Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TGT PS3 OD - NCAA Football 14 Settings & Slider Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by HANDSWARD View Post
    I disagree. 10 and 5 introduce such a high level of randomness, it takes the fun out of playing.
    the way my passing has been i would tend to agree but cdj just went 28 for 35 in his game so it makes me think i am doing something wrong? I feel like i shouldnt be penalized for trying to zip a ball in there every now and then. the 10 yards off randomness that i was getting was frustrating. but to also make it realistic we shouldnt have a pass completion % of 70...i just dont know how we achieve that

I got out of work early today for a doctor's appointment so I came home and did a bunch more testing on sliders. I'm getting some better results with a few more tweaks.

This is the set we updated to for this week:

Game Play Sliders: User/CPU
    QB Accuracy: 15/10
    Pass Blocking: 45/40
    WR Catching: 40/45
    RB Ability: 55/75
    Run Blocking: 40/50
    Pass Coverage: 60/60
    Interception: 30/30
    Rush Defense: 45/55
    Tackling: 50/50

I made these changes:

QB Accuracy: 15/5
    Pass Blocking: 40/40
    WR Catching: 40/40
    Run Blocking: 40/50
    Pass Coverage: 60/70
    Interception: 45/45
    Rush Defense: 40/55

I tested...
    -1 game of equal good teams (Alabama vs Alabama)
    -1 game of equal bad teams (UTEP vs UTEP)
    -1 game of good vs bad (Alabama vs UTEP)
    -1 game of bad vs good (UTEP vs Alabama)

The only issue I had was CPU Alabama threw for ~85% against UTEP, but I did manage to pick them off once. I don't know if this is an issue. I guess a powerhouse should throw all over a shit team. I only managed ~75% as Alabama vs CPU UTEP. I did beat them 56-3. And their QB was under 50%. I didn't want to turn the INTs up so high but as far as I can tell that slider has a huge effect on pass coverage. But Pass Coverage seems to do very little. I had it up at 100 for the CPU for a bit in practice mode when I was tweaking and saw no difference than what I saw at 70. With QB ACC at 15 for the user it isn't as pick crazy tho. Having a little control over leading WRs to a side can help prevent some of the INTs.

Thoughts?

Testing sliders in practice will give you vastly different results than testing them in gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Testing sliders in practice will give you vastly different results than testing them in gameplay.
    Hmmm, yea it seemed a little weird. I was just messing around with different things in practice first. The 4 games I mentioned were full games.

I've played 2 more and I am still a little concerned about QB Acc. I get where you are coming from on the 15 is too much for the user setting. I wish there wasn't such a drastic difference between 15 and 10. At 15, if I run my best pass plays only, I can complete ~85% with even teams. However, I don't just sit there and run my best pass plays over and over in a real game. I use most all of my playbook and try to not run the same exact play twice. Running everything, I am at ~60% with even teams. The last game I just played on 10. I only ran my best plays in the first half and was 11/16. I didn't run any of those plays in the second half and was 6/21. 17/37 for the game.

I also just tried 0 QB Acc for the CPU in that last game. It was rather comical.

It's only one game, but the gameplay seemed more wide open.
    The dude abides.

Hands, I'll start using your most recent sliders in my offline dynasty and let you know.

...I probably won't get any games in until this weekend.

Typed by thumbs.

played game against Wake Forrest tonight ! Things that I noticed! No penalties that i recall, cpu pass defense was tough, couldn't seem to get any open WR open, run defense from cpu was very stingy! I saw a few overthrows by cpu, I had a couple! Just my two cents!

Charter has updated his sliders to these

Difficulty: Heisman

Quarter Length: 8-10 minutes.

