Thread: (Online) Dynasty, Dynasty Wire, Story Builder, & Recruiting - CFB 15 Wish List

• Facebook
  • Display

(Online) Dynasty, Dynasty Wire, Story Builder, & Recruiting - CFB 15 Wish List

(Online) Dynasty, Dynasty Wire, & Story Builder

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items relating to changes or improvements you would like to see in NCAA Football 15.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

they should combine the formation subs and the depth chart screen. this would allow you to set a depth chart for every position in every formation. this would be especially important for 4 WR and multiple RB formations.

it'd streamline the process, while bringing more to the game.

I have an idea to make recruiting a little more dramatic and exciting. What if all of the top 100 recruits, or at least the top 25, waited until Signing Day to commit and there was a small presentation for each recruit. You could have three logos or helmets to mimic the hat selection that most of the top recruits do at all star games. (high school all-star games would be great to by the way) This could be presented by the logos or helmets being toggled back and fourth and within a ten second time period the recruit makes his selection. I absolutely love the new recruiting process but there is really no drama .

Recruiting in real life is a constant source of suspense for coaches and fans alike. I also feel like when you do land a star recruit there should be pop up with the players picture, rank, and a comment from a recruit. I also think recruiting headlines should be part of the ESPN top stories every week.

I'm not completely feeling the new recruiting set up yet. I really like the changes that they made in terms of overall feel of it and how some of the mechanics work but there is something definitely missing from week to week. I don't feel like I do anything and have ZERO control over it. I wish there was still some part of picking which pitches I wanted to focus on. They could still keep it where you don't have to touch it if you don't want to but they could allow us that do want to get more involved set the pitches.

I don't want the old system of picking one at a time and seeing the results but more of setting them all at once and letting it run when the week advances and then seeing the results the next week. This could also bring back the sway option because you know that coaches try to sway recruits all the time. Would also like to see a sway up or down as well instead of just trying to bring a recruits interest up.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I'm not completely feeling the new recruiting set up yet. I really like the changes that they made in terms of overall feel of it and how some of the mechanics work but there is something definitely missing from week to week. I don't feel like I do anything and have ZERO control over it. I wish there was still some part of picking which pitches I wanted to focus on. They could still keep it where you don't have to touch it if you don't want to but they could allow us that do want to get more involved set the pitches.

I don't want the old system of picking one at a time and seeing the results but more of setting them all at once and letting it run when the week advances and then seeing the results the next week. This could also bring back the sway option because you know that coaches try to sway recruits all the time. Would also like to see a sway up or down as well instead of just trying to bring a recruits interest up.
    Agree on the swaying pitches. Other than that, I really like the recruiting overall. I think it's the best it has ever been. I like the new dealbreaker pitch, however I think dealbreaker should be universal to 4 and 5-star recruits regarding nonBCS conference schools. It's rare for nonBCS schools to land 4 and 5-star recruits. We're talking on average less than 1% per class go to nonBCS schools. With 3-star recruits, it's up around 10%, which is still extremely low. The major reasons are simply because of a lack of exposure that will help them get to the pros. I think a 16-team playoff would dramatically change this, but that's another topic for another forum.

I don't know how to do it exactly, maybe a -1000 for nonBCS schools each week under their bonus points. In other words, with their bonus points from their pitches (360 max), pipelines (50 max), and points allocated (up to 700 max), the best they could do each week is a net point total of 110.

Maybe the point scale could be incremental according to the star caliber:
    -1000 for 5-stars / net of 110 points max
    -750 for 4-stars / net of 360 points max
    -250 for 3-stars / net of 860 points max
    -50 for 2-stars / net of 1060 points max

Or it could just be a "lock out" that can only be broken by certain pitches (program tradition, television exposure, and pro potential).

Regardless, "BCS school" needs to be a dealbreaker for nonBCS schools with extremely low odds of landing them. This might suck the fun out of recruiting for some people, but it would be just the opposite for me. At the very least, it could be an option you could toggle on/off in recruiting difficulty. I always start out with a 1-star school, but by season 2 I'm already landing several 4-stars and I'm only a 2-star prestige school in a nonBCS conference.
    Last edited by TIMB0B; 08-06-2013 at 03:35 PM.

I really think I'm onto something here. It would certainly help resolve the issues with the CPU recruiting in holding off on offers and establish bigger recruiting battles over top 250 prospects.
    Last edited by TIMB0B; 08-05-2013 at 10:44 PM.

-The ability make positions with critiera. Eg I don't want a FB or a TE, I just want a H-Back that play both positions with a given formation.

-The ability to create plays and formations. Also the ability to adapt a play from another formation. Eg I want adapt pass plays from Ace Slot Flex to Pistol Slot Flex.

-Weakside and Strongside (DEs, LBs, Saf,) Field and Boundary Corner options

-Player development options and system change. During offseason you give position groups a workout plan to work on what you find important. Also (potential + playing time + coaching) = progression. That way there is a measure of control about how good a player could be.

