Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flexbone Update?

• Facebook
  • Display
    No new plays but it all feels new. The blocking is so different. The fb trap is very good. The pulling linemen do a much better job. U can use the new burst to get outtside much easier on tosses which I never used before. The wb dives work. The midlines are blocked much better and both the back and qb are both running options now. Speed sweeps are very viable and not just when u cut up early. All of the passes are much better and even the option passes work pretty good. I cant say its all correct or even that I will like in long term but just being different and all plays working its much more fun. I havent had success with the flex and wingbone counter. Thats all though. I find options into the twins or trips sides are too cluttered most of time for any good gain. I didnt take a single run play outta my flexbone playbook after a few hours in practice except counter and two passes. They seemed to fix the bad animation on roll outs to the qbs off hand which helps timing a lot on olayaction from these sets.

Aren't the Speed Options with the FB going the other way new? I don't remember the false key being in other than WB Toss.

The one problem I have with my NCAA game in Flexbone is the Trap Option. So how do you all handle the Trap Option? Do you predetermine handoff/option? Do you read it and if so how?

there are two new plays in flexbone normal Midline Triple and Tr Option Pass
    You can see them both in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R8anCXktNM

Midline Triple at 25:44
    Tr Option Pass at 26:09

Also the Pistol Formation have 2 Flexbone sets, Slot and Trips can see them at 47:00

And not sure on this one but this year the wishbone sets the HBs are in 3 point stance and look to be closer to the LOS than I remember them in a 2 point stance. You can see that in the army - navy video.

also I looks like in the Trips Left Set the Slot Corner route is now a true Corner instead of a Post Corner. So gives us a Smash play out of Trips again. Will know more when I get off work and get to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Knee View Post
    No new plays but it all feels new. The blocking is so different. The fb trap is very good. The pulling linemen do a much better job. U can use the new burst to get outtside much easier on tosses which I never used before. The wb dives work. The midlines are blocked much better and both the back and qb are both running options now. Speed sweeps are very viable and not just when u cut up early. All of the passes are much better and even the option passes work pretty good. I cant say its all correct or even that I will like in long term but just being different and all plays working its much more fun. I havent had success with the flex and wingbone counter. Thats all though. I find options into the twins or trips sides are too cluttered most of time for any good gain. I didnt take a single run play outta my flexbone playbook after a few hours in practice except counter and two passes. They seemed to fix the bad animation on roll outs to the qbs off hand which helps timing a lot on olayaction from these sets.
    How are the WB tosses this year? Are they actual tosses or just handoff extensions like 13?

The flexbone is sweet. The read happens really fast so you have to be ready to read like now. The WB Tosses are true tosses. Speed Sweeps can be taken to the outside instead of always cutting it up. Trap Option is a good play this year.
    Not ready to start my dynasty have to keep repping

Quote Originally Posted by The Knee View Post
    My Counters work really well. Just can't overuse them. Popped one for a 40 yard TD run.

So I began building my CPB today and this is what I have so far (still being built):
    FLEXBONE--all formations except one Trips set and one Slot set
    PISTOL FLEXBONE
    WINGBONE
    SHOTGUN SPREAD OFFSET--if you have heard about football coach Tony DeMeo this really looks like his Shotgun Triple offense (Once season starts the WR's in slots will be replaced by RB's)
    SHOTGUN F OVER TWINS
    WISHBONE

Quote Originally Posted by johntom2000 View Post
    Have you notice that plays. Like the speed sweep out of the flexbone normal you can't run it flipped.
    I saw where you mentioned this before and I had to think. I haven't noticed it but I will check on it here in a bit.
    When you say it doesn't work when flipped do you mean the AI won't let you flip it or the play gets blown up when flipped?

Be back with what I find.

EDIT: I see what you mean but I found that almost every play in non-flappable. Is that a word? I think the reason is almost every play has a predetermined, presnap motion so it makes flipping impossible.
    Last edited by RussellW65; 07-10-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Have you notice that plays. Like the speed sweep out of the flexbone normal you can't run it flipped. An triple option passes only can be ran on the wide side of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellW65 View Post
    I saw where you mentioned this before and I had to think. I haven't noticed it but I will check on it here in a bit.
    When you say it doesn't work when flipped do you mean the AI won't let you flip it or the play gets blown up when flipped?

Be back with what I find.

