Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCAA 14 retail sliders... what works for you???

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Definitely liking where your sliders are at Jaymo.

I just played a play now game of Utah State (CPU) at Utah State (Me).

I sweated out a 33-25 win, my defense making a stand with first and goal from our 8 yard line. Held our ground and forced a turnover on downs at our 9 yard line after an incomplete pass on fourth down with 43 seconds left in the game. The stats ended up very even.

Rushing, my starting HB ended with 159 yards on 28 carries for a 5.6 average (a long rush of 52 on a beautiful TD rush). The second string HB ended with 92 yards on 15 carries for a 6.1 average (long of 38). And my QB ended with 6 yards on 3 carries from a 2.0 average (long of 12).

For the CPU team, starting HB edned with 164 yards on 21 carries for a 7.8 average (long of 28). QB ended with 55 yards on 10 carries for a 5.5 average (long of 13). The second string HB ended with 25 yards on 6 carries for a 4.1 average (long of 18). The third string HB ended with 14 yards on 4 carries for a 3.5 average (long of 14). And the backup QB ended with 13 yards on 2 carries for a 6.5 average (long of 9).

Game Stats

Utah State (CPU) Stat Utah State (Me)
    25 Score 33
    23 First Downs 24
    454 Total Offense 510
    43 - 271 - 1 Rushes - Yards - TD 46 - 257 - 3
    15 - 27 - 2 Comp - Att - TD 17 - 31 - 1
    183 Passing Yards 253
    1 Times Sacked 1
    7 - 14 (50%) 3rd Down Conversion 8 - 14 (57%)
    0 - 1 (0%) 4th Down Conversion 0 - 0 (0%)
    1 - 1 (100%) 2-Point Conv 0 - 0 (0%)
    5 - 2 - 1 (60%) Red Zone - TD - FG 5 - 3 - 1 (80%)
    3 Turnovers 3
    1 Fumbles Lost 0
    2 Intercepted 3
    21 Punt Return Yards 13
    100 Kick Return Yards 118
    575 Total Yards 641
    3 – 37.3 Punts - Average 2 – 32.0
    2 - 20 Penalties 1 - 7
    16:15 Time of Possession 19:45
    That looks pretty good Smooth! The only real issues... penalties, or lack thereof. Penalties don't seem to do too much this year IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    That looks pretty good Smooth! The only real issues... penalties, or lack thereof. Penalties don't seem to do too much this year IMO.
    Yep, I was really happy with the way the game played out and the way the stats turned out. Definitely gotta work on penalty sliders. Of the three penalties, two were facemask (one on each of us) and CPU Utah State had a false start. I may have to give a couple penalty sliders a small bump, see if that helps.

I might also give punt power for both CPU and Human a bump. 37.3 and 32.0 averages is a little low for my taste. The average punter last season, middle of the pack out of 118 statistically recorded punters last season, averaged 41.8 yards/punt. 93 punters out of 118 averaged 40.0 yards/punt or better, and Utah State's punter, specifically, averaged 41.9 yards/punt, tied for 53rd nationally. So I may boost both CPU and Human up to 60 each for Punt Power, get them up around 40-42 yards/punt.

And that was playing on 9 minute quarters. I might ultimately drop down to 8 minute quarters for my dynasty. Being on the field full time, I'm able to instantly jump right into and out of plays, both on offense and defense, without much time coming off the clock, so the games are actually taking a bit longer since the clock isn't getting chewed up as much. So the drop to 8 minute quarters, cutting 4 minutes total off of the entire game, should help to offset the slower clock.

