Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Or you just want to be the only one in the theater to be squealing if you wait a few weeks?
    Well, there's always that too.

The Blindside 6/5

Yeah not sure if you heard about it, but it happend in South Charleston, died in a car fire off Mountain Road.

Yep went to Dunbar and SC..

Haha yeah Sissonville use to be rough to play at. I went to AJ middle school very briefly and we played them.

Get Him to the Greek... meh. It had plenty of funny moments but it wasn't a funny movie if that makes sense. For one thing, it was 2 hours long which is entirely too long for a comedy, especially when there were scenes which made little to no sense in them being in there. I really think they could have made this a better movie by doing it more in a style of Spinal Tap as a mockumentary.

Where have all the good movies gone?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Haha yeah Sissonville use to be rough to play at. I went to AJ middle school very briefly and we played them.
    Sissonville (Junior or High) hasn't had a good football team at all since like 1999 or some shit. Junior was decent at around 1999 as well, but it never produced anything in high school.

Can't say I did hear about your cousin but I don't watch the news or anything so it's no doubt that I missed it.

But, anyway, I haven't really watched any movies lately (definitely haven't went to see any in the theater) but I just watched Goodfellas over again (for like the 4th or 5th time now) and I just can't get over how much of a masterpiece that movie is. I miss good gangster movies like that (hasn't been a decent one since Snatch except for Eastern Promises and neither are really gangster movies) and you definitely cannot go wrong with De Niro, Pesci, and Liotta. Three badasses they most certainly are.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    But, anyway, I haven't really watched any movies lately (definitely haven't went to see any in the theater) but I just watched Goodfellas over again (for like the 4th or 5th time now) and I just can't get over how much of a masterpiece that movie is. I miss good gangster movies like that (hasn't been a decent one since Snatch except for Eastern Promises and neither are really gangster movies) and you definitely cannot go wrong with De Niro, Pesci, and Liotta. Three badasses they most certainly are.
    Have you seen The Departed... sounds like it would definitely be up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Have you seen The Departed... sounds like it would definitely be up your alley.
    Oh yeah! I forgot about The Departed. I'm gonna have to watch that one again, even though I really dislike Decrapio's horrible Bostonian accent.

Took the family to see Toy Story 3. Just saw it in 2D since 3D would probably freak out my 3 and 5 year old kids during the scary scenes. It was a great movie. Part of me still thinks How to Train Your Dragon was better but I thought that movie was one of the best family CGI movies I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Took the family to see Toy Story 3. Just saw it in 2D since 3D would probably freak out my 3 and 5 year old kids during the scary scenes. It was a great movie. Part of me still thinks How to Train Your Dragon was better but I thought that movie was one of the best family CGI movies I've ever seen.
    I agree, those are two of the best movies I've seen for a while...CGI or not

Haha wrong thread
    Last edited by oweb26; 06-18-2010 at 10:28 PM.

Here's to Charleston, I was born in Mt. Pleasant at East Cooper.

As far as movies... I'm looking forward to Knight and Day, I think I'll go see that. I haven't seen a movie at theaters since Blindside. I want to see Green Zone too on DVD tomorrow.

Just saw Knight and Day tonight... it was ok. There were parts that were good and were really well done, then there were parts that just seemed forced and detracted from the movie. It was about like Mission Impossible meets the humor/action from Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Just saw Knight and Day tonight... it was ok. There were parts that were good and were really well done, then there were parts that just seemed forced and detracted from the movie. It was about like Mission Impossible meets the humor/action from Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
    Yeah. I kinda figured it wasn't going to be very good. Looked like one of those movies where if you saw a few of the different trailers, you probably don't need to watch the movie.

The new Karate Kid movie with Jackie Chan and little Will Smith is really good. I'm serious. I liked it more then 1, 3, and WAAAAAAAAAAY more then Next. It's even with 2 in my book for my favorite in the series.

Rented and watched The Crazyies last night. It was a pretty good movie, but whoever said it was "scary as Hell" is on crack...it wasn't scary at all! Since when are hack 'n' slash movies scary? Nonetheless, it was still good. The plot was ruined for me early on because of how predictable it was, and the ending just made room for a sequel, but it was entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    The new Karate Kid movie with Jackie Chan and little Will Smith is really good. I'm serious. I liked it more then 1, 3, and WAAAAAAAAAAY more then Next. It's even with 2 in my book for my favorite in the series.
    Really?? you like it more than 1? It was basically the exact same as part 1 just with different actors, and instead of the serious moments it was "funny". I did like it but when you look at it it was the same movie.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Rented and watched The Crazyies last night. It was a pretty good movie, but whoever said it was "scary as Hell" is on crack...it wasn't scary at all! Since when are hack 'n' slash movies scary? Nonetheless, it was still good. The plot was ruined for me early on because of how predictable it was, and the ending just made room for a sequel, but it was entertaining.
    Yeah crazies was just funny to me, I wouldnt have enjoyed it in theaters but as a home movie it was pretty decent.
    Spoiler: show
    I was intrigued how the guy didn't go crazy after he stabbed the chick in the throat with his open wound isn't that like blood infusion or some shit. Wasn't the entire thing viral because it got into the water?

Spoiler: show
    I'm 99% sure both he and his wife are infected at the end of the movie. The dude would've gotten it when he stabbed the lady in the throat because of getting her blood in his open wound. His wife has it because she made out with her husband after the incident and then drank the water, so she almost has to have it. I think that's why they showed the military scanner picking them up once they reach Cedar Rapids. At least, that's what I got from it. One thing is for sure, though, and that is it's definitely getting a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Really?? you like it more than 1? It was basically the exact same as part 1 just with different actors, and instead of the serious moments it was "funny". I did like it but when you look at it it was the same movie.
    I was never crazy over the original. Karate Kid II easily is my favorite from the original series. I did like 1 a lot more then 3 though. To address your question, even if the new version and the original were the same, story-wise (and to be honest, all 3 are basically the same story-wise), I feel the new version is superior to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I was never crazy over the original. Karate Kid II easily is my favorite from the original series.
    Blasphemy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Blasphemy!
    Yeah. I'm not saying the first one wasn't good. I just didn't love it. It was what it was. Part II, on the other hand, I did love. That's how I feel about the remake.