View Poll Results: How would you rate NCAA 14?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Best

36 34.95%

45 43.69%

17 16.50%

3 2.91%
  • 1 - Worst

2 1.94%
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 - General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'm of the belief it does. In the past, I've kicked a 52 yard field goal, never lowered the arrow, and missed by about 5 yards short of the goal post. Another field goal from 52 yards, I lowered the arrow as far as I could, nailed it with 5-7 yards to spare. No wind on either kick, so that didn't help or hinder the kicks. Only thing that changed was me lowering the arrow before the kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    On longer kicks does lowering the accuracy arrow get you more distance? It definitely seems like it to me. I think Madden removed that this year.
    Yes I agree with Smooth and Snoop. It does make a difference as the trajectory is lower. I think you get at least 3-7 yards more.

PS Great to see you back in the NCAA flock Rudy!

It's nice to be back! We are heading to Disney on Friday so I'll have to start a dynasty on my return.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I'm of the belief it does. In the past, I've kicked a 52 yard field goal, never lowered the arrow, and missed by about 5 yards short of the goal post. Another field goal from 52 yards, I lowered the arrow as far as I could, nailed it with 5-7 yards to spare. No wind on either kick, so that didn't help or hinder the kicks. Only thing that changed was me lowering the arrow before the kick.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Yes I agree with Smooth and Snoop. It does make a difference as the trajectory is lower. I think you get at least 3-7 yards more.

PS Great to see you back in the NCAA flock Rudy!

When recruiting field goal kickers always just go for power, if you find one with a 95+ power 58-60 yard fields goals will be commong if you just lower the arrow all the way down with full power.

Accuracy only comes into play if you are being iced and honestly if you kick enough field goals against the computer he will get the little boost that happens during the year.

So what sort of rating should Jameis Winston have?

So I know it has been mentioned before but does anyone know how to stop the WR from shaving that little half second stop after the catches the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Noleacious View Post
    So what sort of rating should Jameis Winston have?
    It should probably be higher lol. He wasn't in the top 3 when I used them last but he was still awful good.

Hey Rudy since you are starting a dynasty here are some good sliders to use http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lider-set.html

Those look tough. But they are on the settings I'm using: Heisman offence and AA defence. I will keep them in mind.

I decided to be Miss St. in the SEC for my dynasty. I like the Studio Updates and ticker while playing a dynasty game. It's how I found out Buffalo upset Ohio St in week 1. Also, the ticker scrolling across the bottom actually flashes a score update while you play. I like that as it does immerse you into your fictional college football world. The one thing the game does badly though are injuries. I don't see any injury cut scenes and you just don't find out until an injury screen pops up later that someone got hurt. Where did the sideline reporting go?

I do think NCAA football does a much better job with the DL than Madden in the run game. There is more dynamic play - guys can break off a block once in awhile for a tackle for loss while in Madden inside runs were consistently positive yards. Even with sliders completely maxed out for the cpu on All-Madden you just never saw a DT break free and tackle a RB in the backfield. This leads to RB vision mattering a lot more in NCAA imo. I do think the pass rush moves have much less control in NCAA though. That would have been nice to get patched. Oh well.

The spread offenses are so much better to play against now. Auburn just beat me 24-17 although they missed 2 FGs. They ran all over me. I was running my base 3-4 against their 3 WR spread and still struggled. Tre Mason had just over 200 yards against me (28-204), their QB had over 150 (24-152, no sacks). They had 24 first downs (8 min quarters) and 469 yards of offense. 53 carries for 369 yards and 2 TDs. Ugh. I was leading 14-10 at the half too. My WR dropped a wide open ball in the end zone early in the 4th quarter and I threw a pick with 2:05 left that ended my last drive. Real fun game though. Auburn's offense was fun and tough to play against.

Right now I'm only playing an offline dynasty as Arkansas but I am still really enjoying the game. I tweak sliders in the offseason and give them a full year to play out. After back to back undefeated seasons in years 2 & 3 with only two or three games in doubt, I lost 18 or so starters and made slightly more dramatic slider tweaks for year 4. Great results. I got blown out by Florida in the SECCG, lost at home to Bama by a TD when I got stopped at the 1 on 4th&G on the last play of the game, lost at home to OU in 5 OTs, and had 2 or 3 other games that I won but were in doubt in the 4th quarter.

