Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Flexbone Update?

• Facebook
  • Display
    I have found that WB Toss works better this year than the Speed Sweep does, last year was just the opposite.
    I was having trouble with quick pressure off the end but now when I see it I audible to WB Dive.
    I usually try to throw about 20 times a game but my QB and WR's are just not any good passing so I am back to pounding the rock and throwing 10-15 times.

Played my first game running flexbone option GT v Georgia. Struggled against the 3-4. The pitch read can be a little quick. In 2nd half it was much easier to run out of the 3 WR sets. The pitch read man was at the 2nd level and I started gouging the CPU. Pistol flexbone was especially deadly.

I also noticed that speed option out of wingbone is easier to run then flexbone. The FB blocks to the play side in wingbone. Can you audible the FB to block play side on run plays? Don't know why they changed it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tako 715 View Post
    I also noticed that speed option out of wingbone is easier to run then flexbone. The FB blocks to the play side in wingbone. Can you audible the FB to block play side on run plays? Don't know why they changed it this year.
    No you can't but there are speed options with the FB leading strong side that are killer

Okay Flexers let's talk the passing game. Yea I know PASS is a four letter word and as great as the options are there are times that throwing becomes a must so I was curious what are you using in those circumstances? I use Flexbone R&S package, 4 Verts (in most of my formation packages), Curl/Flair what are you using for when you HAVE to throw?
    My best PA pass out of Flexbone is SWITCH

Quote Originally Posted by RussellW65 View Post
    Okay Flexers let's talk the passing game. Yea I know PASS is a four letter word and as great as the options are there are times that throwing becomes a must so I was curious what are you using in those circumstances? I use Flexbone R&S package, 4 Verts (in most of my formation packages), Curl/Flair what are you using for when you HAVE to throw?
    My best PA pass out of Flexbone is SWITCH
    I use the RnS routes, and use hot routes to create air raid concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcktfan916 View Post
    I use the RnS routes, and use hot routes to create air raid concepts.
    I have tried to do this but they never seem to be right. Would love to read what you do

Quote Originally Posted by RussellW65 View Post
    I have tried to do this but they never seem to be right. Would love to read what you do
    I don't really have a write up, I just use hot routes and make mesh and shallow cross and stick plays. I really like to incorporate a few air raid routes with the RnS routes. A lot is done by feel, just using hot routes to attack the gaps I see pre-snap. And if they are playing man tight, someone is getting sent deep. Also on smash, I like to drag the outside man (the one running the little hitch)back into the formation. In trips i like to attack 3 different areas, ie inside man runs a dig, middle man runs a streak or hitch and outside man runs an out. Basically attacking left, middle and right side, trying to use the triangle concept. My best advise is to go into play now choose navy vs navy because they have the most flexbone forms and just keep playing offense for both sides, doing nothing but passing, just to get some practice against whatever D the CPU might throw at you.

I don't really have a write up, I just use hot routes and make mesh and shallow cross and stick plays. I really like to incorporate a few air raid routes with the RnS routes. A lot is done by feel, just using hot routes to attack the gaps I see pre-snap. And if they are playing man tight, someone is getting sent deep. Also on smash, I like to drag the outside man (the one running the little hitch)back into the formation. In trips i like to attack 3 different areas, ie inside man runs a dig, middle man runs a streak or hitch and outside man runs an out. Basically attacking left, middle and right side, trying to use the triangle concept. My best advise is to go into play now choose navy vs navy because they have the most flexbone forms and just keep playing offense for both sides, doing nothing but passing, just to get some practice against whatever D the CPU might throw at you.
    I will have to try this. My 3 favorite passes are Mesh, Drive and Spot. If I can find a way to make these happen I will be in good shape

Quote Originally Posted by Tako 715 View Post
    Played my first game running flexbone option GT v Georgia. Struggled against the 3-4. The pitch read can be a little quick. In 2nd half it was much easier to run out of the 3 WR sets. The pitch read man was at the 2nd level and I started gouging the CPU. Pistol flexbone was especially deadly.

I run way more QB midline vs 3-4/odd fronts. You want to get him to start pinching his line down, or running 3-4 solid. Then your triple dive read becomes the OLB and pitch read is usually the FS/SS. When they are in a normal 3-4 front the dive & pitch read happen so fast, any lag or delay your QB is getting nailed, especially if his coaching strat is set to crash on the QB. That OLB will pop you.

