Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCAA 14 retail sliders... what works for you???

• Facebook
  • Display
    You'll put up easy passing numbers if you pay attention, but if you get lazy/sloppy, you'll throw plenty of picks.
    If you are running from under center, I'm not seeing ridiculous rushing numbers after 1 season. Very solid numbers, but certainly won't sustain drives down the field on the ground by any means. Rushing from shotgun might be a bit easier, but I saw the CPU adjust, but I don't run a read option/spread offense, so can't say.

As far as on defense, the CPU will go on offensive tears, but can be stopped. Their rushing game.....I haven't quite figured out.....they'll be gashing me, but I'll start stopping them, and they'll get away from it. However, play a team like O$U with Braxton Miller and they'll tear you up on the ground.....he went 19/22 against me as well.....such that forcing them to punt was cause for celebration. But at times, the CPU will run the ball with ease, so I'm hesitant to bump their sliders up too much, but would like to see them stick with the run a bit more instead of getting into the passing game so frequently. Haven't thought about it much on how to make that happen yet.

I've only played 1 game so far, but really enjoyed these sliders. I have 2 questions for you, Jaymo.
    1. What would you set the slider for KR/PR Interference?
    2. Is there a reason you chose the Coordinator Camera?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye1328 View Post
    I've only played 1 game so far, but really enjoyed these sliders. I have 2 questions for you, Jaymo.
    1. What would you set the slider for KR/PR Interference?
    2. Is there a reason you chose the Coordinator Camera?

1. I have the kr/pr penalty slider at 100 but I have not seen one penalty in this area. The only sliders that has some impact in this regard is clipping but if you put it too high you get too many penalties.
    2. coordinator cam isn't as nice to look at but I like it because it greatly helps me get the ball to my #1 and #2 recievers. Since I can see the field a lot easier I can better see all of my options available. As a result my #1 reciever now leads the team in receptions each year.

We've been testing these in Powerhouse and found that they give the best gameplay. They are charter's sliders based completely on player ratings from OS. We adjusted threshold to 23 from 50.

Difficulty: Heisman

Quarter Length: 8 minutes.

Speed: Normal

Threshold: 23

Game Play Sliders: User/CPU
    QB Accuracy: 5/5
    Pass Blocking: 45/40
    WR Catching: 30/40
    RB Ability: 60/80
    Run Blocking: 40/50
    Pass Coverage: 55/55
    Interception: 35/45
    Rush Defense: 35/50
    Tackling: 50/50

Special Teams
    FG Power: 45/40
    FG Accuracy: 5/35
    Punt Power: 20/45
    Punt Accuracy: 50/50
    Kickoff Power: 50/45

Penalties
    Offside: 50
    False Start: 50
    Holding: 50
    Face Mask: 55
    OPI: 50
    DPI: 50
    KR/PR Inter: 50
    Clipping: 55
    Int Grounding: 75
    RTP: 54
    RTK: 50

Had a fantastic game using my sliders.

UNLV (me) 21 vs Air Force 16

250 total offense 357
    27-69-2 rushing 40-228-1
    15-23-1 completions 10-15-1
    181 passing yards 129

These were Air Forces rushing stats by indivuals:

rb 1: 10 atts 56 yards 1 td
    fb 1: 8 atts 32 yards
    rb 2: 3 atts 31 yards
    rb 3: 2 atts 9 yards

The starting qb had 8 rushes for 101 yards. Had he not been hurt in the second quarter I probably lose this game as his backup only rushed 9 times for 17 yards.

This may have been the hardest I have worked for a win in a long, long time.

Stats from two games of me using the ratings sliders w/ 23 threshold.
    http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2045271693

Curious what observations you have those versus authentic's sliders. I started with charters original sliders and then went to authentics and have been pretty happy with them, but charter's ratings set is intriguing.