I do feel good about these sliders though and think I'm gonna fire up my dynasty with them as they are now, making any changes that end up needing to be made as I go. To be honest, I'm sort of itching to fire up my first week of my Utah State dynasty and jump right back into the action. Just sitting here playing random games and not having them ultimately count towards anything with regards to my coaching carousel dynasty is sort of bugging me.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html

Going to try these sliders out in a few. Reading through the thread they look pretty accurate as they match up with stats from last years games between two teams. When they tested Nebraska vs Wisconsin they got similar numbers to what happened int he BIG Ten championship game. He makes a valid point that this is college football and we shouldn't expect to get low offensive numbers like an NFL game. Especially since the majority of the offensive players are rated well above the defensive players.
    I've only played one game with these so far, but I'm having a LOT of fun in this game so far. Going to play a much better team to see if they beat me up as they *should*.

Alright, I'm gonna do one more test here in a little bit, probably in an hour or so. I'm gonna play as Utah State at Alabama, go vs the best team in the game. If I get my ass absolutely handed to me, I'll know I'm good to go with jaymo's sliders and I can officially fire up my first season at Utah State in dynasty.

oops... I forgot to post y auto-subs. I find these work pretty well.

Auto-sub out / in
    qb 45 / 55
    rb 84 / 85
    wr 84 / 85
    fb/te 84 / 85
    ol 74 / 75

dt 79 / 80
    de 79 / 80
    lb 75 / 80
    cb 75 / 80
    s 75 / 80

I prefer to see a fair number of subs and this wrks pretty well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    I've only played one game with these so far, but I'm having a LOT of fun in this game so far. Going to play a much better team to see if they beat me up as they *should*.
    Ok, played 2 games with these and had a lot of fun with both. Didn't see outrageous stuff like on default Heisman, gameplay seemed very balanced and believable.

First game was against weaker opponent:
    Mich (me) 35 MINN 19
    first downs 20/12
    total off 432/265
    rush 41-162-4/28-110-1
    pass 15-24-1/13-23-1
    pass yards 270/155
    3rd down 6-12/3-10
    turnovers 4/2
    TOP 18:58/13:01

UM stat leaders
    24 rush, 109y, 3td
    11 rush, 68y, 1td
    rec
    7 rec, 98y, 1td

MINN stat leaders
    12 rush, 58y
    11 rush, 39y, 1td
    4 rec, 75y, 1td

2nd game was against a higher-rated team:
    MICH (me) 24 O$U 7
    first downs 20/14
    Total off 342/270
    rushing 39-135-2td/18-41-0
    pass 16-27-1td/23-32-1td
    pass yds 207/229
    3rd down 6-12/2-9
    turnovers 2/1
    TOP 21:58/10:02

UM stat leaders
    25 rush, 83yds, 1td
    6 rush, 28yds, 1td
    rec
    5 rec, 101yd, 1td
    4 rec, 45yds

O$U stat leaders
    11 rush, 56yds
    rec
    6 rec, 37yds
    5rec, 60yds
    5rec, 59yds

The CPU went away from rushing the ball in the O$U game. Not sure why as they were gashing me out of shotgun read options for the most part. I worked to hold onto the ball and played the CPU QB aggressive gameplanning........CPU started passing almost exclusively once I stuffed a couple runs after they had gashed me for a series or two. CPU was racking up yards in the first half, but couldn't put points on the board. I'd get a key sack or they'd miss a pass and their drive would stall. O$U was very tough to run on for 3/4 of the game and then it appeared my insistence on working the running game paid off as my RBs started picking up bigger chunks of yards later in the game, but O$U was full-on containing my ground game for the entire 1st half.

There was a human pass rush which was cool to see.

I'm going to stick with these sliders for now.
    Last edited by AustinWolv; 07-11-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Just got shredded using jaymo's sliders. Alabama (CPU) 59, Utah State (Me) 7. They outgained me in total offense 460-110. Of course, me throwing 6 interceptions didn't help matters. Regardless, I got my ass whooped big time by the best team in the nation, an overwhelmingly superior team, so I'm happy. There are probably some minor things here and there I'll need to change or fix, but I'm happy enough to at least starting my dynasty. The first season may ultimately end up being a test season of sorts while I gradually pinpoint the exact slider settings I'm completely content with, but they're in a very close enough spot right now where I see no reason to delay my dynasty any further.

