Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defensive Line: Agressive

• Facebook
  • Display

Defensive Line: Agressive

Since it has been brought up what are everyone's thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Since it has been brought up what are everyone's thoughts on this?
    I've been using it constantly since it was introduced in '10. I'm all for it, because the pass rush is nearly non-existant without it, in my experience. I'm also fairly confident that most, if not all of the league, was using it last season. It seems toned down from that, even.

It's also one of the few things that seems consistent between playing the CPU and playing HUM. I don't see a critical reason to adjust this for HUM games only. Eliminating it completely would put us at a decided disadvantage (in terms of pass rush) against CPU.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I've been using it constantly since it was introduced in '10. I'm all for it, because the pass rush is nearly non-existant without it, in my experience. I'm also fairly confident that most, if not all of the league, was using it last season. It seems toned down from that, even.

It's also one of the few things that seems consistent between playing the CPU and playing HUM. I don't see a critical reason to adjust this for HUM games only. Eliminating it completely would put us at a decided disadvantage (in terms of pass rush) against CPU.
    Agree with Jeff. Its already difficult to stop the run this would only make it worse IMO this includes pass rush also, there is no pressure without sending some and then its not a given to get some there.

Cross posting from another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    once i saw JTS for 3 straight plays on my first series
    That's pretty much what I've done, dating back to when I joined PH in NCAA '10. If my opponent runs it, I turn it on. If they don't, I leave it off. If my line starts to dominate too much, I turn it off. With Gameplan being deemphasized this year, there have been some games I've completely forgotten about it.

-----

I will say that I'm hesitant to believe FSU's opinion that his RG was getting beat because of JTS consistently. Running JTS as a HUM, that hasn't been my experience at all. More often than not, JTS seems to give me little if any benefit. Randomly I'll get a good jump that'll lead to a sack, but that's about it. Running blocks being broken have not seemed to have been influenced by JTS, in my observation (though with obviously limited testing).

It's also worth mentioning that I ran against the same Miami defense, with JTS on, and was able to find success in the running game.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 08-02-2010 at 11:58 AM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    It's also worth mentioning that I ran against the same Miami defense, with JTS on, and was able to find success in the running game.
    alot of success, I dont see a problem in it, its something that is not overbearing like it has been. And I never played with a D-lineman to help out any either.

I don't use it, dont care for it either. I hate the idea of being able to tell your entire team to do something aggressively and all 4 or 7 or 11 be able to do it all at once just because of a setting. Just like being able to tell your secondary to play aggressive coverage...then all of sudden them turning into telepathic Derelle Revis's. This is something they should be doing anyway depending on the play you call not because of a setting.

There is no penalty towards it IMO, I'd probably say there are more false start penalties than encroachment penalties if you are trying to draw someone off sides. In fact many people just leave it on all game because of this and the positive out weighs the negative.

I get fairly good pressure without using it and stop the run just as well. I believe my team is at a pretty solid number for sacks actually.
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 08-02-2010 at 12:07 PM.

I can go either way on this. Thus far in NCAA 11 I haven't used it once. In NCAA 10 I used it all the time however due to the lack of a pass rush.

So far not using it hasn't hurt me as I've only given up 57 points on the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    So far not using it hasn't hurt me as I've only given up 57 points on the year.
    and you have a d-lineman close to leading the nation in sacks

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    and you have a d-lineman close to leading the nation in sacks
    Very true, although he had three sacks in one game against an inferior opponent, but hasn't done a lot since.

I haven't used it so far this year and I'm doing pretty decent against the cpu (except :-( Kendall Hunter)....I used to use it all the time on 10....but playing tight games against G, Jeff, and Oneback....those 5 yard penalties were killing me....so I've learned to go without....in fact....the only gameplan I do is conversative for catching, running, and stripping....I've learned that if I limit my turnovers....I'll be in a good position to win (breaking news!!!!).

After all my blabbering....my vote is....it doesn't matter....I just enjoy playing with a group that is as passionate as I am about being able to play dynastys with others....as long as yall are happy....I am, too. [/sissy voice]
    Last edited by Papa LoneStar; 08-02-2010 at 12:58 PM.

I haven't used it at all myself and my DL seems to do well enough.

I have used it since 2010 version as well. I sometimes forget to use in 2011 because I forget to go into the section but I'm with Papa on this one. Whatever makes everyone happy then I'm all for it.

One thing, I swear I noticed that I got a JTS showing even when it was turned off, I was using my MLB at the time. Maybe I was wrong, but can we make sure of this tonight as well?

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    I have used it since 2010 version as well. I sometimes forget to use in 2011 because I forget to go into the section but I'm with Papa on this one. Whatever makes everyone happy then I'm all for it.

One thing, I swear I noticed that I got a JTS showing even when it was turned off, I was using my MLB at the time. Maybe I was wrong, but can we make sure of this tonight as well?
    You may have been approaching the line and moved towards it at the snap of the ball. You can actually user JTS which is much more realistic because its hard to do not knowing when the CPU will snap the ball.

OK I thought for sure I was getting that message when I didn't have it set. Now the million dollar question is can this be controlled? I mean, what if I can get it to come up almost every play, and someone thinks that I have it set when in fact I don't. What happens then, and how do you tell you the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    OK I thought for sure I was getting that message when I didn't have it set. Now the million dollar question is can this be controlled? I mean, what if I can get it to come up almost every play, and someone thinks that I have it set when in fact I don't. What happens then, and how do you tell you the difference?
    If you get it to come up every play then you have the timing and reaction of a snake lol. That or you notice your opponent snaping the ball at 15 EVERY single play

I usually forget it's there. I don't really think you need it this year if you learn your dl moves.

And as I posted I realize this wasn't a general discussion. Lol sorry guys...
    Last edited by Marlowe; 08-02-2010 at 02:24 PM.

I use it mainly because my D line isn't that good just yet, so it's one of the only ways I get pressure on the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    I use it mainly because my D line isn't that good just yet, so it's one of the only ways I get pressure on the QB.
    Which is crazy because your DE leads the nation in sacks and he's not all that good like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Which is crazy because your DE leads the nation in sacks and he's not all that good like you said.
    That's because I always user control him. I'm pretty good at using the DEs so I always have good stats with one DE.