EDIT: I see what you mean but I found that almost every play in non-flappable. Is that a word? I think the reason is almost every play has a predetermined, presnap motion so it makes flipping impossible.
    You on ps3? If you or we can play a game actually show you what I am talking about.

You on ps3? If you or we can play a game actually show you what I am talking about.
    Sorry I am on XBOX. Try this, run a FB Sting (no motion run) and flip it and see if it works. Then try a play with automatic motion and I bet it want flip. I think the automatic motion is the problem=

Quote Originally Posted by RussellW65 View Post
    Sorry I am on XBOX. Try this, run a FB Sting (no motion run) and flip it and see if it works. Then try a play with automatic motion and I bet it want flip. I think the automatic motion is the problem=
    ya, alot of the auto motion plays is the problem.

ya, alot of the auto motion plays is the problem.
    Thought so. Only thing you can do is make sure you have plays going either way in formation audibles.

I had to drop the SHOTGUN F OVER TWINS from my playbook because I just didn't have the room. Might adapt later. Use WISHBONE TIGHT and FLEXBONE TIGHT for my goalline

on 360 AA level here, but I havent had any issues with flipping plays in flexbone sets. wingbone yeah had issues with the speed sweep, hb counter, and I dont like that they have froze the pitch man where you cant motion them.

I have had the line blow up a flipped WB Dive in Normal a couple times and one of the load options in Close is farked up.

Oh I use Speed Sweep WK so maybe something is borked with the one that is to the strong side.

I havent see any issues with the Option Passes either....

The fact that option routes (Run n Shoot 60 Go/Choice) can be flipped and not screw up along is HUGE!!!

but by and Large have had no issues with it. I run the game on very slow and have he speed differential set to 50. also I am playing using the coordinator cam.

My custom playbook is in stage 2 for the happiest Shootbone offense I have had in a long while.

Base is Eastern Michigan's cause its the one back one I was able to get to work in formation order I wanted.
    Flexbone - Normal, Trips Left & Right, Tackle Over
    Ace - Spread, Trips 4Wr
    Pistol - Spread, Flexbone Trips, Trips 4Wr
    Shotty - Spread, Spread HB Wk, Spread Offset, Trips, Trips HB Wk, Split Y Offset, Split Slot, F Twins Over.
    Running about 150 plays.
    Last edited by Ligerborn; 07-11-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Well I just spent 2 hours working on my custom PB and some how I got I-form Triple Option Pass which I thought was sweet btw. The formation audblies having to save and go see what you have to take out to hoping to get the plays you want is a real pain. My is basically done. You know its bad when you got a notebook writting down notes. As for the flexbone, I think when go no huddle with it from a different formation to the Flexbone the alignment is wrong but, when I pick it from a normal play I dont have that much trouble with it. I hope they patch this with patch #2 but I doubt it. They are so many broken plays this year. Its sad to pay $60+ for half done plays and features.

I tried some no huddle last night, and yeah things do get messed a bit, not sure why but yeah it the A backs dont line up right, and make some plays borked. But under normal huddle I have been fine, well except for wingbone, way too much crap not to my liking in those sets. and sadly Wishbone Wide is too limited. so under further refinement.

Hopefully I can get some sort of a playbook put together to share. waiting on Oneback to get his new site up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligerborn View Post
    I tried some no huddle last night, and yeah things do get messed a bit, not sure why but yeah it the A backs dont line up right, and make some plays borked. But under normal huddle I have been fine, well except for wingbone, way too much crap not to my liking in those sets. and sadly Wishbone Wide is too limited. so under further refinement.

Hopefully I can get some sort of a playbook put together to share. waiting on Oneback to get his new site up.
    Havent gotten to play yet, but how are the pistol flexbone sets? Do they add anything to the mix?

yeah they do, I am not a fan of the Slot sets, in flexbone or the pistol version...

I like either a trips set or a balanced set where flipping usually goes unnoticed. I'm in a balanced set 80% of the time so off that I wished they had done a Normal Pistol Flexbone.

Saying that I use the Trips set quite a bit, I like the plays a lot, all are pretty useable. My fav is the 4 verts where i can hot route to go, choice or a flat route Slide play. and in the right situation, the triple and the shovel can be deadly. about the only play I havent used much is the inside Zone with the A back blockin the backside. as you cant flip it.

All in all enjoying the game a lot something I havent been able to say in a good number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligerborn View Post

Finally somebody else see what I see when it coming to running the flexbone.