Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flexbone Update?

• Facebook
  • Display
    ok after some more labbing I figured out why sometimes the automotion running plays arent working, at least I found a consistent reason.

if you flip a automotion running play, doesnt matter the set, flexbone ace, gun, pistol, mamma's carriage...

and then user(keeping it reversed button + RT in 360 not sure what it is in ps3) or formation audible, it will borke up. FOr us flexbone users that have a play like the WB lead as our formation run audible, thats super bad karma.

but you can correct this if you are in a truly balanced set. Flexbone Normal, Wishbone Wide, I.e on a flipped play no one moves. before you select you flipped audible, simply flip you initial play back its right direction and then do your flipped audible. A pain in the ass I know, but the flipped play worked every time, and I havent had any the Flexbone Normal plays borke up when either called initially flipped or changed via audible this way.

Wingbone sets yeah Borked to high hell as they are not balanced. but honestly EA has them so bantam weighted they are about as much run to use as swatting at flies with tiny fly swatters.

still a fun game just have to figure out its quirks never been a football game that I havent had to figure out answers to its flaws. Prolly never will be, too many variables in the coding to deal with to many variables.

ok Wingbone WB Misdirection is totally buggered, when they changed the HB alignment to fit with the wishbone wide one, they neglected to change the auto motion of the wing back, and so now... yeah your wingback bumps into your HB every damn time. but they fixed the I form and wishbone so they work with flexbone and wingbone now the FB is where he should be when you audible around the sets. which helps a bunch. those folks that want to use a TE based option offense can use all the sets in I, Mary, Power, Flex, Wing and Wish.

I have also gone to using the personnel grouping way to call plays as it gives me my three groupings 10, 20, 30 without an issue, and the formations are in a logical order.

I played with Army last night and had no problem running the misdirection or the counter from any of the wingbone formations.

are you audibling to them? or calling them from the huddle? are you audibling from say flexbone normal to them, when you do that for me they get really stupid, and the Split Wing version seem to be ok.

The main problems I have had are with the Normal versions, total borkage, using different teams, using different game and run threshold speeds, unless I call them in the huddle.

I mean I can see it might be user to user depending on personnel and how you employ them, but they sure didnt work for me, in my system that relies heavily on audibling into the formation and play more than straight calling it.

Hey guys, just signed up. It seems the flexbone blocking is a bit better this year, which makes me happy. Being an Army fan, I use them exclusively and am working on a customer PB. I noticed some bugs with some of the wingbone plays, specifically:

Wingbone normal - triple opt weak
    Wingbone trips over - triplw opt cntr
    Wingbone split x - triple opt weak

These plays all do NOT have a read for the B back. The blocking picks up everyone and only gives you a pitch read. Not sure why, I thought maybe it was just a error and the DE would be unblocked, maybe just not showing the <R> icon over his head. Turns out everyone on the Dline is blocked, no dive read at all. Pretty much the Dline strings the play out since you can't really cut up.

Can someone else double check to confirm? I tried vs every possible front in practice mode.

Quote Originally Posted by aspengc8 View Post
    Wingbone split x - triple opt weak
    Can someone else double check to confirm? I tried vs every possible front in practice mode.
    This also happens to me every time I call it. I thought they designed it like that, because when I ran it last year I pretty much never had to give it to the FB.

Finally got to play a little with the flex. Midline just went from my setup play like it was last year, to my homerun play! WOW! I stopped using it against the CPU because it started to feel cheesy after multiple 80 yard runs. Is this the case for everyone, or was it just luck, settings, or who I was playing, etc? (I think this was with FSU dynasty game vs Pitt and NUT with starter team, which I think was on varsity for the solo challenge... so that might have made things easier)

Having a tough time running the FB. The DE is almost always crashing down so my FB does not get much work inside.
    Also Speed and Load options out of Flex rarely work. The penetration from the DE leaves my QB with nowhere to run

use the FB Dive, Trap, Sting and Draw to get him more touches. you run those a few times then the De crashes less on the triples.

the Speed and Loads yeah not as much luck though I have a bit more with the load str since its a misdirection/constraint play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligerborn View Post
    use the FB Dive, Trap, Sting and Draw to get him more touches. you run those a few times then the De crashes less on the triples.

the Speed and Loads yeah not as much luck though I have a bit more with the load str since its a misdirection/constraint play.
    Thanks for the advice. I really need to use my FB more so this should help

and remember you can motion the slots in FB Sting so you can in head to head games mess with the D by motioning the playside Slot. giving you another misdirection play.

I used it to good success last night against a buddy. (non Online, dual screens though)

I have my offense whittled to what I want. A whole lot of what will work nope that sucked, but haven't changed my playbook for 5 days now. And the base offense has been in place for 8. I I will get to finishing up the writeup this week.

My team is 2-6 because my defense cannot stop anybody but using my Spread Bone, Flexbone based offense, is #2 rushing in the NCAA. My offense moves the ball but turnovers at the worst times kill me, that and an inconsistent kicker.

I use the Flexbone as my primary offense, Wingbone, Wishbone, Pistol Flexbone and a couple of Shotgun sets.

BTW, is there a good Shotgun Trips formation for running options?

by trips do you mean 4 wr trips? nope... they by and large suck, there is some motion plays for triple but the automotion is retarded looking and the one with good rocket motion doesnt have another plays make the D not guess the play.

now in Trips and Trio with a TE there are some motion triple option, but still to me too limited compared to Spread Offset and Spread Flex.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellW65 View Post
    My team is 2-6 because my defense cannot stop anybody but using my Spread Bone, Flexbone based offense, is #2 rushing in the NCAA. My offense moves the ball but turnovers at the worst times kill me, that and an inconsistent kicker.

I use the Flexbone as my primary offense, Wingbone, Wishbone, Pistol Flexbone and a couple of Shotgun sets.

BTW, is there a good Shotgun Trips formation for running options?
    I use split offset its a beast! Plus you have to two backs plus If you got a mobile QB. You have a three headed rushing attack.
    Last edited by johntom2000; 07-25-2013 at 03:55 AM.

trips offset... and trio offset... both have the good inside trap play along with solid triple options

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the Shotgun Trips suggestions guys. I will look into them.

Quote Originally Posted by johntom2000 View Post
    I use split offset its a beast! Plus you have to books plus If you got a mobile QB. You have a three headed rushing attack.
    THIS!

I posted this in another thread and nobody really commented on it "IMO, SG Split Y Offset is (one of) the best Shotgun run formations in NCAA 14"

Its really tuff to stop and has some good PA plays as well

Finished my first season as HC of Teambuilder Georgia Southern with a 3-9 record. Finished 2nd in the NCAA in rushing. Main problem was defense and turnovers. Did have a recruiting class rated 61st in the NCAA though so talent upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by uf83198 View Post
    THIS!

I posted this in another thread and nobody really commented on it "IMO, SG Split Y Offset is (one of) the best Shotgun run formations in NCAA 14"

ITA. It is great. I use it and SG Spread OFFSET in my Flexbone-driven offense. I use my FB in the place of my TE

Quote Originally Posted by uf83198 View Post
    THIS!

LOL I had to edit my orginal comment when I saw books instead of backs. I will have to look at this. I saw you put this before. I like the offset because the RB's are one step foward then the QB. Making it a quicker handoff.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellW65 View Post
    ITA. It is great. I use it and SG Spread OFFSET in my Flexbone-driven offense. I use my FB in the place of my TE
    I do this If I have a good fast TE. Plus I use HB Slot for jetsweeps/motion option plays.