View Poll Results: How would you rate NCAA 14?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Best

36 34.95%

45 43.69%

17 16.50%

3 2.91%
  • 1 - Worst

2 1.94%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 - General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by DertyMat View Post
    Although I have yet to try recruiting, I believe you can upgrade your coaches recruiting abilities (RPG like) to allow for greater recruit success.
    Only head coaches have recruiting though. OC and DC are gameplay related.

Quote Originally Posted by DertyMat View Post
    Although I have yet to try recruiting, I believe you can upgrade your coaches recruiting abilities (RPG like) to allow for greater recruit success.
    Yeah, you can, but in my experience so far, it only slows the bleeding.

To test, I created a level 30 coach last night, and completely maxed out his recruiting skills. Despite throwing the maximum 700 points at players, despite having a couple hundred more points in bonuses, despite the players being from a pipeline state, I was still eventually constantly being overtaken and losing ground to teams like Rice, Old Dominion, San Jose State, etc.

Two players that I was able to drag things out long enough to make it to the off-season, I had to pump 5,000 points in each of them, out of my 15,000 point off-season recruiting pool, just to ensure I'd sign them. That left me 5,000 points to distribute between the remaining 7 players on my board.

My first season as a level 30 coach at Texas State, with maxed out recruiting, I signed a grand total of 11 players. All but two rated between 57 and 65 overall.

To me, it feels like they took the difficulty of recruiting and cranked it all the way up to Heisman x HeismanHeisman​ and then multiplied that result by Heisman.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

To test, I created a level 30 coach last night, and completely maxed out his recruiting skills. Despite throwing the maximum 700 points at players, despite having a couple hundred more points in bonuses, despite the players being from a pipeline state, I was still eventually constantly being overtaken and losing ground to teams like Rice, Old Dominion, San Jose State, etc.

Two players that I was able to drag things out long enough to make it to the off-season, I had to pump 5,000 points in each of them, out of my 15,000 point off-season recruiting pool, just to ensure I'd sign them. That left me 5,000 points to distribute between the remaining 7 players on my board.

My first season as a level 30 coach at Texas State, with maxed out recruiting, I signed a grand total of 11 players. All but two rated between 57 and 65 overall.

To me, it feels like they took the difficulty of recruiting and cranked it all the way up to Heisman x HeismanHeisman​ and then multiplied that result by Heisman.
    Yikes... I'm about to try it out.

Many are having trouble with recruiting, but for some reason, I have been fairly successful. Heck, my first year with South Alabama, I signed 22 players--one 1 star, nineteen 3 stars, and two 4 stars (posted in another thread, also). This was as an OC, mind you. Maybe I just had a lucky year, but the following season, I signed 17 players. One was a 5 star athlete.

I think I have a new strategy. You need to make sure the player your trying to recruit likes the majority of your school's pitches. (If your a small school) Make sure your competition is weak. It's hard to get guys who are 4 or 5 stars as a small school so look for 3 star gems. If your a larger school try to find a 4 or 5 star recruit who has interest in your school, likes your schools pitches, and who doesn't have a ton of big schools on his back. Athletes are the best guys to go after.

Recruiting requires a lot more thinking than it used to. I'm having to redo my recruiting board to make sure I have guys on my board that not only fit my playing style (which I always do) but fits my school (my school has all of the pitches he wants). If your school has all of the pitches your school wants than you get a pretty bonus. Plus your points allocated and lower competition from schools (at least try to recruit against schools you have a chance against e.g if your Idaho and going after a RB that Alabama is going after then you don't have a fighting chance. But if you were Georgia going after the same RB as Alabama then you do have a chance.) so once you add your bonus, allocated points, and the recruit already having interest in your school then your in good shape to get this recruit. Not to say you can't recruit a guy who isn't automatically interested in you, but in that case you need to make sure their isn't any big schools interested in him. If your a small school then you need to hunt down 3 star gems and the occasional 4 or 5 star who is interested in your school because of a deal breaker. If your a larger school or a small school make sure the recruit likes your schools pitches or it will take mercy to get him. Athletes and 3 star gems are the easiest route to take.

