Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Movie Review Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

Movie Review Thread

I saw Split. It definitely wasn't what I expected. The last scene was personally awesome to me though as it was a callback to my favorite M. Night movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34...oduction-shut/

‘Friday the 13th’ Cursed; Production Has Been Shut Down
    That is terrible news.

I saw the first Jack Reacher movie finally and really liked it. Will have to watch the latest one now.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I saw Split. It definitely wasn't what I expected. The last scene was personally awesome to me though as it was a callback to my favorite M. Night movie.
    Spoiler: show
    Lady in the Water?

Saw the Lego Batman movie with the family. The first half hour was hilarious. The last hour was just average. The kids loved it.

Finally got around to watching Fantastic Beasts. I actually fell asleep in the middle of the story. My wife is a huge Harry Potter fan and she liked the book but found the movie to be average.

Saw Logan over the weekend.

I think it is good and liked it, but also feel like it's being overhyped by reviewers.

Watched "Get Out" tonight. Excellent movie... I highly recommend seeing it in the theater. It's a suspense horror with a good side of comedy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Watched "Get Out" tonight. Excellent movie... I highly recommend seeing it in the theater. It's a suspense horror with a good side of comedy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    It was definitely a really good movie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Took the family to Lego Batman. I love Batman and I love Lego. That being said, I didn't love this movie. I give it a 5.5/10. Overall it had a weak plot and was somewhat boring. However the kids liked it though not as much as the Lego Movie.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Took the family to Lego Batman. I love Batman and I love Lego. That being said, I didn't love this movie. I give it a 5.5/10. Overall it had a weak plot and was somewhat boring. However the kids liked it though not as much as the Lego Movie.
    I generally agree in that there really wasn't much of a plot and I almost fell asleep in the last hour. Parts were certainly boring. But the first 30 minutes was hilarious imo.

I think I've only watched the first Fast and Furious movie. It was OK but I'm stunned there are now 8 of them. Took my son to see this last one. Wow. This is a popcorn movie on super steroids. The entire movie is so over the top crazy, ludicrous and unrealistic that my brain was hurting at times. I expected that to a degree but it still surprised me. There are some funny parts although I wish there was more. Tons of action that makes a Marvel movie look tame.

Personally I have a hard time giving it more than a 5/10 but my son loved it. So does the world apparently.

I thought King Arthur looked good but it didn't review well on Rotten Tomatoes although local reviews are better (7.5 in Windsor on 63 reviews so far). But I didn't see much marketing and it only grabbed just under $15M and the budget was $175M. Pretty tough to make that money back unless Europe loves it.

I really liked the King Arthur movie from 2004 with Clive Owens. So much so that I have no desire to see this one.
    https://youtu.be/f1xz-ORqeLs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday. My wife didn't think it was that good but it had good humour and was fun overall. Probably a 7 or 7.5/10. It wasn't as good as the first movie and neither was the music which wasn't close to the first movie quality imo. The plot just didn't have a lot of meat on the bone for this one.

After all the hype we went as a family to see Wonder Woman. It was a bit of a disappointment. It started off well but the movie dragged. Was at least 20 minutes too long as wanting a movie to end isn't a good thing. There just wasn't anything that special about it. The WW2 setting and defeat the Nazis story line is very tired. Would have preferred a modern origin story. An average comic book movie. 7/10. If Gal Gadot wasn't so good looking it might be lower.

Went and saw IT with my daughter last Saturday and took a lady friend to see it tonight. I wouldn't mind going to see it a 3rd time.

Pennywise is so bad ass in this movie. I'm obsessed.

If you are interested, go see this movie. It's the best horror movie I've seen in YEARS. It's not scary whatsoever (for a grown man) but it's very well made.

I suppose, if you're a fan of the book or of the 1990 t.v. mini-series, you could have some qualms with this adaptation but I don't get caught up in that bullshit. Instead, I just enjoy what I'm seeing.

I went and saw Annabelle: Creation like a month ago and didn't even mention it here because it wasn't worth mentioning. IT, on the other hand, deserves your dollars.

Saw Justice League a few weeks ago and would give it around a 6-7/10. You could really tell it had two different directors and underwent too many cuts, edits, and reshoots. (Characters would change their look during the middle of scenes - wth?) There was probably some good ideas and plot when it started, but it ended up feeling like someone watched the original cut of the movie and thought they could do it better by changing the plot/movie, score, adding jokes, etc. but it only ended up neutering the whole thing. It lacked the same feel and consistency from Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, the first two in this trilogy. I'm hoping they add/restore a bunch of scenes for the at-home release to help salvage it.

Watched Baby Driver last night and would probably give it around a 5-6/10. I felt there were some good ideas in here, but they didn't tie together very well. It didn't help that the movie came in severely overhyped by the time I finally watched it, probably leading to some unrealistic expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Went and saw IT with my daughter last Saturday and took a lady friend to see it tonight. I wouldn't mind going to see it a 3rd time.

Pennywise is so bad ass in this movie. I'm obsessed.

If you are interested, go see this movie. It's the best horror movie I've seen in YEARS. It's not scary whatsoever (for a grown man) but it's very well made.

I suppose, if you're a fan of the book or of the 1990 t.v. mini-series, you could have some qualms with this adaptation but I don't get caught up in that bullshit. Instead, I just enjoy what I'm seeing.

I went and saw Annabelle: Creation like a month ago and didn't even mention it here because it wasn't worth mentioning. IT, on the other hand, deserves your dollars.
    I was always creeped out by the IT mini-series back in the day but do want to see this new one as I've only heard good things about it plus I trust your judgment on it. I doubt I would ever re-watch it if I bought it, so I'll rent it digitally.

The blu-ray comes out next week, so I'm assuming the digital version is available to rent soon, if it isn't already.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I was always creeped out by the IT mini-series back in the day but do want to see this new one as I've only heard good things about it plus I trust your judgment on it. I doubt I would ever re-watch it if I bought it, so I'll rent it digitally.

The blu-ray comes out next week, so I'm assuming the digital version is available to rent soon, if it isn't already.
    I don't buy many movies (I own less than 20 and 12 of those are Friday the 13th movies) but I will definitely be buying IT. Good movie.