Thread: Tester wanted

• Facebook
  • Display

Tester wanted

Can someone test these either against the CPU or against another user and post complete stats? Also try and use powerhouse teams as well.

Thanks in advance! (Well thanks if you help out, if you don't help you can......... )

8 Minute Quarter length

Heisman
    Heisman
    Heisman
    On
    On
    On
    Normal
    On
    On
    60 offside
    61 false start
    59 holding
    58 facemask
    100 offensive pass interference
    100 defensive pass interference
    100 kr/pr interference
    58 clipping
    100 intentional grounding
    53 roughing the passer
    100 roughing the kicker
    10 QB accuracy
    20 pass blocking
    25 WR catching
    45 RB ability
    50 run blocking
    80 pass coverage
    10 interceptions
    55 rush defense
    60 tackling
    40 fg power
    30 fg accuracy
    40 punt power
    30 punt accuracy
    45 kickoff power
    15 QB accuracy
    25 pass blocking
    30 wr catching
    55 RB ability
    55 run blocking
    80 pass coverage
    15 interceptions
    65 rush defense
    60 tackling
    40 fg power
    40 fg accuracy
    40 punt power
    40 punt accuracy
    50 kickoff power

will test them out tonight and post stats.

Ok, tried these sliders out, here are my thoughts. It was a great game vs the CPU, Arizona St (CPU) vs Arizona (Me).

There were too many clipping calls. I think 6 total, otherwise 0 other penalties. 4 clipping calls by the CPU and 2 against me, all on kick returns either punt or kickoff returns.

I was able to use abuse the inside spread run game vs the CPU. I put up pretty decent rushing stats.

There did seem to be some drops, by both teams, but no team in real life is perfect, just seemed like the drops came at bad times, i.e. 3rd and 6 wide open TE for the CPU and he'd drop it.

I was up at the end of the game, the CPU went into it's usually HYPER no-huddle, it was going so fast I couldn't even pick a play. It was wild at one point it was 3rd and 6th and it snapped the ball so fast I was attempting to press the O to change players on Defense, then the play-call window popped up WHILE the play was going it covered the O-line and QB, then me pressing O attempting to change players made me select the "O" play and my defenders then moved around AFTER the ball was snapped like they were trying to get into position, thus leaving all the WRs wide open. I've seen the CPU go into HYPER no-huddle before but have never seen the play-call window pop up after the CPU snapped the ball, it was a good 2-3 seconds into the play. I was like WOAH! Anyways, after my players started moving all over it left receivers wide open and it converted the 3rd down.

CPU scored, and I got the ball back with 0:53. I drove the field but throw a pick on the 1 yard line, tried a curl route, the SS jumped the route and that was all she wrote. It was a good game.

I like the threshold speed of 20, I was playing on a set that had 35 and I like the 20 of this set better.

I would also consider changing the CPU FG kick power. The ASU (CPU) kicker has a kick power of 86, he was able to make 2 FGs of 50+ like no buddies business. Maybe CPU FG power of 40 is good, just seemed like he had no problem with 50+ kicks.

Attached are the screenshots of the stats.

Thanks for posting these sliders, I'll try some more games, usually I like playing with lower tier teams so I'll see how they do with those teams.

Tried a second game, Old Dominion (CPU) vs Georgia State (Me).

I had an oh crap moment, I took the opening kick off, they shut me down and forced a punt. I kicked the ball out at the 2 yard line, I thought it was a pretty good kick. CPU is backed up in their own endzone I did an all out blitz. They do a hand-off to the back, I hit him with 3 guys in the endzone I'm screaming SAFETY SAFETY he breaks all 3 tackles, bounces outside and takes it 102 yards to the house for a TD. I was like OH

CPU kicks off, I throw a pass, tipped INT, they drive the field and I hold them to a FG. 10-0. They kick off, I fumble the ball, they throw a quick pass 17-0 first few mins of the game. I was thinking oh great.

I did pretty good, came back took the lead later 27-23, but they were able to drive field and in the end beat me 34-30.

It was a fun game, still way too many Clipping calls. It was almost a guarantee on kick returns.

7 total penalties, 6 where clipping, the other was a facemask.

Thank you Gus for the feedback, it is very much appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Thank you Gus for the feedback, it is very much appreciated!!
    You're welcome sir. I've been using these sliders http://utopiacollegesports.com/showthread.php?tid=1521

I like the speed threshold of yours better. Heisman Offense seems to play a little better too.

One thing I would like to learn how to do, and I thought it would fix itself on Heisman Defense is if I don't touch my controller my Defensive controlled player still moves on his own. I'd rather him stand still until I make an input on the controller. A lot of time I have to re-route his initial movement back towards the play. This happens more in Zone which I can understand he's supposed to be moving more towards his assigned zone, but in Man coverage if he's not lined up vs an offensive player, I don't like that he moves on his own.

Another strange thing I've seen and this happens on AA and Heisman offensive settings is I can be running the ball using the left-analog stick to control the HB and he will sometimes hurdle on his own I don't press the triangle he just does it on his own. This is sometimes very strange as it feels like I'm not really in control of him. One time when he did the hurdle on his own I was trying to turn the corner near the sideline and he jumped out of bounds.

Overall this is a good slider set. I like it.

Tried another one, Vanderbilt (CPU) vs Tulsa (Me).

Another great game, all of them have been really close so far. Again, the only glaring issue is the clipping penalties. This time there were 8 penalties total, 2 facemask and 6 clipping. Other than that these sliders seem very good.

EDIT: I take that back the CPU did have 1 False start.

Playing against a better team was hard, when I forced Vanderbilt to punt towards the end of the game I was like YES FINALLY!

There was 1 strange animation, not sure if this is comes from Heisman settings or not, the CPU threw a pass over the middle to the slot receiver, he was wide open, he started to lay out for the pass, caught the ball and then magically went from being horizontal in the air to landing on his feet and running in stride. I was like WOW COOL he's MAGIC!

The CPU also threw some nice fade passes to the outside near the sidelines and the WRs would layout and make some sweet diving catches.

EDIT: Another quick note, I'm not sure if this is the sliders or the Heisman setting. I've never been a Spread Offense guy before this year....more of a Pro Style in the past, well I am having awesome rushing stats running the spread offense. The 1st game posted above I used the Arizona PB, the 2nd game was Auburn's PB, and this last game was Tulsa's PB. I tried running from under center out of the I and I was hammered in the backfield. It was a simple Dive play but BOOM loss of yards, when I run from SG I do pretty good, as long as I make my "read" correctly on the read option I rarely have a loss of yards.
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 07-20-2013 at 02:19 PM.