Speed: Normal

Threshold: 0

QB Accuracy: 5 or 10/5
    WR Catching: 35/40
    Run Blocking: 0/50
    Pass Coverage: 65/75
    Interception: 35/40
    Rush Defense: 45/65

Special Teams
    FG Power: 45/40
    FG Accuracy: 5/35
    Punt Power: 20/45
    Punt Accuracy: 50/50
    Kickoff Power: 50/45

Penalties
    Offside: 50
    False Start: 50
    Holding: 50
    Face Mask: 55
    OPI: 50
    DPI: 50
    KR/PR Inter: 50
    Clipping: 55
    Int Grounding: 75
    RTP: 54
    RTK: 50

wow 0 run blocking for the user?

There is still run blocking. It just affects how long they hold their blocks. But it played pretty well in my OD with Arizona vs. Arizona State. Ka'Deem Carey had 14 carries for 161yds and 3tds. You can still break big plays, but the coverage is tighter for both sides. Also the cpu breaks less tackles and your guys finally intercept passes that they should.
    Last edited by Escobar; 08-12-2013 at 07:23 PM.

I just want my coverages to actually work! no matter if i play man or zone i get picked apart by every team in the passing game

I'm trying the 0 rush D for the user right now and it seems like there is almost no difference than when I had it at 40. I'm not using that whole set tho. I'm using these:

QB Accuracy: 10/5
    WR Catching: 35/35

Quote Originally Posted by Xusemagru View Post
    I just want my coverages to actually work! no matter if i play man or zone i get picked apart by every team in the passing game
    You have to get pressure on the QB. It's the only way to stop the passing game. The secondary is stupid and there is no slider set that can fix them.

You have to get pressure on the QB. It's the only way to stop the passing game. The secondary is stupid and there is no slider set that can fix them.
    How about qb accuracy though? If the user is getting penalized by using a 5 or 10 as a slider i am hoping the CPU doesnt have a better rating (no clue what the actual sliders we are using now are set to). if i have to suffer with errant passes then there is no reason they shouldnt suffer with me

I'm trying the 0 rush D for the user right now and it seems like there is almost no difference than when I had it at 40. I'm not using that whole set tho. I'm using these:

QB Accuracy: 10/5
    WR Catching: 35/35
    You should probably use the whole set. He determined through testing, that certain sliders work together in a combination. Rush defense only affects lb and secondary, so the opposing teams run blocking affects your d-line. Similar thing with QB Accuracy and WR Catching. And the same with Interceptions and Pass Coverage. Moving them in a certain combination got him better results in coverage and reacting to the ball. I got similar results in my Kentucky DC offline dynasty. My players reacted in coverage and actually went for swats and anticipated/adapted to receivers in zone coverage like they should.

Stats from me using the updated slider set in my OD Championship game. Arizona vs Texas (CPU).
    http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=956

What do you guys think about increasing the Pass Blocking, WR catching, RB ability, Pass coverage, and Rush D for the CPU.

These are the Slider I use in my offline dynasty, and it is very challenging.

CPU/User

QBA - 50/10
    PB - 65/10
    WR Catching - 70/15
    RB Ability - 90/20
    Run Blocking - 90/5
    Pass Coverage - 90/45
    Int - 40/40
    Rush Defense - 100/30
    Tack - 90/45

These sliders are tough, but we are all pretty good players that I think we can handle some tweaking. If you dont read your blocks, you get stuffed. If you dont read the D and try to force stuff, it gets picked. Can be frustrating at times, but realistic. Thoughts?

Bumping this to get thoughts on marcotte's sliders before we get to the offseason.

I'm fine with trying to make defense harder. If you accomplish that by upping the CPU's slider values that is fine. I have had to resort to super simming the D after halftime the past few games. The other team will have negative yardage and it feels like super sim is the only way I will get them to put up some yards and points. If I play a team with equal or better talent, then there is more of a challenge. Alabama this season was almost impossible to stop (99 Off vs 89 Def) but it was mostly their run game (I lost to them on a last second TD, only loss since I have taken the Maryland job last season). Any team with a worse offense than my defense does nothing.
    Last edited by HANDSWARD; 01-08-2014 at 08:56 PM.

I agree, I have found that the CPU Offense is really easy to stop and they have some terrible play calling, esp. in the 2nd half of games.