Just had a game with 3 100-yard rushers and another with 85 yds. Needless to say we won.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligerborn View Post
    ok after some more labbing I figured out why sometimes the automotion running plays arent working, at least I found a consistent reason.

if you flip a automotion running play, doesnt matter the set, flexbone ace, gun, pistol, mamma's carriage...

and then user(keeping it reversed button + RT in 360 not sure what it is in ps3) or formation audible, it will borke up. FOr us flexbone users that have a play like the WB lead as our formation run audible, thats super bad karma.

but you can correct this if you are in a truly balanced set. Flexbone Normal, Wishbone Wide, I.e on a flipped play no one moves. before you select you flipped audible, simply flip you initial play back its right direction and then do your flipped audible. A pain in the ass I know, but the flipped play worked every time, and I havent had any the Flexbone Normal plays borke up when either called initially flipped or changed via audible this way.

Wingbone sets yeah Borked to high hell as they are not balanced. but honestly EA has them so bantam weighted they are about as much run to use as swatting at flies with tiny fly swatters.

still a fun game just have to figure out its quirks never been a football game that I havent had to figure out answers to its flaws. Prolly never will be, too many variables in the coding to deal with to many variables.
    I am completely confused on your explanation

Is it just me or is the further along you get into your dynasty the harder it becomes to run the option? I am currently in Year 4 of my dynasty and the defense seems to be defensing the option better. I have a friend that is running a Nebraska Tom Osbourne era I Option and he is saying the same thing. Any of you guys experiencing the same thing

Ok I'm loving the flexbone, now that I have my playbook, and sliders where I want them, but I am so hoping they patch the issue that causes the camera to pan out on some WB sweep plays, and the flexbone no huddle issue. I know they patched last years no huddle issue so here's hoping they manage to fix this years issue as well.

Hey guys. Haven't bought the game yet. Waiting to see what happens after the first patch. Do you think it's viable to run a misdirection based offense out of the flex/wing formations. I would use only sweeps, tosses, dives, traps, stings, WB misdirection and the occasional midline. Can I do this and still run most of the time? Basically, I'm trying to create a Wing T esque offense but I would like to stay away from shotgun if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by pahsfootballrulez View Post
    Hey guys. Haven't bought the game yet. Waiting to see what happens after the first patch. Do you think it's viable to run a misdirection based offense out of the flex/wing formations. I would use only sweeps, tosses, dives, traps, stings, WB misdirection and the occasional midline. Can I do this and still run most of the time? Basically, I'm trying to create a Wing T esque offense but I would like to stay away from shotgun if at all possible.
    I think so, everything really works well this year in the flex. I can usually get through at game with AF, Army or navy with only having about 5-10 passes a game. I think the only play that is questionable this year in the option sets are the speed options, they really depend on the D's formation. But dives, sweeps, and misdirection a are pretty workable, and tosses as long as you run them at the right time can be big too.

I think so, everything really works well this year in the flex. I can usually get through at game with AF, Army or navy with only having about 5-10 passes a game. I think the only play that is questionable this year in the option sets are the speed options, they really depend on the D's formation. But dives, sweeps, and misdirection a are pretty workable, and tosses as long as you run them at the right time can be big too.
    Awesome. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Having trouble getting the Speed Sweeps to work. DE seems to penetrate upfield everytime so RB has to cut it up right into traffic.

If anyone is having trouble with running option because of quick pressure on QB I have found putting a TE in aslows that up and gives you a chance

Anyone seeing any difference in the different types of plays? ie speed sweep, speeds weep wk, toss , toss wk, TO Str, TO, TO Cntr Wk? I know in the past they haven't buy now that plays are blocked correctly I was just curious what other were seeing. If these are all esssently the same I could really trim my playbook.

Anyone seeing any difference in the different types of plays? ie speed sweep, speeds weep wk, toss , toss wk, TO Str, TO, TO Cntr Wk? I know in the past they haven't buy now that plays are blocked correctly I was just curious what other were seeing. If these are all esssently the same I could really trim my playbook.
    I haven't seen much of a difference really. There are a few opt. that don't allow a FB handoff and some Speed Options that are blocked FB away or playside but beyond that I haven't noticed anything

Anyone noticing that their RB's are stopping on tosses and option pitches when they catch the ball and then move like they are in molasses? I noticed it when I started a dynasty with Air Force. Has anyone noticed these issues after the patch or I wonder if it's my sliders? Also, my qb is awful at tossing the ball on Rocket out of the flex and wing.