Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Movie Review Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Just watched the new Avengers movie on Netflix. It was pretty decent. Had some comedy but there is no story. Just jam every super hero in the MCU on the screen and fight Thanos bad guys for 2.5 hours. Just shut your brain off and then smh at the ending. A fun action movie but I’m glad I didn’t see this in the theatre. Be nice if Marvel added real plots to movies other than the origin stories.

‪Crazy Rich Asians was really good. Some humour went a long way. More of a chick flick combined with Meet the Parents lol. Solid watch.‬

Just wanted to say that Black Panther was my favorite movie in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw Aquaman. It was pretty good and I’ll give it an 8/10. Maybe a touch long but had some good humour, pretty hot chick, a lot of action and a story that was decent. Probably some head scratching stuff in there but not enough to bug me. Kind of reminded me of Thor in some ways with a little Star Wars mixed in under water. I like this version of Aquaman because the original Justice League he felt like a pansy. I did like how this movie felt more fun and less serious than some of the new Marvel movies which seem to forget they are comic book movies.

Just saw this movie surpassed Wonder Woman at the box office too. Probably similar in quality. I think Wonder Woman did a better job on the origin story which was the strength of that film. I was annoyed with another Nazi action plot so the second half of the movie was better in Aquaman imo. Probably has more replay value for Aquaman as a result. Bad guy was better.

Just watched A Quiet Place and I was disappointed. I liked Bird Box better. Neither movie really explains what happened or why but you at least got a little back story in BB. And there were a lot of characters and dialogue that kept the movie interesting. QP was very quiet with little dialogue and some of the worst displays of parenting and taking care of your children I can see. No parent walks ahead of very young children or leaves kids unsupervised, especially in a hostile environment.

Wife did not like Ocean's 8 (I fell asleep early lol). But I did enjoy watching the reboot to Overboard. The original was good and this was actually fun. I'd rather watch this new one than the old one. The guy gets amnesia this time and what she does to him is different than before. Just glad they weren't living in a dump this time.

No spoilers. I’ve never been a fan of the Avengers movies. Not enough plot and too much mindless action imo. Hard to have a good story when cramming in so many different characters too. But my son wanted to see the new movie. I was hesitant since it’s 3 hours! I did watch the last one when it came out on Netflix and thought that was decent.

This movie was the best Avengers movie of all of them. Not too fast paced, good story, lots of humour. Plus action but not overdone. I really liked it and my son loved it too.

I’m going tomorrow morning. The internet is getting reckless with talk that tip-toes the line of spoilers. It’s annoying. The very reason I’m going opening weekend is because I know when I go back to work Monday, the students won’t know how to keep their mouths shut (I teach).

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I’m going tomorrow morning. The internet is getting reckless with talk that tip-toes the line of spoilers. It’s annoying. The very reason I’m going opening weekend is because I know when I go back to work Monday, the students won’t know how to keep their mouths shut (I teach).

I knew nothing going in and heard no spoilers. I won’t say anything here either. And there can definitely be a few big spoilers too so people need to shut up. A few guys in front of me were on their phones and I said out loud “no phones!”. In a dark theatre it’s distracting. And they would talk here and there. Near the end of the movie someone in the row in front of the, told them to be quiet lol.

I also saw it in 3D. I didn’t want to but the only theatre with good seats available. There were some nice 3D things but most of the movie isn’t necessary. And since I’m wearing glasses now I don’t like it. Plus it makes everything a bit darker. But some stuff was good.

Major spoiler question:

Spoiler: show
    I don’t understand why one of Black Widow and Hawkeye had to die? Just because the creepy guy said so? Explanation?

Edit: it was a soul stone so someone you love has to be sacrificed apparently. Was in part 1 as well.
    Last edited by Rudy; 04-28-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Major spoiler question:

Spoiler: show
    I don’t understand why one of Black Widow and Hawkeye had to die? Just because the creepy guy said so? Explanation?

Edit: it was a soul stone so someone you love has to be sacrificed apparently. Was in part 1 as well.
    Yeah, you beat me to it.

Anyway, that movie was amazing! Definitely want to watch this and Infinity War back-to-back one day.