I played with charter's ratings set for a couple games. I don't see how they are ratings based since crappy-ass OLs are blowing my all 90s+-rated DL off the ball and somehow keeping my 90s+-rated LBs from getting to the RB. There is no in-between on the CPU running game.......you'll stop them for a 2 yard loss if a defender shoots a gap or it is a 10 yard run. I barely recall 2-7 yard runs. It is 8 yards, 9 yards, 10 yard, -2 yards, sack........

I do like the human offensive settings against the CPU however. The running game is pretty fun and the passing game isn't automatic and means you need to "warm" your QB up with short, easy throws......otherwise, with QBA at 5, the human QB will miss throws BADLY even on little short 5 yard routes.

I went back to authentics sliders and the passing game is very easy compared to charters set, but the running game wasn't as fun and diverse with broken tackles and animations.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    I played with charter's ratings set for a couple games. I don't see how they are ratings based since crappy-ass OLs are blowing my all 90s+-rated DL off the ball and somehow keeping my 90s+-rated LBs from getting to the RB. There is no in-between on the CPU running game.......you'll stop them for a 2 yard loss if a defender shoots a gap or it is a 10 yard run. I barely recall 2-7 yard runs. It is 8 yards, 9 yards, 10 yard, -2 yards, sack........
    Did you use the set I posted? I haven't had that problem. Even in user games there is a variety between the length of runs. What teams did you use when you played the game. Also every game plays differently and you can get a feel for different style of players. You might want to try out a couple more games.

Did you use the set I posted? I haven't had that problem. Even in user games there is a variety between the length of runs. What teams did you use when you played the game. Also every game plays differently and you can get a feel for different style of players. You might want to try out a couple more games.
    I tried charter's ratings slider set different ways during a dynasty:
    As he has them listed (threshold at 50)
    Threshold at 40 (setting I had from a previous slider set that I thought was pretty good)
    Threshold at 26, as I changed it to that based off memory from reading either this thread or OS thread where it was mentioned.

MY running was not the problem, there were plenty of different runs. It was the CPU's rushing that I'm bitching about. Other than that, I was rather enthused about how his slider set played for human OFF/CPU DEF.
    But I call BS that they are reflecting ratings when CPU OL rated in the high 70s and low 80s are consistently beating my DL, while my higher-rated OL (mid-80s up into low 90s, I believe.....would have to look tonight) are having their blocks slipped pretty quickly by low-to-mid 80s DL.

Yeah, kinda been playing NCAA since it was created, so I know about game flow and playing multiple games to get a feel for sliders........
    Hell, I used to create my own back when time permitted.

self-edit:
    I went back tonight and tried these sliders again, using the threshold at 23. Not sure if starting a fresh game got the settings right or what, but the game played differently and I saw much better OL/DL play to what the ratings hint who should be getting the upperhand. Didn't see the slow rush defense I mentioned earlier either. 1st game in the books and results looking good.
    Last edited by AustinWolv; 07-24-2013 at 10:40 PM.

He has updated his slider set to these:

Quarter Length: 8 minutes

Play Calling: Optional

Threshold: 50 or 25 (I use 23 for best results)

QB Accuracy: 5-10/5
    Pass Blocking: 45/40
    WR Catching: 35/40
    RB Ability: 60/80
    Run Blocking: 25/50
    Pass Coverage: 65/75
    Interception: 35/45
    Rush Defense: 35/50

Special Teams

Penalties

I'm very concerned that the sliders for play now will not mesh with dynasty and coach skills. I am turning UNLV into a power house far too quickly. At the beginning I could not stop a run or pass if my life depended on it but now with coach skills it seems as though the cpu is really struggling with running the ball against my base 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I'm very concerned that the sliders for play now will not mesh with dynasty and coach skills. I am turning UNLV into a power house far too quickly. At the beginning I could not stop a run or pass if my life depended on it but now with coach skills it seems as though the cpu is really struggling with running the ball against my base 4-3.
    Nature of the beast. I think that's why the OS rosters have the coaches boosted to more presumable levels. Nick Saban is a 54, and the rest scale down from there.

Charter has updated his sliders to these

Quarter Length: 8-10 minutes.

