Thread: I suck at defense. Any guides/write-ups so I can play D on NCAA 14?

• Facebook
  • Display

Question I suck at defense. Any guides/write-ups so I can play D on NCAA 14?

So, I suck bad at defense. In NCAA 13 and before, I always ended-up super-sim'ing defense (I primarily play offline dynasties). Well, after playing the NCAA 14 demo and loving it, I definitely want to play both sides of the ball this year.

Are there any good guides/tutorials/videos/etc. out there on learning to play defense (without all the cheesing crap)? I don't care about nanos and all that junk, I want to learn true sim-style defensive fundamentals. Unfortunately, I would have checked out the Utopia cache before on OS but that's gone now. So is Google cache results from Utopia my only hope?

Also, what may be the best to start off with? Should I start by learning a Cover 2 style defense? Nickel/3-3-5? When I play offline dynasties, I start with a 1star team and either build them up to a powerhouse or go through coaching carousel to get to a powerhouse school.

Any help/pointers would be appreciated . I've collected many Cover 2 resources over the years to get into it, but it's so hard for me to translate into the game where I control only a single player and all the responsibilities/strategies outlined in the Real Life strategy don't translate to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    Thanks ryby! Perhaps I should have done some searching in the forums first . I even have comments in one of the 3-3-5 threads that equates to what I said above (about sim'ing defense). Time to put-up or shut-up I suppose . Now I have plenty of resources to get started. No more excuses .

Quote Originally Posted by jolson88 View Post
    Thanks ryby! Perhaps I should have done some searching in the forums first . I even have comments in one of the 3-3-5 threads that equates to what I said above (about sim'ing defense). Time to put-up or shut-up I suppose . Now I have plenty of resources to get started. No more excuses .
    No problem and good luck.