Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera Angles

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'd rather sit in the last row of the upper deck at the 50 yard line than be in row 1 at the 50. You can see so much more whne you are higher. I've actually sat in really good tickets (row 3, 45 yard line) at Ford Field and been disappointed with them. You are so close it's hard to see what's going on. I've also sat at the final row of the Silverdome (row 28 of a massive upper deck at the 35 yard line) and I liked it. I was right next to the polaroid guys.

I like the boardcast Angle in Madden 10 for watching games.

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOLxCOACH View Post
    i over-ride the default camera angle on offense to see my WR's by switching to the CENTER and then back to my QB...
    I wondered what the hell you were doing in our game. Makes sense now. Personally, I hate the zoomed out view, so I never would have thought about purposefully setting it up.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I REALLY like the old wide view from the last gen games. I hope they bring that one back (basically the view you see when dropping back at QB).

I would like to see some innovative camera caps. The 2 I would think would be cool would be:

1: Special teams (FG only I think) split screen camera. So I could see the kicker react to the kick. Of course the kicker celebrations would need to be updated for this to make sense to me. I also liked what Madden 09 had (can't remember if 10 had it) on FG's/XP's just different cameras from in front and behind the goalposts. Made it real difficult to try and block a kick though.

2: On Turnovers, camera just pan out a little, and allow the play to play out backwards. Gives a different perspective (from the 'dynamic defensive' camera last year), without flipping the angle. This is a better use of the feature in 2 main areas.

First, there will be NO wr's to worry about behind the play, it's just all coming back at you with the one ball carrier to pick up. In this case panning the camera out instead of towards the play allows the user to pick up multiple players, instead of finding them one by one as they enter the screen.

Second it would give a broadcast feel from the current camera system. When you're watching a turnover on tv, the ball is just suddenly going the other way. The camera doesn't flip or rotate. So "BAM", now the ball's coming back at you. But you don't have to find it now. It adds dimension to the return.

I don't think I've ever used an alt. camera view. I wonder why its so hard for EA to put in different camera views? Is it just low priority or are alt. camera views just too expensive? (budget wise)

I think it takes time to implement other camera but they do have different angles for replays. The big problem is the effect on frame rate. They had a hard time going to 60 fps and things have to be tuned properly just to get that to hold up. This is the first year they have gotten the numbers on Bama's helmets to show up due to this issue.

Haha, that's why I came up with an option from a camera already in the game. Tell me something, the camera for 11 is slightly different from 10, I can't tell what the difference is though. Everyone seems to like it. Is it zoomed out a little or higher, or what?

Bumble from OS said it's a cross between NCAA 09 and NCAA 06 athough it's impossible to tell from those videos. He said the old camera is back but I think he was mistaken. Nothing has been talked about regarding camera angles. Adam Thompson did hint last year that they were looking at doing something about that this year (like bring back the NCAA 09 angle which I would love).

It's tough for me to say much on the camera angle as I was in the group that didn't mind the NCAA 10 camera or previous editions before it. It did feel like this new camera swiveled less than the '10 camera and that seemed to be where the complaints came in from those who didn't like it.

I was under the impression that it is tough for them to have the camera go out really far (ex: blimp cam) as the further out they go, the more moving characters on screen the game has to process which threatens the 60 FPS standard Rudy mentioned. That may not be right, but is what I think is going on. They could add in those angles, but it takes more work than just panning out the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    It's tough for me to say much on the camera angle as I was in the group that didn't mind the NCAA 10 camera or previous editions before it. It did feel like this new camera swiveled less than the '10 camera and that seemed to be where the complaints came in from those who didn't like it.
    The swivel did bug me and I'm glad to hear it's less. I didn't like that the angle was lower making it harder to see downfield. This also made it hard to defend passes downfield. From some of the videos, the slower pass speed seems to help that as the camera zooms in more on plays down the field. Can you comment at all on how the camera zooms down the field and the speed of the passes?

I wanted to really illustrate why I hated the NCAA 10 camera angle. That's mainly due to the low angle on plays. I didn't like the "rocking" or panning of the camera while playing but screenshots can't really capture that. But you can certainly see the difference in the vertical angle.

Here are the pre-play camera angles of the games between NCAA 09 through 11. The biggest difference in NCAA 11 is that you can see a wider view of the field than previously. Overall I think the NCAA 11 camera may be the best one yet. I still believe we need more options as gamers. Since the PS3 has a ton of disc space, give us exclusive content and a ton of camera angles if the 360 is too restrictive!

I'll illustrate the more important gameplay camera in the next post.

PREPLAY CAMERA ANGLES

NCAA 09

NCAA 10

NCAA 11

Last edited by Rudy; 06-27-2010 at 08:41 AM.

Now the crucial "in play" camera angles. I greatly preferred 09 over 10 because I could see downfield better. NCAA 11 looks the best because of the vertical spacing. I used to even play with the blimp camera on Madden for the PS1 so I like the zoomed out look. NCAA 10 is lousy at indicating the vertical spacing imo.

DURING PLAY CAMERA ANGLES
    (tried to capture the pic as soon as the QB finished his drop back or right after)

NCAA 09

NCAA 10 (2 pics - one is even a screencap from a Gaming Tailgate NCAA 10 video)

NCAA 11

Last edited by Rudy; 06-27-2010 at 08:42 AM.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I REALLY like the camera for '11. And I'm with you on playing with the widest possible camera angles in football games. I used to use the wide camera or whatever it was called from the PS2 days of NCAA as well because it was like seeing the plays as you would on game film.

From some videos I've seen, it looks like Madden kept the same low angle for the main camera. I wonder if they tweaked any of their other camera angles?

Rudy, thanks for showing those pictures . I do wish like everyone else though that EA would give us the options for more.