View Poll Results: How would you rate NCAA 14?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Best

36 34.95%

45 43.69%

17 16.50%

3 2.91%
  • 1 - Worst

2 1.94%
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 - General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    after a touchdown against cpu the game just stalls and doesn't transition to the next thing.

when you go to instant replay and hold R2 to slowly go through a replay its jutty and choppy

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, that sort of sucks they did it that way. Now I'm very happy that I'm playing a head coach this year, since I'll still get to see the studio updates, but to move them after the PAT, when people playing as coordinators will never get to see them, is sort of stupid. You're making studio update unviewable to thousands of people.

Only one or two people, maybe. They'd have to say something very. inducing for that to happen. Sadly, there are some here who will post something exactly like that.

Yeah, I have to be honest, I'm just not a fan of the new intros. I HATE that they sit there showing "plays" from the freaking game I'm about to play in the intro. Either show some "highlights" from my previous games in the season, or show some "highlights" from the last time I play this time, even if the game just has to make it up, I don't care. But to be sitting there in the pregame, watching supposed plays from the game I'm about to kickoff be shown in the intro, is just stupid.

I was looking forward to the new intros, because I was one of those people who would just immediately skip the intro every game. I played 6 years as Tulsa's OC last season. When you've been playing 6 years as the same team, the same intro is going to get old and you're going to just skip right past it and get to the coin toss. But these new intros, while a change, are a poorer change.

Not at all a fan of them.
    Yeah this drives me nuts. Who came up with the idea to show clips from a game that haven't happened yet??? Amazing immersion...

So far my one big complaint about this game is the sound. Between plays there is absolutely no sound and overall the crowd noise is just atrocious. Other than that I am really loving this game.

online h2h ncaaUT game-when someone calls hurry up the game still takes forever for the defensive plays to come up

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Yeah this drives me nuts. Who came up with the idea to show clips from a game that haven't happened yet??? Amazing immersion...
    Yep. First game of the season, they could show some warm-ups, the players coming out, etc, similar to last year, just not as long. Then from week 2 on, you bring in highlights from the game(s) played in the weeks before. Show a couple highlights from the home team's previous games, show a couple highlights from the away team's previous games, and you're golden. You'll still get to see the star players in action in highlights, and it'll be true highlights, not some made up crap from a game you haven't even played yet.

I hope they are able to fix the delay in triggering custom stadium sounds. Prior to it starting for whatever event it was set for, it stutters and then it plays a second or two later.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
    So far my one big complaint about this game is the sound. Between plays there is absolutely no sound and overall the crowd noise is just atrocious. Other than that I am really loving this game.
    I did not encounter any problems with sound until I switched over to the disc, now it is almost mute about 50% of the time

Can't figure out how to play season

Mode without computer generated names. Exhibition mode I can not In season mode.

online the kicking meter sucks..the power starts sinking instead of staying at full after you've flicked the stick upward and the ball just dies

Quote Originally Posted by DVTiger View Post
    Mode without computer generated names. Exhibition mode I can not In season mode.
    Edit: I am a dumbass.

It is not very polite to spam the same question everywhere. You already created a thread for this.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 07-09-2013 at 04:57 PM.

I've really really enjoyed this game. The presentation is much better than last year's game. Especially in conference games the presentation is great. The only thing that could make it better next year is making Brad & Kirk's commentating more smooth and continuous. It's a little too choppy but overall with all of the additions it's great. I don't know why ppl are disliking the intros?? I enjoy them a lot. It adds something new that makes the game feel more like an actual broadcast. The gameplay is smooth and extremely enjoyable. For example my LBs feel like LBs. I can tell the difference between seperate positions on my defense. I haven't experienced this in past games. Many times I've jumped out of my seat after my LB has leveled my opponent. While DBs are not leveling my opponent unless their facing small RBs or WRs. I've bumped my penalty sliders up to 54 just to make them happen a little more often. The blocking is muuuuuuucccchhhhh better than in last year's game I love running the ball now. This is my favorite NCAA Football game yet. As in every game their is issues and improvements to be made. But this game is fun and is consistently fun. I give EA a big thumbs up!