Heisman
    Heisman
    Qtr 7-8mins
    Game speed normal
    Threshold 40

QBA 20/20
    pass block 50/25
    WRC 40/40
    RBA 50/50
    Run block 55/40
    Pass cov 75/55
    INT 50/40
    Rush D 50/45
    Tackle 60/50
    FGP 45/40
    FGA 45/40
    both punt 50/50
    KO 40/40
    I've been using your set man and I like them so far. Only difference is I changed running ability and run blocking to 50 for User and CPU. But these are playing out pretty realistically on 8 minute quarters. I'll post the results to my first three dynasty games.

Game 1: Nebraska 31, Wyoming 3

Didn't record the stats to this one but it was something like I had 450 yards and they had 380 or so. It was a pretty defensive game, they held me scoreless from the beginning of the second until late in the third (my second to last TD).

Game 2: Nebraska 66, Southern Miss 34

Nebraska offense
    50 runs 396 yds 7 TD
    13-13 passes 171 yds 1 TD
    24 first downs
    0 turnovers
    20:30 T.O.P.

Southern Miss offense
    36-58 passes 576 yds 4 TD
    13 runs 8 yds 1 TD
    23 first downs
    2 turnovers
    11:30 T.O.P.

Pretty realistic game, USM runs the air raid and should be able to score at will this year. The torched me all day once they got going.

Game 3: Nebraska 55, UCLA 52

Nebraska offense
    43 runs 416 yds 4 TD
    15-24 passes 229 yds 3 TD
    29 first downs
    2 turnovers
    16:47 T.O.P.

UCLA offense
    40 runs 227 yds 6 TD
    24-30 passes 364 yds 1 TD
    Didn't record their first downs but it was something like 23
    2 turnovers
    15:13 T.O.P.

That game was a battle of the offenses once I came back. I was down 31-13 with under a minute to go in the first half and scored before halftime to make it 31-20. I then took a 34-31 lead in the third and we went back and forth the rest of the game. A defensive stop on third down with about 2 minutes to go gave me the win as I chewed the clock after that. Great game.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Just got shredded using jaymo's sliders. Alabama (CPU) 59, Utah State (Me) 7. They outgained me in total offense 460-110. Of course, me throwing 6 interceptions didn't help matters. Regardless, I got my ass whooped big time by the best team in the nation, an overwhelmingly superior team, so I'm happy. There are probably some minor things here and there I'll need to change or fix, but I'm happy enough to at least starting my dynasty. The first season may ultimately end up being a test season of sorts while I gradually pinpoint the exact slider settings I'm completely content with, but they're in a very close enough spot right now where I see no reason to delay my dynasty any further.
    Glad I could help Smooth. As I say sliders are very personal and what I like often others do not. However I have been LOVING how the game plays with my set. I still need to fix the penalty sliders but other than that I am very happy.

I remember watching a youtube video either last year or the year before where it went on to explain/claim that the sliders need to equal out? I.E. if User QB is set to 40, then the CPU needs to be 60 so they equal 100, then on down the line, so things like 30/70, 50/50, 35/65, etc etc....is there anything to this?

Playmakers almost always does EXCELLENT work with sliders. I'll definitely give these a try:

GAMEPLAY-(Offense-Varsity/Defense-Varsity) HFA-Off For Human Player Only (No Switch Rule on Defense renders best results pick a defender & stick with him while your AI mates handle their own business)
    PENALTIES-ALL PENALTIES MAXED ACCEPT: Holding-60, Facemask-60, Off PI-50, Clipping-56, Intentional Grounding-50, Roughing Passer-50
    Game Speed-Slow
    Threshold-40
    9 Minutes QTR's