Geez, this years recruiting gives me a headache.... But I love the new realistic strategy required. And don't forget about scheduling complimentary visits LATE in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
    Many are having trouble with recruiting, but for some reason, I have been fairly successful. Heck, my first year with South Alabama, I signed 22 players--one 1 star, nineteen 3 stars, and two 4 stars (posted in another thread, also). This was as an OC, mind you. Maybe I just had a lucky year, but the following season, I signed 17 players. One was a 5 star athlete.
    Yea, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. You can't use the same strategy as last year. The recruiting is funner this year because it takes thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyJunkie View Post
    I think I have a new strategy. You need to make sure the player your trying to recruit likes the majority of your school's pitches. (If your a small school) Make sure your competition is weak. It's hard to get guys who are 4 or 5 stars as a small school so look for 3 star gems. If your a larger school try to find a 4 or 5 star recruit who has interest in your school, likes your schools pitches, and who doesn't have a ton of big schools on his back. Athletes are the best guys to go after.

Recruiting requires a lot more thinking than it used to. I'm having to redo my recruiting board to make sure I have guys on my board that not only fit my playing style (which I always do) but fits my school (my school has all of the pitches he wants). If your school has all of the pitches your school wants than you get a pretty bonus. Plus your points allocated and lower competition from schools (at least try to recruit against schools you have a chance against e.g if your Idaho and going after a RB that Alabama is going after then you don't have a fighting chance. But if you were Georgia going after the same RB as Alabama then you do have a chance.) so once you add your bonus, allocated points, and the recruit already having interest in your school then your in good shape to get this recruit. Not to say you can't recruit a guy who isn't automatically interested in you, but in that case you need to make sure their isn't any big schools interested in him. If your a small school then you need to hunt down 3 star gems and the occasional 4 or 5 star who is interested in your school because of a deal breaker. If your a larger school or a small school make sure the recruit likes your schools pitches or it will take mercy to get him. Athletes and 3 star gems are the easiest route to take.

Geez, this years recruiting gives me a headache.... But I love the new realistic strategy required. And don't forget about scheduling complimentary visits LATE in the year.
    Yea, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. You can't use the same strategy as last year. The recruiting is funner this year because it takes thinking.
    Yes, there is a lot more strategy involved in the front end of recruiting. You need to go through each screen and fully read up on each person. in year two I will choose 15 players as my focus and go after them extensively. Also, I have found that if you get a gem (after scouting) all the other teams show no interest...??? I have a 78 tackle who was +8 after scouting and no one else is even talking to him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The dude abides.

only 8 plays for the 5-2 defensive formation? wow

intersting....although ea kept 's base defense as a 4-3, they've made the appropriate changes to our d-linemen. props to them!

I haven't had any issues gameplay wise so far, but I can't play with WVU.

For some reason EA thought it was a good idea to make the blue helmet's facemask grey, and then on the grey jerseys, put numbers in 3 different places. How is it possible to fvck up something simple like uniforms?

Guess I'll be starting my Temple dynasty early.

Don't worry they couldn't get the orange cleats for Florida in for longest time.

Quote Originally Posted by MtneerManiac View Post
    I haven't had any issues gameplay wise so far, but I can't play with WVU.

For some reason EA thought it was a good idea to make the blue helmet's facemask grey, and then on the grey jerseys, put numbers in 3 different places. How is it possible to fvck up something simple like uniforms?

Guess I'll be starting my Temple dynasty early.
    It sounds like they got the unis wrong. But I think the facemask is a glitch if your on PS3.

stiff arms could be toned down a little. just had :hawaii:'s running back give 's DT that wwe style stiff arm.

running in general could be toned down too. too many broken tackles, imo
    Last edited by baseballplyrmvp; 07-09-2013 at 10:58 PM.

It has seemed fine to me. You can always adjust the sliders though if you don't like it

It has seemed fine to me. You can always adjust the sliders though if you don't like it
    when you're playing as against and the hawaii qb can break 3 tackles on a scramble, when i'm pressing X to tackle (not hit stick or strip), i think its a little over powered. just me though

It depends upon his ability to break tackles. And if you were diving at him. But you do have a point. However, touching up the sliders should help that.

Sure, but sliders can only do so much. After a while, no matter what you do with the sliders, it won't fix some things.

I was getting concerned until I read "at Texas St.". You got 11 and a bunch of walk on jobbers . Sounds about right to me. For the record I am loving this game! Sure, I could change or tweak a few minor things (like seeing my players play the opp before they play) but the game-play is fun! The first game I have really enjoyed since 11 and it blows 11 away.
    BTW smooth I opened up the ultimate team stuff just to go for trophies and it is pretty fun as well

So is anybody else experiencing online users still being able to sit back in the pocket eat a ham sandwich and wait till the slants come open?(just like 09) The last three guys I have played have done this. Any recommendations outside of hot routing every defensive player