Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Movie Review Thread

Anyone seen Iron Man 2 yet? What'd you think? I'm about to go see it here in a little bit & thought I'd check & see what everyone thought.

Going to watch it this weekend. The consensus from that I've read is that it's not better than Ironman 1 but it is good in it's own right.

Yeah, that's about what I expect. The first one completely surprised me by having a good plot & whatnot. I just hope it is entertaining.

For all those that have kids, How to Train Your Dragon was a great movie. It was one of the best CGI kids movies I've seen. It didn't have a lot of humour but the story was great.

So here's my 2 cents: Pretty damn entertaining if you ask me... Decent storyline & good action scenes. Worth my money anyway!

Saw Iron Man 2 tonight. Solid and surpassed the expectations I had going in, but man oh man did they hammer us over the head (no pun intended) on the Avengers movie they will be making next.

My brother was disappointed with Iron Man 2. He felt it was simply too slow and didn't have enough action for a movie that's supposed to be an action flick. I couldn't wait to see the first one but I may wait to go see it (with two kids that means getting a baby sitter) or just rent it later on.

Cannot. wait. for. Avengers.

i liked ironman 2, but thought the end fight went to quick. i would have liked to see more out of the last fight seen

As much as I liked Iron Man 1 I thought it could have used a better bad guy and more action scenes. I actually liked the Hulk with Ed Norton Jr. a bit better than Iron Man 1. Anyone else love that Hulk?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    As much as I liked Iron Man 1 I thought it could have used a better bad guy and more action scenes. I actually liked the Hulk with Ed Norton Jr. a bit better than Iron Man 1. Anyone else love that Hulk?
    yea I liked that hulk I like how they build upon the growth of hulk moving from green to grey hulk. Hulk is my favorite marvel hero. He doesn't get much props in the comic world, but he had his own little stint in the 90's .

Definitely liked the Hulk with Edward Norton, and I don't think it got enough play...

I saw Iron Man 2 last weekend and I was a little disappointed. Sure, it entertained with action and a little with story, but it kind of felt bland to me. You won't be upset if you went to go see it, but it doesn't have the same level of entertainment value as the first one. Characters are under-developed, lines are cliche', and the action is just "meh" at moments.

Are there any decent movies coming out in the next few weeks (or have come out recently)? Besides Sex and the City 2, of course. It sure doesn't seem like it to me, but my movie viewing has decreased in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Are there any decent movies coming out in the next few weeks (or have come out recently)? Besides Sex and the City 2, of course. It sure doesn't seem like it to me, but my movie viewing has decreased in the last few years.
    I'm the same, I honestly can't tell you the last movie I've seen. I'm sure it wasn't that long ago but I can't remember. It may have been The Hangover.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Seriously, I think A-Team might actually not be bad. I know, it's probably going to be another horrible 80s remake, but it looks like the director might actually know what he's doing with it. Plus, something similar to A-Team (S.W.A.T.), did really well with the remake so in the right hands, it could be pretty good.

After that, I'm REALLY looking forward to The Last Airbender (PLEASE M.Night, don't ruin that AMAZING cartoon) and then it's just Inception (still not entirely sure on this one but it's Nolan so it's probably going to be amazing) and then Predators (been excited for that one for a while) though Predators has me worried because the director hasn't done anything besides Armored which was horribly cliched and boring but we'll see.

Unfortunately, besides a possible fun movie in A-Team, there isn't anything worth a damn at all coming out afterward.

Damn Mors didn't know you were in Charleston. I'm from Dunbar, lived there up until 11th grade then moved to Maryland, then back after HS. Came back to Md in 2003 and been living here ever since. Just about all of my family sill lives there though. Last time I was in was for my cousin's funeral in March.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Damn Mors didn't know you were in Charleston. I'm from Dunbar, lived there up until 11th grade then moved to Maryland, then back after HS. Came back to Md in 2003 and been living here ever since. Just about all of my family sill lives there though. Last time I was in was for my cousin's funeral in March.
    Sorry to hear about you Cousin.

But yeah, I lived in Dunbar myself from about 2003 until 2009 and I've lived in Charleston or the surrounding area my entire life. Most of my family lives around in WV as well.

You go to school at Dunbar Junior and South Charleston High?

I went to Sissonville (what a HORRIBLE school that was) Junior and High and Bonham Elementary (another terrible fuckin' school).

I just wanted to jump here and tell everyone that "Kick-Ass" is amazing...Action is great and it is actually pretty funny throughout the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev5890 View Post
    I just wanted to jump here and tell everyone that "Kick-Ass" is amazing...Action is great and it is actually pretty funny throughout the film.
    Oh yeah, that was very entertaining. Forgot about that one.

A-Team looks like it could be entertaining, but I'll wait and see it at least a few weeks after release so I don't have to hear all the girls squeal over a shirtless Bradley Cooper.

Yeah not sure if you heard about it, but it happend in South Charleston, died in a car fire off Mountain Road.

Yep went to Dunbar and SC..

Haha yeah Sissonville use to be rough to play at. I went to AJ middle school very briefly and we played them.