OFFENSE-(Human/CPU)
    QBA-5/5
    PASS BLK-5/45
    WR CATCH-40/50
    RBA-5/70...............................(If U need to increase CPU Running Game boost this slider up to RBA 95)
    Run Block-5/30

DEFENSE-(Human/CPU)
    Pass Coverage-30/30
    Int-70/70
    Run Defense-5/70..................(If U need to increase CPU Run Defense boost this slider up to 95)
    Tkl-5/30...............................(This will smooth out the Running game an you'll see some terrific looking interaction plays with the ball carriers on both sides plus there's less arcade hits)

SPECIAL TEAMS
    FG POWER-20/45
    FGA-30/30
    PUNT POWER-20/30
    PUNT ACC-45/70
    KICK OFF POWER-20/45

AUTO SUBS

OFFENSE
    QB OUT-65
    QB IN-70
    RB OUT-85
    RB IN-90
    WR OUT-65
    WR IN-70
    FB/TE OUT-65
    FB/TE IN-70
    OL OUT-20
    OL IN-25

DEFENSE
    DT OUT-85
    DT IN-90
    DE OUT-85
    DE IN-90
    LB OUT-65
    LB IN-70
    CB OUT-65
    CB IN-70
    S OUT-65
    S IN-70

http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/...-Level-Sliders

I decided to switch to your sliders jaymo, I finally landed a head coaching job at and my first game vs was not quite the game of the week. But did pull out a win 45-28.

Used authentic's sliders last night for a dynasty game. Wow. Pulled out a 31-28 win against ND with my Michigan dynasty. Literally kicked the gamewinner with 0:01 on the clock, as I got the ball with about 2mins to go and ran the clock down. Had to WORK for that win, and it didn't feel cheap overall. Was down 14-0 early, but tied it up, only to give up a broken coverage TD because I screwed up manually. A key KO return tied it up, but they scored again. Had a nice drive to tie it up and then forced them to punt to get the ball back for that game-winning FG.
    Stats looked very nice, although I'd say there was a bit too much separation from DBs and receivers, so I may move threshold up from what they originally had. Also, I think human QBA will need to be at 10 because some easy-ass throws were waaaaaaaaay off.

Beta Sliders V1.0

Offensive/Defensive Skill: Heisman (in the end, Heisman provides the most balanced mix of realism and competition - however, I've been working on a hybrid set so stay tuned on that.)
    Quarters: 9 min
    Game Speed: Normal (couldn't really decide on this between Normal and Slow - will be open to what y'all think)
    Threshold: 39

Offsides/False Start: 99
    Holding/Facemask: 59
    OPI/DPI: 50 (unsure on what to do with this - may do 0)
    KR/PR Interference: 0
    Clipping: 54
    Intentional Grounding: 51
    Roughing The Passer: 51
    Roughing The Kicker: 1

QBA: 5/5
    PBL: 55/45
    WRC: 30/35
    RBA: 45/45
    RBL: 40/35
    PCV: 30/30
    INT: 40/40 (may lower - still a tad high)
    RDF: 50/55
    TAK: 40/45
    FGP: 35/35
    FGA: 40/40
    PP: 35/35
    PA: 65/65
    KOP: 30/30

Could someone give me some advice on the human QBA set to 0 or 5? I'm all for in-completions and maybe it's b/c I'm using PLAY NOW and not in an actual dynasty...but Johnny football can't hit water if he feel out of a boat. Simple short passes 5 yards to the TE over the middle he will air mail 30 yards down field. I'm not moving the QB at all, I let him auto drop back, then have tried firing the ball in there, lobbing, and everything inbetween. Is it only b/c I'm using these on PLAY NOW?

I know Johnny football is no Peyton Manning, but 2/13 is not realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    Could someone give me some advice on the human QBA set to 0 or 5? I'm all for in-completions and maybe it's b/c I'm using PLAY NOW and not in an actual dynasty...but Johnny football can't hit water if he feel out of a boat. Simple short passes 5 yards to the TE over the middle he will air mail 30 yards down field. I'm not moving the QB at all, I let him auto drop back, then have tried firing the ball in there, lobbing, and everything inbetween. Is it only b/c I'm using these on PLAY NOW?