Threshold: 0

QB Accuracy: 5 or 10/5
    Pass Blocking: 40/40
    WR Catching: 35/40
    RB Ability: 55/75
    Run Blocking: 0/50
    Pass Coverage: 65/75
    Interception: 35/40
    Rush Defense: 45/65

Special Teams

Penalties

Stats from me using the updated slider set in my OD Championship game. Arizona vs Texas (CPU).
    http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=956

Escobar,
    Question, have you tried these sliders with lesser teams? My buddy and I are having a real hard time finding some good sliders. We are in year 2 of our OD, took over Washington St. and I took over Tulsa.

The problem we have is our QBs throw way too many Ints. It's not so much we make bad reads, our feet are set, and they just airmail passes. This is annoying but we figure they aren't Joe Montana so....the PROBLEM we have it the CPU QBs with the same 5 QB accuracy will throw insane stats, 35-38 400+ yards 5+ TDs and 0 INTS.

I even tried putting the CPU QB acc on 0. I played my week 6 game vs Marshall, the CPU QB went 35-39 for 420 yards, 4 TDs and 0 INTS. I can't seem to understand how the CPU QB is so extremely accurate even on a 0 setting.

I'm beginning to think the sliders have nothing to do with it. I think it more on the difficulty setting.

I tried putting Tulsa (me) vs Marshal (CPU) on all Heisman difficulty. I used 5 for the QB Accuracy for the human and CPU. I threw 5 INTs and went 9/35. The CPU QB was 35-39 389 yards 4 TDs and 0 INTS.

I then replayed the game with everything still on Heisman, this time Human QB accuracy on 100 and CPU QB accuracy on 0, again, I couldn't complete a pass and threw multiple INTS. The CPU was again 32-35 405 yards passing with 5 TDs and 0 INTS.

I tried it again with everything set on 50, every slider including penalties was set to 50. I put it on Varsity for every difficulty level and my QB was 21-23 for 398 yards 5 TDs 0 Ints, my backup was 3-5 for 38 yards 1 INT. The CPU QB was 17-26 155 yards 2 TDs and 0 INTS.

It's just amazing how the CPU QB is like a different animal on varsity qb accuracy 50 vs Heisman QB accu 0.

I also noticed with every penalty set to 50 I actually had off-sides and false starts called. When they were on 54-58 I never saw it called.

So here is my problem. I hope playing on AA will fix it somewhat...I don't like how on Heisman I can't complete a pass and more importantly the CPU QB is in the best ZONE ever seen. Then I put it on Varsity and it's not even a game. I was winning 35-0 at the half. There needs to be more of a middle ground between can't do a thing and it's too easy.

Yea, we are using them in SBCOL. I also have been running different offline dynasties testing them throughout the process. It's all about matchups. It seems like if you have to bad teams playing against each other it evens out like if two good teams were playing each other. I haven't really had problems throwing alot of pics. The updated sliders toned the pics down some. Once you learn how to put touch and throw lob balls you will complete alot more passes. If you try to bullet every pass you will throw off target alot and throw more int's. Also it helps to throw to your best receivers, I noticed for me and the CPU that the passes were more accurate when throwing to better receivers.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Yea, we are using them in SBCOL. I also have been running different offline dynasties testing them throughout the process. It's all about matchups. It seems like if you have to bad teams playing against each other it evens out like if two good teams were playing each other. I haven't really had problems throwing alot of pics. The updated sliders toned the pics down some. Once you learn how to put touch and throw lob balls you will complete alot more passes. If you try to bullet every pass you will throw off target alot and throw more int's. Also it helps to throw to your best receivers, I noticed for me and the CPU that the passes were more accurate when throwing to better receivers.
    We are using in our dyn and i love them, yes you have to know how to lob passes or you will throw ALOT of INTs. But the sliders are right on point in my opinion.

I've been running Heisman offense and AA defense. My passing skills are terrible. I think I get worse every year. I've got pass coverage at 0 lol.