Thread: NCAA Football 14: Brag about your recruit or hidden gem

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Football 14: Brag about your recruit or hidden gem

On our online dynasty using some nice sliders made by Jaymo, still in our first year. I was waiting for my friend to finish his last game of the season, because I had a bye week.
    So while he was playing his game I went to the practice field to see what players I had who didn't get any playing time this year.
    I noticed my fourth string QB was a freshman FS, so I looked at his throwing power and throwing accuracy. it was 82/87. I decided to use him in practice just to see how bad he was.
    I also noticed his speed was a 94 and acc 92 and was hitting open receivers as long as it wasn't tight coverage. Once we advanced the week it was bowl week.

I decide to give him a shot, his first play was a 30 yd run with a fumble, and his next run was 18 yds and a two week injury. So in the off season I changed him from FS to QB because my QBs where very questionable and I felt he had just a much of a chance to start as my other ones did.
    So my first game I started him, I usually use pocket passers but could not find a good one this season.
    So his first game he was 12/21- 209yds -2 TD 2-INT 18 runs 181 yds, Although it said 18 runs he was sacked 4 or 5 times, and that counts as a run.

We beat Ball State 42-35 in the last minute of the game with a 56 yd QB sneak.
    Any how I'm looking forward to see if he becomes a key player or just a one game wonder. I may have to convert back to my pocket passer, but as long as he can manage the game without costing us to lose, I'll let him start.

Once I land this QB (#1 in the country!!!) I'll brag about him some more

My class is looking good though for me being Colorado (2* team).

Ya I'm using Indiana another 2* team. Good luck, I landed the number 3 QB in the country,and didn't get to scout him fully before he signed with me. He was a 78 over all pocket passer when he signed I was very happy. After I finished scouting him he ended up a bust at 68, I cut him and this is why I had to use this guy.
    Last edited by punter; 07-15-2013 at 03:37 PM.

I scouted mine 100%. He's 78 overall. Started out at an 84.

6-5, 190 (Scrambler)

85 speed, 90 acceleration, 81 agility, 79 throw accuracy, 86 throw power

Did you all create a coach, or use an existing one? Because I've found that recruiting with a created coach is tough due to the limited amount of points you have to divvy out compared to existing coaches.

I created mine,started out with 0 points, 4 games into 2nd season I have 6 points, its on very slow. I signed two 5* players last season, A HB and that bust QB. Most others where 3*. maybe two 4 stars but I don't recall.

I recruited this punter who had all 99 ratings. Even for speed, throwing accuracy, strength, you name it. Must be a one in a million find

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I recruited this punter who had all 99 ratings. Even for speed, throwing accuracy, strength, you name it. Must be a one in a million find

Quote Originally Posted by prime9 View Post
    Did you all create a coach, or use an existing one? Because I've found that recruiting with a created coach is tough due to the limited amount of points you have to divvy out compared to existing coaches.
    I created my coach

Not sure how I got lucky and got the #1 QB. Believe Play Time was high on his list because he will come in rated better than our starting Freshman QB

I landed a 4* OLB also. After that a bunch of 3* I believe.

Correction that QB I landed is an 80 overall.

So after a season as QB my all american SS had a rough SO year. Started out very strong but was injured in week 5 and missed the rest of the season. He came back in time for the bowl game.
    Season stats
    Fr year. SS: 45 tackles
    1 asst./2 FF/2 Pass Deflections

SO year/QB: 163.9 QB rating
    71/114/1119
    7 TDS/4 INTS
    62.3%
    Rushing yards
    74 attempts (including sacks a lot)
    548 Yds/9 TDS
    long of 48
    He missed 7 games due to Injury
    We are 4 games into his JR year now.

That QB I landed, #1 QB in the country

Overall - 81

Heisman front runner now and has us ranked #20 at 6-0

Struggled First two games throwing 2 interceptions a piece and had a shootout against Washington State last game (threw 3 td's and 2 int's). Was leading 31-10 at half, Wash St. scored 28 unanswered points.

I'll have to post some numbers later.

So his JR year my QB ended up throwing for 3208 yrds and rushed for 1158, After the season was over I was offered a contract with so decided to take the deal. I won't be able to use this QB his SR year and s new coach has a different QB as there starter so this QBs career is now over unless there starter gets hurt.

5 * RE and a GEM a 4 * ATH that plays ROLB and HB for me in my Washington St. Dynasty.

Just started year 7 of our online dynasty. After 3 years with and 2 years with I went to I signed a 5* QB this year, after two games I think this guy maybe the best QB I've had to date.
    Vincent Hubbard
    Quarterback | Scrambler
    Hubbard
    Home Cooper City, FL
    Height 6-2
    Weight 211
    Year Freshman
    Overall 82 STATS SKILLS
    QB Skills All Skills
    BASE
    Speed 86 Strength 51
    Agility 86 Acceleration 88
    Jumping 50 Awareness 49
    Stamina 80 Injury 84
    PASSING
    Throw Power 83 Throw Accuracy 96
    RUSHING
    Break Tackle 77 Trucking 64
    Elusiveness 75 Stiff Arm 38
    Spin Move 55 Juke Move 87
    Carrying 44 Ball Carrier Vision 62
    RECEIVING
    Catching 40 Spectacular Catch 35
    Catch In Traffic 24 Route Running 25
    Release 27

After two games
    Comp Att Yds TD Int
    46 61 856 9 1
    RUSHING
    Att Yds TD Fum Long
    7 18 1 0 23
    Last edited by punter; 08-19-2013 at 11:44 AM.