I know Johnny football is no Peyton Manning, but 2/13 is not realistic.
    Set it to 10. 0 is like throwing rocks into a pond, waaaaay off. 5 is like that too often for my taste as well. Some people complain about completion% being too high on 10, but I can't validate that yet. All I know is that 5 is too low, as simple passes are 10 yards off where they should be way too often although other passes are indeed accurate.

I tried a few mentioned here, they had QBA ratings of 5, I tried to play with them but couldn't complete more than 1 or 2 passes every other series.

I tried Jaymo's AA posted here http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...l=1#post208884 and had a great game.

I don't know how to make all those fancy tables so I took pictures of the game/player stats.

Utep (CPU) vs Texas Tech (Me)

I thought it was a good game, had me yelling at the TV, when I'd stop the CPU on 3rd and force a punt, I'd get pumped. I threw 2 ints, bad throws on my part, tried to force them in there, the 3rd was a wild diving backwards LB that made my jaw drop, can't do much about that one.

Once I took the lead I ran the ball more to chew clock.

I'll keep trying these out but they seem like a good set. I was telling my wife there needs to be something between the default sliders where I kill the CPU 60-0 and these others that have QBA set to 0 or 5 and I can't get a first down. This set seems to be more in the middle.

EDIT: I will say it will be nice when they hopefully patch the no-huddle. I tried running hurry-up ttu style offense I'd pick my play as quickly as possible and it seemed like the QB animation was 50/50. Couldn't seem to figure out what triggered it and when. Sometimes he'd do it, other times it would allow me to hike the ball.

The CPU did run some no-huddle hurry up towards the end of the 1st half and they are SUPER FAST, my defense was sprinting down the field to get to the LOS and the CPU would hike the ball PRIOR to the playcall window popping up. I didn't even have a chance to pick a play let alone have my defense lined up accordingly. If Nick Saban complains about A&M's hurry up no huddle he would pass out if he saw this.
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 07-12-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Freshman
    Default AA for offense and defense is working quite nicely for my coach mode pleasure!

I am fining that the coach skills really impacts the sliders in dynasty. At frst I could not run at all but now that I have all the running upgrades the run game is a little easier.

These are what I've been using. Feel free to give them a try. Played with them through a season of dynasty and they gave me pretty realistic results. I've tweaked them some for this season and they seem to be doing a little better.

Offense Difficulty: Heisman
    Defense Difficulty: Heisman
    Quarters: 8 minutes
    Speed: Normal
    Threshold: 40

User/CPU

QBA: 10/10
    PBL: 50/35
    WRC: 40/40
    RBA: 45/50
    RBL: 50/55
    PCV: 75/55
    INT: 35/35
    RD: 50/50
    TKL: 55/50
    FGP: 40/45
    FGA: 40/45
    PP: 50/50
    PA: 50/50
    KOP: 40/40

Used authentic's sliders last night for a dynasty game. Wow. Pulled out a 31-28 win against ND with my Michigan dynasty. Literally kicked the gamewinner with 0:01 on the clock, as I got the ball with about 2mins to go and ran the clock down. Had to WORK for that win, and it didn't feel cheap overall. Was down 14-0 early, but tied it up, only to give up a broken coverage TD because I screwed up manually. A key KO return tied it up, but they scored again. Had a nice drive to tie it up and then forced them to punt to get the ball back for that game-winning FG.
    Stats looked very nice, although I'd say there was a bit too much separation from DBs and receivers, so I may move threshold up from what they originally had. Also, I think human QBA will need to be at 10 because some easy-ass throws were waaaaaaaaay off.
    I have been using the same set, and think they are good, with many of the same caveats you mentioned.

I am kind of worried that they may be slightly too easy though.