I was thinking about recruiting some more. It's not just BCS and non-BCS. Basically, there are 3 tiers of prestige in CFB. There's the BCS Top 25, which would be the so-called helmet teams --they historically have an average poll rating in the top 25 since 1936. There's the other 41 BCS schools, and then all of the non-BCS schools, which make up roughly 60 other teams in the FBS division.

As I posted earlier, non-BCS schools land 4 and 5-star prospects less than 1% of the time. 4-star prospects alone range from 1% to 5%. That's to be expected. Those recruits are the top 300 or so prospects. Not enough to go around. Next, only between 10% to 15% of 3-star prospects go to non-BCS teams as well. Again, this is to be expected. They're non-BCS teams. However, comparing the helmet teams with the other BCS leftovers, there's disparity there as well. Here's a little break down I did of the previous 5 years of recruiting and the trends:

5-star signings
    Helmet teams: 70% - 75%
    Other BCS: 20% - 25%
    Non-BCS: 0% - 1%

4-star signings
    Helmet teams: 55% - 60%
    Other BCS: 35% - 40%
    Non-BCS: 1% - 5%

3-star signings
    Helmet teams: 30% - 35%
    Other BCS: 45% - 55%
    Non-BCS: 10% - 15%

Those ranges are not absolute year to year, but they show a trend in how prospects decide. You could even add another prestige tier for the bottom 25 teams, because most of them never signed anyone above 2-stars.

So, say you have 4 recruiting tiers: BCS-Top 25, other BCS, non-BCS Top 100, and non-BCS Bottom 25. This is in no way related to the current 1 thru 6-star program prestige ratings the game has to reflect current success. These are "all-time" prestige ratings, dating as far back as the beginning of the AP poll era: Click me:

According to the scoring system, consistent production isn't necessarily rewarded. For example, if a team finished 17th for four straight years, it would get a total of 36 points (No. 17 gets 9 points). A team that finished the beginning of the decade No. 2 (24 points) and the end of the decade ranked tenth (16 points), but wasn't ranked any year in between, would get a total 40 points.

The idea behind this is to create different tiers of point totals for recruiting. And it could be done like the aforementioned post with point deficits for non-BCS et al. So, based on the current recruit point allotment, you could give the max 700 points to a prospect, plus a max of 360 program pitch points, and an additional 50 points if he's a pipeline prospect, totaling 1110 possible points to recruit one player.

Tier 1: BCS Top 25
    5-stars / net of 1110 points max
    4-stars / net of 1110 points max
    3-stars / net of 1110 points max
    2-stars / net of 1110 points max

Tier 2: Other BCS
    -555 for 5-stars / net of 555 points max
    -225 for 4-stars / net of 885 points max
    3-stars / net of 1110 points max
    2-stars / net of 1110 points max

Tier 3: Non-BCS Top 100
    -1000 for 5-stars / net of 110 points max
    -900 for 4-stars / net of 210 points max
    -225 for 3-stars / net of 885 points max
    2-stars / net of 1060 points max

Tier 4: Non-BCS Bottom 25
    -1100 for 5-stars / net of 10 points max
    -1000 for 4-stars / net of 110 points max
    -450 for 3-stars / net of 660 points max
    -100 for 2-stars / net of 1010 points max
    Last edited by TIMB0B; 09-22-2013 at 12:48 PM.

what about meeting and exceeding certain goals in a recruit's visit? ex: for o-linemen, they have pass for 250/rush for 100. what if you threw for 400 and ran for 200? or threw for 275 and ran for 400?

receivers and tight ends should also have a goal for "wr/te -have one get 100+ receiving target"

In recruiting, I would love to be able to block a recruit. It's week one, you have your X amount of recruits and you advance to week two. You had a 73 HB that you spent 325 points on and you still ended up falling 300 points. Since in the normal sense the most you can go up to is 500, there is no way that 175 points you add is going to turn things around. You are still going to lose 125 points a week. I want to be able to block them, maybe a red circle with a line through it where it usually shows interested or already in your list. So either it doesn't come up in my searches in week 10 when I need to find another HB or I when I am scanning who is out there, I see the icon and move on. Similarly, if I am going through the top 25 QBs and I don't want scramblers, I can mark them as well and not have to look at them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohica1010 View Post
    In recruiting, I would love to be able to block a recruit. It's week one, you have your X amount of recruits and you advance to week two. You had a 73 HB that you spent 325 points on and you still ended up falling 300 points. Since in the normal sense the most you can go up to is 500, there is no way that 175 points you add is going to turn things around. You are still going to lose 125 points a week. I want to be able to block them, maybe a red circle with a line through it where it usually shows interested or already in your list. So either it doesn't come up in my searches in week 10 when I need to find another HB or I when I am scanning who is out there, I see the icon and move on. Similarly, if I am going through the top 25 QBs and I don't want scramblers, I can mark them as well and not have to look at them again.
    why cant you look at how many points you are behind when searching for rb's in week 10? you're obviously not going to make up 4000 points in a couple of weeks. just seems like you're asking for something thats only gonna save you at the most, 5 seconds when searching for rb's.