Thread: Commentary, In-game Presentation & Atmosphere - CFB 15 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display

Commentary, In-game Presentation & Atmosphere - CFB 15 Wish List & Feedback

Commentary, In-game Presentation & Atmosphere

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items relating to changes or improvements you would like to see in NCAA Football 15.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

The atmosphere is what makes college football unique and the best sport in the world!! NCAA Football 15 should reflect that. With a new generation of systems, EA Sports needs to make a new era of presentation. EA is going the right direction with presentation. The commentary gets old after playing the game for a while. So it would be awesome if NCAAF15 had different broadcasters and presentations. Add a ESPN2, and ABC on ESPN. Brad Nessler and Todd Blackledge on ESPN. Mark Jones and Brock Huard on ESPN2. Brent Musburger and Kirk Herbstreit on ABC. One primetime on ABC(The best one)

Quote Originally Posted by HookemHorns View Post
    The atmosphere is what makes college football unique and the best sport in the world!! NCAA Football 15 should reflect that. With a new generation of systems, EA Sports needs to make a new era of presentation. EA is going the right direction with presentation. The commentary gets old after playing the game for a while. So it would be awesome if NCAAF15 had different broadcasters and presentations. Add a ESPN2, and ABC on ESPN. Brad Nessler and Todd Blackledge on ESPN. Mark Jones and Brock Huard on ESPN2. Brent Musburger and Kirk Herbstreit on ABC. One primetime on ABC(The best one)
    I don't think they'll get the guys to do that announcing, BUT I do think they could get different broadcast packages put together and that would be awesome. To see a different channel broadcasting every game would be sweet. Because all those channels are part of the ESPN package, this is a real possibility imo.

My biggest complaint now is that the fans do not always act accordingly motion-wise, and simply are not loud enough at the right times. I'm hoping the "living worlds" of the next gen systems is the answer to this problem. In need of towel waving, more team specific (crowd specific) motions such as the "gator chomp" or "seminole war chop". We'll see how good it is in Madden 25 and hopefully will be better and more NCAA-centric in NCAA 15. Another issue is the sideline, which should also be addressed in the whole "living worlds" deal. With those 2 issues I'd also like to see live celebrations, where the players just celebrate the way they do now without needing a cutscene and with a dynamic camera zoom.

And then the only other issue I have right now in atmosphere is weather. The weather should be fluid and "live", able to change (or not) over the course of a game and tuned to move at a pace specific to the game time being used. For example 5:00 quarters should be 3X faster than 15:00 qtrs in how it moves.
    Last edited by Jayrah; 07-15-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Just a small suggestion, but I really feel like there should be comments about the past year's successes or failures in your games. For example, if you are playing a game with Alabama, there should be a comment like "the current national champion Alabama against Tennessee." There should also be comments about the previous years conference champions, top recruits, etc. I am sure that this can be done on the next gen consoles. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hornfan View Post
    Just a small suggestion, but I really feel like there should be comments about the past year's successes or failures in your games. For example, if you are playing a game with Alabama, there should be a comment like "the current national champion Alabama against Tennessee." There should also be comments about the previous years conference champions, top recruits, etc. I am sure that this can be done on the next gen consoles. Thanks!
    Just based on what happened this year I am more than hopeful (expectant really) of them adding this type of commentary in 15. It's the natural next step

I HATE HATE HATE the "video intros" for games now.

1. They make ZERO sense. How do you show a highlight package for a game that has not happened yet? It makes zero sense.

2. It makes no sense to waste two years of implementing team specific intros and just basically cut them out.

3. I want the team intros back AND the stadiums sounds that went with them. This was one of my favorite presentation aspects of the game.

Am I alone in this? I really want to get this back in the game.

Storylines for teams ranked #1:
    - Commentary about a teams first week at the top spot
    - Commentary when a team regains the top spot after losing it earlier in the season

Storylines for 1 loss teams:
    - If the teams meet the next season, commentary that identifies the only loss
    - If the 1 loss team does not play for the National Title and teams play the next season, commentary that identifies the only loss as probably being the cause
    Last edited by Stan HAMsen; 08-12-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onikuno View Post
    No. I also much preferred the old intros.

At a minimum, they need to remove the highlights that show opposing players.

Quote Originally Posted by onikuno View Post
    I HATE HATE HATE the "video intros" for games now.

1. They make ZERO sense. How do you show a highlight package for a game that has not happened yet? It makes zero sense.

2. It makes no sense to waste two years of implementing team specific intros and just basically cut them out.

3. I want the team intros back AND the stadiums sounds that went with them. This was one of my favorite presentation aspects of the game.

Yup I agree 100%.

The biggest thing for me though... DYNAMIC COMMENTARY!!!