View Poll Results: How would you rate NCAA 14?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Best

36 34.95%

45 43.69%

17 16.50%

3 2.91%
  • 1 - Worst

2 1.94%
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 - General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    After four seasons and my slider set, the cpu offense is pretty crappy again... I am back to #1 D status with my C+ RATED UNLV D...

Here are some of my concerns & observations thus far.

1. Progression is way too quick... each player goes up on avg 5/6 points per offseason
    2. penalty sliders are a mix between useless and hopeless
    3. zone coverage for the cpu is awful
    4. there are pretty much no fumbles in this game
    5. After four seasons I have now had three injuries lasting more than one game!!!! (please read this again...
    6. cpu play logic is very poor and the cpu goes for it on fourth down far too often.
    7. wrong commentary at the wrong time far too frequently
    8. 3rd OT glitch
    9. Int in the end zone becomes a TD glitch
    10 frame rate glitch after checking out the instant replay
    11. freezing issue after changing audibles (outside of the game)
    12. incorrect gray facemasks for 100+ helmets (ps3)
    13. matchup stick not properly working by the 2nd quarter
    14. huge issues with supersim (re: stats)
    15. very laggy when advancing to the next week
    16. still a lot to be desired with infinity 2.0 ( but overall it is a nice improvement)
    17. strong arm is way, way, way overpowered
    18. LE / LOLB still get the most sacks versus RE / ROLB
    19. pregame O and D listings (eg 4-3) for cpu teams are not accurate as they are tied to the coordinator, not the head coach
    * eg it say 4-3 but the D is actually 4-2-5 in game because that's what the head coach runs
    20. progression of coaches regarding xp is too fast on normal (if I were to restart I would use slow)
    21. pre-game show with highlight of the game about to be played... seriously???
    22. one month later... no tuners and no patches and no updates........................................... ..............

I must admit though that I absolutely love the half-time show and I do really enjoy the xp coach skills aspect to the game. Recruiting is also significantly better (and shorter) which is a great thing. Regardless of the list above I am enjoying a lot about this game. I give it a solid 7/10. It's not great and it is nowhere near close to the best NCAA but it is pretty good value. I have easily got my monies worth thus far. I will say though that this game really has become stagnant this generation and will really need a big change-up on ps4.

I have a tiny suspicion that when they took out the the go for the int or block the pass game-planning it also screwed with defensive coverage.

its just freaking annoying how 3 players are right there and no one makes a fricking play on the ball, ..no jumping , no hands raised..nothing..and it probably wouldn't matter anyway because the pass will be completed no matter what is what it looks like most of the time
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 08-16-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Still no patch nor word of a patch from the devs. Very strange indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Meh See NCAA Basketball 10.

IMHO EA is done with this game/series unless they get a favorable SCOTUS ruling.

I hope it is not a NCAA Basketball 10. The crappy thing is they were starting to make a descent college basketball game and the presentation was top notch, only to have it all spoiled by that damn freezing issue.

As of late July, there were tweets from devs in response to community questions basically stating/implying they were working on another update.

There was a day one update, but EA never put out notes on it.

If they waited a few weeks after launch to gather community issues then develop and go through certification, it would take some time to be released.

I think they have all jumped ship, and are getting ready for next gen. I bet Madden 25 current gen will be the same way. Once it's released it will be all hands on deck for Madden 25 next gen.

damn ea servers on ps3 down right now

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    As of late July, there were tweets from devs in response to community questions basically stating/implying they were working on another update.

There was a day one update, but EA never put out notes on it.

If they waited a few weeks after launch to gather community issues then develop and go through certification, it would take some time to be released.
    They probably will have another patch but it's just so strange as to how quiet they are this year. Why has EA/Tiburon not mentioned a word this year? It seems like a strange strategy. This is pretty much identical to how NCAA Basketball 10 went down. Do you know why the NCAA team has been so hush, hush this year? Marketing and communication have been somewhat non-existent this year .

They probably will have another patch but it's just so strange as to how quiet they are this year. Why has EA/Tiburon not mentioned a word this year? It seems like a strange strategy. This is pretty much identical to how NCAA Basketball 10 went down. Do you know why the NCAA team has been so hush, hush this year? Marketing and communication have been somewhat non-existent this year .
    everyone said the same thing last year...its not taking any longer then last year I don't think. And they are doing the same thing as last year as far as I can tell. Yet still, this years game sucks, especially for head to head. A patch or update or what ever is going to correct what it took a year to make sub par in the first place ? adjustments was the most videogamey, childish aspect of this game but it looks like a lot was connected to it as how AI reacts to stuff. And or other stuff is just plain bad.

in ultimate team last night I had 4 deep zones in what ever the term is for opposite of aggressive. And this jerk was still able to throw over the top of the Defense to randy Moss every time with hardly needing to try because you defense is always made to be slow and behind the play.

...for the record, I still won because he kept trying to go for 2 and onside kicking but the game was just freaking annoying and frustrating and stupid.
    He got like over 200 yards in 5 throws and it took me like 16 lol. Thank God his defense was so bad

that's the way this years game is...in my last 15 games in ultimate team h2h i'm 13-2 but it never feels like you are winning or going to win any of the games. You just watch your defense fall down every where like someone is getting paid to throw the game .

ballhawk doesn't work and general AI defense is dropping way more picks then it should in video game world in my opinion.

start at 10:28

I've been playing the Madden demo so much that I haven't played NCAA in over a week. Lack of a patch to deal with all the issues and generally stale dynasty experience has given me no reason to play right now.

LMFAO at the video Ram posted! Is that even possible?!?!

Wow Ram!!!!!! I can't stop laughing!!! What was that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarhead10 View Post
    Wow Ram!!!!!! I can't stop laughing!!! What was that!!
    just go on youtube and look for the guys channel.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    start at 10:28

So the DB intercepted the pass off the goal post and the clock kept running despite the dead ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Noleacious View Post
    So the DB intercepted the pass off the goal post and the clock kept running despite the dead ball?
    apparently so

so..basically...no matter what defense you call...fake extra points are easy too...dude did it every fucking time and got it every fucking time...i'm sure theres ways to stop it bla bla bla but if i'm in a defense expecting to see it, it shouldnt be that fucking easy every fucking time. This game this year is a giant fucking exploit online

Then why play online if it just a cheese fest ? Fuck it . Stay away from online. It will always be crap.