Go to your recruiting menu and go over to Recruiting strategy. Their you can turn off CPU recruiting assistance. That will keep the CPU from adding unwanted recruits to your recruiting board.

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyJunkie View Post
    I don't know why ppl are disliking the intros?? I enjoy them a lot. It adds something new that makes the game feel more like an actual broadcast.
    Overall, yes, it is a nice breath of fresh air to the game intros and it's better than seeing the same team run out of the tunnel cutscene 12 times a season. The only thing I hate are the "highlights" shown during the intro. Highlights of a game I have yet to even play! There is just something about it that bugs me and annoys me, seeing my players celebrating a sack or seeing the opposing RB run in for a touchdown in "highlights" during the pregame of the actual game.

If they would draw the highlights from other sources, other games (past games, past seasons, etc), I'd be 100% happy and content with the new intros. It's just the highlights of the two teams, in a game that I have yet to even kickoff, that bugs me every time I start a new game.

They really need to tone down some of these win expectations.

Navy has an expectation of 10 wins by their head coach. Yeah... Navy has won 10 games in a season exactly twice since 1980, 2004 (10-2) and 2009 (10-4). Even 9 wins or better (the most recent 9 wins season coming back in 2010), they've only achieved 5 times since 1980.

They've got the target wins for Navy set way too high. A contract target goal of 8 wins per year is more in line with Navy produces as opposed to 10. You're almost guaranteed to get fired if you become HC at Navy just because 10 wins a year is gonna be damn difficult.

Makes me wonder what other targets they've set for some teams that are going to be almost impossible to meet.

Week six of recruiting and I am being destroyed. I have two players that I am good with and 11 players that have now locked me out. I used break lock on one of them but I'm still behind. Originally my goal was to keep Florida as a pipeline. Now my goal is to just get a couple of players. Recruiting is streamlined and 1000x better than anything this current gen IMO.

My recommendation for coach skills is to set it on slow (if you are planning 10+ seasons). I am using NORMAL and after five games I am now up to LEVEL 5 as an OC. It will take awhile to get to the next unlock but the xp adds up so quickly during games. Each game you will most likely get 200 xp as a minimum. Then, upsets, comeback wins, etc. all give huge boosts. Personally I think there needs to be a balance. Maybe we should lose xp for poor performances???

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Week six of recruiting and I am being destroyed. I have two players that I am good with and 11 players that have now locked me out. I used break lock on one of them but I'm still behind. Originally my goal was to keep Florida as a pipeline. Now my goal is to just get a couple of players. Recruiting is streamlined and 1000x better than anything this current gen IMO.
    Yeah, they might need to tone down recruiting difficulty a bit. I was getting bitchslapped by the CPU in recruiting while simming through a dynasty season last night. Even pumping the maximum points I was allowed into a player, I was still constantly losing ground to other teams. And this was for players rated in the low to mid 60s! The only players I was able to build a safe and guaranteed lead on were players rated between 55 to 62 OVR.

It really sucks they took the recruiting difficulty option out of the game this year, because that is badly needed.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, they might need to tone down recruiting difficulty a bit. I was getting bitchslapped by the CPU in recruiting while simming through a dynasty season last night. Even pumping the maximum points I was allowed into a player, I was still constantly losing ground to other teams. And this was for players rated in the low to mid 60s! The only players I was able to build a safe and guaranteed lead on were players rated between 55 to 62 OVR.

It really sucks they took the recruiting difficulty option out of the game this year, because that is badly needed.

I agree.... The recruiting is a little too difficult. They might need to tone it down in the patch. Or add recruiting difficulty

Although I have yet to try recruiting, I believe you can upgrade your coaches recruiting abilities (RPG like) to allow for greater recruit success.

Pretty much your only real option for "decent" success recruiting for the first couple years is to go after no more than 10-12 players at a time. Being able to max out 10 players at 500pts a week helps out a lot.