I'm not sure what mattered more, losing all those starters or the slider tweaks. Either way, it was a fun season. My squad is only slightly more talented for season 5, so we'll see.

Do you guys find it cheeze if I set my option defense to key on the QB? I just contained Manziel pretty good by using it all game long. I felt a bit dirty. Their RB still rushed for over 100 yards (5.4 ypc) against me but I just wanted your opinion on it. I was down 21-10 in the 4th and came back to win 25-21 to upset the #10 Aggies.

The one thing I wish the game would do with scrambling QBs is actually have them scramble AND throw. Once they make that decision to tuck and run it's all run and no pass. Those are some of the biggest plays Manziel does in real life and yet you don't see that in the game. I'd like to see more pass defensed animations from EA in the future. It seems most deflections are dropped picks.

Do you guys find it cheeze if I set my option defense to key on the QB? I just contained Manziel pretty good by using it all game long. I felt a bit dirty.
    You could always not utilize something in the game to help you stop one the best players in the game, take an ass kicking but feel better about yourself.

Last edited by bdoughty; 11-11-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Do you guys find it cheeze if I set my option defense to key on the QB? I just contained Manziel pretty good by using it all game long. I felt a bit dirty. Their RB still rushed for over 100 yards (5.4 ypc) against me but I just wanted your opinion on it. I was down 21-10 in the 4th and came back to win 25-21 to upset the #10 Aggies.

The one thing I wish the game would do with scrambling QBs is actually have them scramble AND throw. Once they make that decision to tuck and run it's all run and no pass. Those are some of the biggest plays Manziel does in real life and yet you don't see that in the game. I'd like to see more pass defensed animations from EA in the future. It seems most deflections are dropped picks.

Good luck with that wait!

Do you guys find it cheeze if I set my option defense to key on the QB?
    I think it's no more cheesy than people who run man press all day. It does eliminate the keep with the QB but, like the man press beater patterns, there are option aggressiveness beaters in the game as well. So against the CPU I would say it may be since the CPU doesn't seem to adjust to it. Against another user, no.

As far as the scrambling and passing I don't see it very often in the game. I've seen pocket presence like a mofo though. Try adjusting your intentional grounding slider.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 11-11-2013 at 01:08 PM.

The defense reacts better to RBs running the ball than they do QBs so I do the exact same thing. I don't find it cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    You could always not utilize something in the game to help you stop one the best players in the game, take an ass kicking but feel better about yourself.

I know. I will do that if I find it gets too easy to stop the cpu and/or I'll boost the cpu run block to compensate for this strategy. I'm just not sure yet if this is too effective or not as I haven't messed around with this very much.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    The defense reacts better to RBs running the ball than they do QBs so I do the exact same thing. I don't find it cheese.
    I agree that the defense reacts more to the RB than QB. If they key on the QB there are still a couple defenders that will surround a RB even if he gets a decent game. But when the defense keys on the RB the QB usually has a ton of open running room unless you blitzed off the corner or brought a safety up into the box. I find the cpu defense will do this OK against me. It's more feast or famine with the QB although I find you feast a little too much.

I would say no. All you are doing is forcing the CPU to make adjustments. It's not like that completely shuts down the play, It just makes it to where the game has one read to make. Now adjusting things like the blocking, rushing and catching and other various gameplan feature I would say yes that is cheese. For the simple fact that you can tell a player to always go for a big hit, that does not mean he will everytime if the easy tackle is available. You can tell your defensive line to watch the QB because he is a run threat. They can do that every time It's not snap decision involved like running,tackling and catching.... LOL if that makes sense.

As far as pass defensive goes It can be touch up. I was hoping we would get another patch before the years out but as the days grow long, The chances grow slimmer and slimmer

I do think the inside running game is a bit over-powered compared to the outside running game. It's not Madden bad where inside ISOs are practically money plays but it's noticeable to me.

I see Promises under recruiting but I never knew I could do that. Is that something you unlock as you get to be a better coach?