View Poll Results: How would you rate NCAA 14?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Best

36 34.95%

45 43.69%

17 16.50%

3 2.91%
  • 1 - Worst

2 1.94%
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 - General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Football 14 - General Discussion

Post your NCAA Football 14 impressions, thoughts, and general happenings here!

I posted this in the Retail Release thread, but I'll go ahead and post it here too.

I don't know about the other penalties (other than facemask at 57 is drawing a lot of love from the refs), but KR/PR Interference penalties set to 100 definitely works.

I'm playing a test dynasty game as Utah State at Utah, and earlier I punted the ball and the Utah punt returner called fair catch. That didn't matter to one of my players as the returner caught the ball, only to be instantly leveled by my player, called for PR interference. I would probably be pissed, but my guy absolutely leveled the shit out of him, causing me to jump to my feet and let out a loud "HELL YEAH!" in celebration of the hit. It was a true slobber-knocker hit by my player.

Freshman
    Can't import my teambuilder team right now which is stinks to high heavens

NEver mind I am a dumas I figured it out
    Last edited by Quest4Gold; 07-08-2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: I am dumb LOL

If the Tiburon team can fix the gray facemasks and tighten up zone play I will be extremely happy with this game. However, I suspect that by tomorrow night people on the forums will be going insane...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    If the Tiburon team can tighten up zone play I will be extremely happy with this game.
    I wonder how many times this has been said on release day the past 4 or 5 years.

So a couple of my observations.

- Sound is still crappy. No dynamic crowd cheering. I was down by 3 in the 4th as time was running out i got a pick and was able to kick a field goal to tie and go to overtime in a neutral site game. crowd should of erupted!
    - Custom sounds have a delay when they come in and it is kinda distracting.
    - Wish you could make your own custom into video music..
    - The shorter intros suck in my opinion. they are always tailored to the home team and should be more neutral.

- I am still loving the gameplay tho.
    -the new recruiting is pretty hard. I dont know if it is because i started with GA State or what but I barley get peoples scraps.

Wow! Recruiting is tough. I thought all the people saying it was tough were not very good at the game. Turns out I need a new strategy. I am just getting lit up.

I have yet to experience recruiting. I'm gonna be delving into that in my test Utah State dynasty over the next day or two, see what's what. Definitely sounds like it's gonna be rough going.

I'm not sure why but in three dynasty games I have had ZERO studio updates. Is it because I am only an OC???

I'm not sure why but in three dynasty games I have had ZERO studio updates. Is it because I am only an OC???
    I believe this year, the studio updates are ONLY after extra points, so since you are an OC and you don't see that portion due to super-sim, you aren't seeing the updates

Also seems to be a lot of stupid small fixes that should have been taken care of. They still have the "view promises" slide under team management but you can not make promises to anyone...

Yeah RAM has even lost me with that one
    This is the best 2-3 weeks on the boards..its going to play out something like this....

Week 1....the I love this game guys
    Week 1.5..... the I hate this game guys and here is why
    Week 2....mors ( or is is smooth?) is going to explode on someone and pretty much not stop short of calling them a complete idiot which will bump up traffic in said thread for about four days.
    Week 3......the slider guys will come up with a decent set and the rosters will be out so the world will level back off again and my entertain will have diminished by then, so I have to wait another year to get my giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by KIDZER0918 View Post
    Also seems to be a lot of stupid small fixes that should have been taken care of. They still have the "view promises" slide under team management but you can not make promises to anyone...
    You can make promises in the offseason to convince a player to return (rather than transfer or go pro early).

? from the Early Release -- I couldn't find the ability to turn OFF the CPU filling up my board with recruits I had no interest in. Is there a way to turn that off still? If so, where is it?

Once you are in the recruiting part, its the recruiting strategy or something like that ( I am not in front of the game) top row( really the second row) about three icons over.

They will still add the fodder to your board during the offseason for national signing day which still sucks, just alot of people to cut.

There are two places to change your recruiting strategy. One is under recruiting the other is under team strategy, i believe.

My intros kept featuring players that were sitting out the year due to transfers...also for one of info tabs while loading I think it would be better if they had the impact players instead of top 3 player, 2 of my top 3 were qbs every week and one was sitting out the year

I am debating buying for PS3 or 360. Can someone let me know if the grass graphics in PS3 is still blurry and less detailed in comparison to 360? Last year it was.

Do we have a bugs thread yet? I was playing Ultimate Team. I was winning 7-3 in the third in the first game against Ark St. I kicked off to start the 3rd and within the first few plays, the CPU was calling it's TOs like it was really within last 2 min of the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
    I believe this year, the studio updates are ONLY after extra points, so since you are an OC and you don't see that portion due to super-sim, you aren't seeing the updates
    Yeah, that sort of sucks they did it that way. Now I'm very happy that I'm playing a head coach this year, since I'll still get to see the studio updates, but to move them after the PAT, when people playing as coordinators will never get to see them, is sort of stupid. You're making studio update unviewable to thousands of people.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Yeah RAM has even lost me with that one
    This is the best 2-3 weeks on the boards..its going to play out something like this....

Week 1....the I love this game guys
    Week 1.5..... the I hate this game guys and here is why
    Week 2....mors ( or is is smooth?) is going to explode on someone and pretty much not stop short of calling them a complete idiot which will bump up traffic in said thread for about four days.
    Week 3......the slider guys will come up with a decent set and the rosters will be out so the world will level back off again and my entertain will have diminished by then, so I have to wait another year to get my giggles.
    Only one or two people, maybe. They'd have to say something very. inducing for that to happen. Sadly, there are some here who will post something exactly like that.

Quote Originally Posted by KIDZER0918 View Post
    My intros kept featuring players that were sitting out the year due to transfers...also for one of info tabs while loading I think it would be better if they had the impact players instead of top 3 player, 2 of my top 3 were qbs every week and one was sitting out the year
    Yeah, I have to be honest, I'm just not a fan of the new intros. I HATE that they sit there showing "plays" from the freaking game I'm about to play in the intro. Either show some "highlights" from my previous games in the season, or show some "highlights" from the last time I play this time, even if the game just has to make it up, I don't care. But to be sitting there in the pregame, watching supposed plays from the game I'm about to kickoff be shown in the intro, is just stupid.

I was looking forward to the new intros, because I was one of those people who would just immediately skip the intro every game. I played 6 years as Tulsa's OC last season. When you've been playing 6 years as the same team, the same intro is going to get old and you're going to just skip right past it and get to the coin toss. But these new intros, while a change, are a poorer change.

Not at all a fan of them.