Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Was really disappointed that it didn't get release before the holidays.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Just saw the King of Kong documentary on the quest for breaking the world record of Donkey Kong....loved it. Was pretty cool.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Just saw the King of Kong documentary on the quest for breaking the world record of Donkey Kong....loved it. Was pretty cool.
    Yeah man. A GREAT documentary for video gamers.

Another one for people that remember them is Get Lamp about the old Apple II game Adventure and MUDS in general. Another REALLY great documentary about video games.

Last edited by morsdraconis; 01-07-2011 at 07:02 PM.

I saw Burn After Reading last week.....terrible. If it's ever on TV or you want to Netflix it, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I saw Burn After Reading last week.....terrible. If it's ever on TV or you want to Netflix it, don't.
    I know most hate it but I actually enjoyed it... granted the night I saw it I was already in a goofy mood so that just put it over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    A Fistful of Quarters!! LOL! I saw that about a year ago. What a bunch of characters,lol. A friend of mine is very much into classic arcade games and had me watch it. He drags me to Expos and classic arcade bars from time to time. Hilarious stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I concur.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I concur.
    Ditto

I kind of want to see Hall Pass. I think they are trying to duplicate The Hangover but I'm willing to give it a shot

Yeah, it does look pretty funny and I definitely see the Hangover attempt. Could be hilarious or really crappy. I'll probably see it though.

Saw two movies this weekend, Sucker Punch on Friday and Black Swan on Saturday.

Sucker Punch - Good movie, wasn't a huge fan of the ending though. Lots of action, good scenery.

Black Swan - Was better than I expected. Actually kind of creepy/startling at times; almost like they wanted half of a horror movie feel to it.

Black Swan is an AMAZINGLY well done movie. I was blown away by how good it was (I'm not normally the type of person to enjoy the type of movie that it is and wasn't expecting to like it nearly as much as I do).

Sucker Punch has been getting absolutely destroyed by pretty much every review website/person out there.

I've watched a couple of movies that I never got around to watching but wanted to over the past couple of days.

The Truman Show: Holy hell, what a wonderful movie. I've been a fan of Jim Carrey for a long time but never took the time to watch this movie. Definitely up there with Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Cougars, Inc: Looks like a silly movie, but it actually wasn't that bad. Definitely wasn't great, but the tits certainly helped. Sadly, you don't get to see Denise Richards' tits, but Jim Belushi is AMAZINGLY good in this movie. Definitely the best part.

The Princess Bride: Had seen it before, but it had been a pretty long time. Just as enjoyable as I remember. Such a wonderful movie.

Anyone see Battle: L.A. at the theatres? I have been meaning to check it out but just can't find the time. I hear it has some pretty bad reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Anyone see Battle: L.A. at the theatres? I have been meaning to check it out but just can't find the time. I hear it has some pretty bad reviews.
    Dialog and story is terrible, otherwise a great action flick from everything I've seen. Not as much action as you'd think there would be, but still pretty decent. Not sure it's worth the money to see though. I've decided to wait until DVD/pirating.

I liked Unstoppable a lot. A solid popcorn flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I liked Unstoppable a lot. A solid popcorn flick.
    Yeah, I enjoyed Unstoppable a lot. Definitely a solid popcorn flick.

Saw Limitless a couple of weekends ago... liked it on the whole but didn't agree with how they decided to end the movie.

I finally watched Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. I love this movie.

Thor was great! Both myself and my wife loved it. Right up there with Iron Man 1 with how much we enjoyed it. Some humour, good actors and characters, good story and some good action. We saw it in 3D too which was really a 2.5D experience (not the stuff that really pops out at you) and it was neat. Highly recommend this movie and I never really cared about Thor much either.

So I watched the Ugly Truth over the weekend. If you need a movie to satisfy the misses, this wasn't that bad. Gerard Butler is funny as hell and pretty vulgar which made it bearable.