Thread: Do you play with your favorite team in dynasty?

• Facebook
  • Display

Do you play with your favorite team in dynasty?

Just asking

Most years I don't. However for this year I decided to be Arizona States OC. I last played as ASU in NCAA 11 and before that in NCAA 06. Generally I like to choose teams that are far weaker and build them up.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Most years I don't. However for this year I decided to be Arizona States OC. I last played as ASU in NCAA 11 and before that in NCAA 06. Generally I like to choose teams that are far weaker and build them up.
    I was thinking of playing with Nebraska offline which I use my 2nd fav team VT online and FLA in my UT. so....I may go with a weaker team. Which Nebraska does have a hard time in the Big Ten so, I dont' know yet. I was looking for some feedback. Thanks

I used to play with Navy every year, but I haven't done so since at least NCAA 10 or NCAA 11. With too much of an emotional attachment to Navy, I end up either trying to win every game at all costs and it sort of kills my excitement to keep playing as I end up with multiple losses throughout the season, or, for some reason, I end up unable to finish out the first season, it eventually dying off by mid-season.

So, in '12, with the introduction of coaching carousel, I went a different route. Took over as OC of a one star team (Florida International), and have just kept building on my career in dynasty modes as each edition comes out, using coaching carousel at the end of my last season to dictate where I start my dynasty on the next game. Got through three seasons at FIU on '12, got through six seasons at Tulsa on '13 and am starting season one at Utah State on '14.

Works much better and is much more enjoyable for me. While I have Navy set as my coach's Alma Mater, honestly, I'm not sure if I really want to or ever will end up at Navy at some point. I'm enjoying playing with teams that I've never played with before, in conferences against opponents I've never faced before. Makes it some much more fun and has got me 10 seasons into my dynasty and still rolling full steam ahead.

My 06 ASU DYASTY is my most memorable of all time. However, in 09 I had an absolute blast as UTEP. It took six seasons but we won the NC. Last year I really enjoyed being the OC at Rice for six seasons. Syracuse had some great moments in NCAA 12. Idaho in 08 was my biggest ever challenge. There are so many great teams to use. That's one reason why I like NCAA so much more than madden... the variety.

Top 3:
    1. ASU 06
    2. Michigan St. 06
    3. UTEP 09
    honourable mention: Virginia 07

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I used to play with Navy every year, but I haven't done so since at least NCAA 10 or NCAA 11. With too much of an emotional attachment to Navy, I end up either trying to win every game at all costs and it sort of kills my excitement to keep playing as I end up with multiple losses throughout the season, or, for some reason, I end up unable to finish out the first season, it eventually dying off by mid-season.

So, in '12, with the introduction of coaching carousel, I went a different route. Took over as OC of a one star team (Florida International), and have just kept building on my career in dynasty modes as each edition comes out, using coaching carousel at the end of my last season to dictate where I start my dynasty on the next game. Got through three seasons at FIU on '12, got through six seasons at Tulsa on '13 and am starting season one at Utah State on '14.

Works much better and is much more enjoyable for me. While I have Navy set as my coach's Alma Mater, honestly, I'm not sure if I really want to or ever will end up at Navy at some point. I'm enjoying playing with teams that I've never played with before, in conferences against opponents I've never faced before. Makes it some much more fun and has got me 10 seasons into my dynasty and still rolling full steam ahead.
    I may go with a 1 * school.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    My 06 ASU DYASTY is my most memorable of all time. However, in 09 I had an absolute blast as UTEP. It took six seasons but we won the NC. Last year I really enjoyed being the OC at Rice for six seasons. Syracuse had some great moments in NCAA 12. Idaho in 08 was my biggest ever challenge. There are so many great teams to use. That's one reason why I like NCAA so much more than madden... the variety.

Top 3:
    1. ASU 06
    2. Michigan St. 06
    3. UTEP 09
    honourable mention: Virginia 07
    My best one is NCAA 99 USL with like 2 or 3 restarts. 5 years 65-0

No I started with a 1 star school as a OC, spent 2 seasons with them and was offered a 3 year contact with a 2 star team as oc which I took the deal. I'm On my last year of the contract now, I'm hoping to get a HC job after this season somewhere. One thing that might hurt me is I haven't one a bowl game yet but will see what happens after this season.
    wish me luck

Yep. must become the most dominant team in the land in every version.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Yep. must become the most dominant team in the land in every version.
    This. But I strive for realism, so I use my favorite team and alma mater,

I did start one with Nebraska but it felt too easy. So, I worked for 2 hours on my custom playbook ( formation audblies). An started a OC with Georgia state. Now 2-0 next against WVU.

Just got signed as HC of after 2 seasons as OC, with and 3 with not where I was hoping to land but it's a start.
    It will be a task to stay out of the hot seat, and I'm not sure if this is the team to rebuild or not. I have a 5 season contract, but will be open for better offers from other teams during the off-seasons.

Yeah. I'm in my second season with Nebraska. Currently 10-1 and about to play Iowa. Last year I went 12-2 with losses to Michigan and then to Ohio State in the B1G championship. Won the Orange Bowl over Florida State 35-33. Won the heisman with Taylor Martinez last year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    Just got signed as HC of after 2 seasons as OC, with and 3 with not where I was hoping to land but it's a start.
    It will be a task to stay out of the hot seat, and I'm not sure if this is the team to rebuild or not. I have a 5 season contract, but will be open for better offers from other teams during the off-seasons.
    After year 1 as ASU o/c I was offered the job for Akron but I declined. We have started season 2 going 0-3 out of the gate and my job safety plunged as did my rank (D and hot seat). Now with 2 straight wins things have improved. However, my job selection will be slim. I am watching job security closely. If the UNLV job is offered I may take it.

Can't believe I just found this place. Been playing college football games since the original Bill Walsh. Skipped a few years but certainly played at least 15 games. Just picked up 14 after skipping 13

I normally do a dynasty with USF (which didn't even have football when I started playing), and get a NT after 4 or 5 seasons

Then I use teambuilder to make Valdosta St. (my cousins' alma mater). Start them off as independent with no player over 59, and that takes about 10-15 seasons to get to a title game. I go with one or two transitional seasons (6 FCS/6 FBS), then every season I play at least one team from each conference
    Last edited by MarquelBlackwell; 01-26-2014 at 10:14 AM. Reason: spelling