View Poll Results: How would you rate NCAA 14?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Best

36 34.95%

45 43.69%

17 16.50%

3 2.91%
  • 1 - Worst

2 1.94%
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 - General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by GBRNation View Post
    Is anyone getting studio updates? I am the head coach but I haven't got a single one.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Yes I am. They come after extra points. And other presentation happens after a kickoff

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    whats up with no post game highlights ? that should be a staple
    Their is post game highlights

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I really like how your dynamic players change throughout the season. My dynamic players keep switching between my hb, wr, and qb. Although after the last game I may see my TE get into the mix as he has been on fire the last few games.
    I know. It's pretty awesome

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    stiff arms could be toned down a little. just had :hawaii:'s running back give 's DT that wwe style stiff arm.

running in general could be toned down too. too many broken tackles, imo
    I noticed that as well in my games during Season Pass against CPU. Had a DE LSU stiff-armed 4 yards before finally being thrown down. That same RB then went on to break 2 more tackles. But yeah my defenders were getting stiff-armed quite a bit. Atleast 1 every run.

i would love to see a tune for defense upgrade on the front 7... but would appreciate a tune to speed...

DAT from Oregon should not be caught from behind by OLB's and Safeties... it doesn't happen... with a good angle... yes... but not being chased down

or Watkins from Clemson... that would be a perfectly good tune

In all, I've had a lot of fun with it, I do have a few complaints though that I would like to see improved via patch or tuner update.

Defense ... there is none. Especially in the middle of the field with zones. It's like sideline defense was improved, but defense between the hashes is non-existent. I need zones to be fixed, man coverage to be improved on slants.

Speed needs to be tuned. 95+ SPD needs to feel like that in the open field. It is as if EA put that shoestring tackle in the game to keep speed from being overpowered. However, it is still annoying that my 60+ yard TD's end up only being 30 yard runs instead.

Online, the camera on interceptions and fumbles needs to stop, & turn around, then resume like it does offline. Not only does it look weird otherwise, sometimes it ruins my returns.

Finally, the initial accleration on punt & kickoff returns. I hate that I start out in quicksand when I return a kick. Besides those aforementioned things, I love the game.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

can they tune some tackling into this game... mediocre RB's break like 4 tackle per play

Edit: this is with conservative wrap up and strip on conservative
    Last edited by xGRIDIRONxGURUx; 07-11-2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: not the end of my rant lol

Have you guys played with speed threshold?

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    im talking about head to head

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    I am having the same issue as them going against the cpu with Miami in year 2. Duke gets caught from behind way too often when he should be gone. I have the threshold set at 10 right now and it still happens.

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyJunkie View Post
    Their is post game highlights
    I mean the ones that happen immediately after game ends. Not the ones files away to look through after thee game with the stats

Ive been tooling with RB in RTG and I'm getting a glitch where every pitch my RB basically stops before he runs. Its really bad. Only on pitches though. Does this happen to any of you?

no i'm not bashing the game, this is just funny to see

I too would like to see the return of speed burst instead of the acceleration. I also hate the shoe string tackles. No one can break away. I did return a kickoff 98 yards so it can be done but thats frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by kindella2 View Post
    I too would like to see the return of speed burst instead of the acceleration. I also hate the shoe string tackles. No one can break away. I did return a kickoff 98 yards so it can be done but thats frustrating.
    It pretty much forces you to expect the shoe string tackle, you're only options are to hurdle as soon as you see the CPU lunge forward, or run at a zigzag downfield.

Finally got hands on time with this game and much like the demo the offense in the retail version is way to powerful. Defense is simply non-existent. I even cranked sliders up to 100 in Pass Defense, Rush Defense, and Interceptions and while it helped a bit, its not enough to overcome the offense. With the new running animations for the ballcarriers, its way too simple to gain 3-5 yards per rush. Defenders are still too slow in reacting to things in their area, and the middle of the field is a mess. Slants are killer, as are posts, drags, and in routes.

I still think the two biggest issues with pass defense are:

a) No pressure on QB and when he is pressured he isn't rattled by it whatsoever. Far too accurate with throws, especially under pressure.

b) No individual coverage assignments on defense. You cannot shade receivers towards help or to take things away. You can bump one guy and back off another. Until this is added, pass defense will continue to be an absolute chore, with no way to gameplan against the offense.

There are things to like about this game, but when all is said and done the on field experience makes me feel as though I am playing an Arena football game vs that of an NCAA game.

And the graphics on the PS3 are just plain awful.

Just had a 21-10 win over Army.

I will say I was upset that the Army QBs went a combined 9-12, then again they only gained 30 yards through the air, so I guess it's not that bad.

Army had a decent showing on the ground, 40 carries for roughly 180 yards. I will say though that after changing the gameplan to be aggressive on the option, and just using a LB or S to cover the pitchman it became a lot easier to slow down their running attack.

Will say that I'm seeing perhaps too many LB's knocking down passes that should easily float over them to a breaking WR/TE.

Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
    In all, I've had a lot of fun with it, I do have a few complaints though that I would like to see improved via patch or tuner update.

Defense ... there is none. Especially in the middle of the field with zones. It's like sideline defense was improved, but defense between the hashes is non-existent. I need zones to be fixed, man coverage to be improved on slants.

Speed needs to be tuned. 95+ SPD needs to feel like that in the open field. It is as if EA put that shoestring tackle in the game to keep speed from being overpowered. However, it is still annoying that my 60+ yard TD's end up only being 30 yard runs instead.

Online, the camera on interceptions and fumbles needs to stop, & turn around, then resume like it does offline. Not only does it look weird otherwise, sometimes it ruins my returns.

Finally, the initial accleration on punt & kickoff returns. I hate that I start out in quicksand when I return a kick. Besides those aforementioned things, I love the game.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
    I agree with the Zone defense needing to be improved and man coverage on slants. Hopefully, EA will patch it.