Thread: Playbook creation/Spread Offense

• Facebook
  • Display
    Lawrence, MI originally from South Bend, IN

Playbook creation/Spread Offense

I'm looking for a little advice on creating a playbook. Is this what most of you guys are running? I think I want to build a playbook of spread a mix in some power run options if I can. Any suggestions on a starting playbook? Better formations to make sure are in the playbook? Any suggestions/help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    I'm looking for a little advice on creating a playbook. Is this what most of you guys are running? I think I want to build a playbook of spread a mix in some power run options if I can. Any suggestions on a starting playbook? Better formations to make sure are in the playbook? Any suggestions/help would be appreciated
    I'd suggest looking into the Pistol formations. It allows you to use spread concepts and power/down-hill running in the same formations.

Lawrence, MI originally from South Bend, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by PDuncanOSU View Post
    I'd suggest looking into the Pistol formations. It allows you to use spread concepts and power/down-hill running in the same formations.
    I thought about adding a couple pistol formations in combination with formations from oregon and auburn but not sure..

doing my shootbone offense... as per normal...
    Blend of Ace, Flexbone, Pistol & Shotty...

I advice is to find a playbook that is laid out like you want, i.e. order of base formations, if one doesnt have a base set you want add it, if it loads in a good place for you, then edit from there.

with the mass amount of sets EA has provided isnt really an offense you cant create a reasonable version of.

Every time I use no-huddle in NCAA 14 using a custom offensive playbook, there is a very frustrating glitch. After a play ends and I start the no-huddle, that formation that I just used dissapears and reapears somewhere else with a different formation but the same (incorrect) name. Many other formations as you scroll through are with incorrect titles, and many dissapear that should be there. This happens quite a lot. Also, I have noticed if in no-huddle and you successfully get through this glitch and call a handoff (usually a jet sweep), the play doesn't work; the quarterback fakes a draw and then scrambles around the backfield until he gets tackled. Another very frustrating issue. Is anyone else having these troubles?

I've posted this multiple times. It also happens in the demo if you use Oregon.