Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flexbone Update?

• Facebook
  • Display

Flexbone Update?

So I know that the option in general got a facelift, and I've seen some of the new plays in the demo, but have we heard if the flexbone or any of the true triple option formations received any attention?

Great question my fellow Flexer. I am dying to know if it has been updated at all. Wish we knew.
    From what I saw from the Army/Navy video looks like they might have added some Pistol.

I don't know any specifics but my assumption is that there are no new plays. I fully expect it to run better based on changes to blocking and such but I wouldn't expect any new toys out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I don't know any specifics but my assumption is that there are no new plays. I fully expect it to run better based on changes to blocking and such but I wouldn't expect any new toys out of it.
    If they just add Pistol Flexbone I will be happy

I would love to run the flexbone this year. However, I have two big issues. One being I don't know if I will have time or enough friends list players to be able to steer away from online ranked. Which means run commit. If its anything like it was in 13 which from the demo I think its similar, it makes the under center run offense a pain. Especially against users who are smart enough to mix up run commit and keep you in fear of it the whole game.

The next issue is I love to use unbalanced sets to gain numbers advantage against the defense. The problem with the flexbone is I can't flip plays from unbalanced sets. Some of it because you just don't have a wing back to each side so you can't flip a triple option play.

But a lot of the time you get locked into going into one direction and hoping you guessed right prior to calling the play, or you could end up running into the teeth of the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by FanoftheGame101 View Post
    I would love to run the flexbone this year. However, I have two big issues. One being I don't know if I will have time or enough friends list players to be able to steer away from online ranked. Which means run commit. If its anything like it was in 13 which from the demo I think its similar, it makes the under center run offense a pain. Especially against users who are smart enough to mix up run commit and keep you in fear of it the whole game.

The next issue is I love to use unbalanced sets to gain numbers advantage against the defense. The problem with the flexbone is I can't flip plays from unbalanced sets. Some of it because you just don't have a wing back to each side so you can't flip a triple option play.

But a lot of the time you get locked into going into one direction and hoping you guessed right prior to calling the play, or you could end up running into the teeth of the defense.
    I understand what you are saying regarding the unbalanced sets but the Flexbone is based on balance. If you stay in the regular sets most of the time and use Formation audibles you can attack the defense where you have them outnumbered. Love the Flexbone but there are limits to it. OTOH it has advantages other offenses don't so you have to adjust.

I am probably a little different when it comes to running the Flexbone in the fact I throw the ball 20 times a game. Doing that keeps the defense from overloading the box---passing helps the running, running helps the passing.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellW65 View Post
    I understand what you are saying regarding the unbalanced sets but the Flexbone is based on balance. If you stay in the regular sets most of the time and use Formation audibles you can attack the defense where you have them outnumbered. Love the Flexbone but there are limits to it. OTOH it has advantages other offenses don't so you have to adjust.

I am probably a little different when it comes to running the Flexbone in the fact I throw the ball 20 times a game. Doing that keeps the defense from overloading the box---passing helps the running, running helps the passing.
    I love the fact that the flexbone normal formation with wing back motion always give you a 1/2 man avantage playside.

I just feel like when I play the game I just end up staying in flexbone normal the whole game running the same plays over and over. I guess that not to bad and I could mix up flexbone close, and some of the heavier balanced sets Maybe I'll try.

Its just online ranked and run committing can make that offense a complete nightmare to run. But that's any run heavy offense.

Quote Originally Posted by FanoftheGame101 View Post
    I love the fact that the flexbone normal formation with wing back motion always give you a 1/2 man avantage playside.

I just feel like when I play the game I just end up staying in flexbone normal the whole game running the same plays over and over. I guess that not to bad and I could mix up flexbone close, and some of the heavier balanced sets Maybe I'll try.

Its just online ranked and run committing can make that offense a complete nightmare to run. But that's any run heavy offense.
    I think what get's lost with the Flexbone sometimes is that yes it is a 4 RB formation but it is also a 4 WR formation. have always felt if I have 4 WR's why not use them? If you do throw it will keep the box manageable. But as for your earlier post about running unbalanced sets, you can do that in the Flexbone. Use the Twins Over set and have your formation audibles set to run option either way. And you can always add the Wingbone and Wishbone to give different looks

The one problem play I have is the Trap Option. I have a horrible time getting that play to work

Recruit
    Ft Walton Beach...soon to be back in Tennessee
    EA said they spent a lot of time studying Air Force, so I would expect the Flex to be closer to real life as in more carries for the FB. I just hope the the Defense responds in kind and allows outside runs to be set up properly; either way I am excited to find tomorrow.

They added a midline triple option in navys playbook. The midline its self is better its just a lot harder to run the option undercenter it seems like.

There are a couple of threads with people answering questions about the game and so far nobody has answered the Flexbone questions. probably means there are no updates or additions. After watching the Navy video from E3 I was hoping for maybe some Pistol Flexbone but looks like no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin66 View Post
    They added a midline triple option in navys playbook. The midline its self is better its just a lot harder to run the option undercenter it seems like.
    They had a midline type play last year with the QB/FB Option. Are you saying they now have added the option to that play?

There are a couple of threads with people answering questions about the game and so far nobody has answered the Flexbone questions. probably means there are no updates or additions. After watching the Navy video from E3 I was hoping for maybe some Pistol Flexbone but looks like no dice.
    Just got confirmed at OS that they are 2 pistol flexbone formations in ncaa 14!

Quote Originally Posted by johntom2000 View Post
    Just got confirmed at OS that they are 2 pistol flexbone formations in ncaa 14!
    Yea saw some video. Go to the Retail Photo and Video thread.

They had a midline type play last year with the QB/FB Option. Are you saying they now have added the option to that play?
    Yes its just like the triple option you just read the 3 tech. Or the 5 tech in a odd front.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin66 View Post
    Yes its just like the triple option you just read the 3 tech. Or the 5 tech in a odd front.
    Do you remember what it is called? I don't remember seeing it in the videos.

it will be under pistol as pistol flexbone

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Do you remember what it is called? I don't remember seeing it in the videos.
    Midline triple

I saw that there was a midline zone read in VT'd book and you read the DT, I'm just hoping that all the blocking is correct in the flex this year. Even though they didn't add any new plays, I just hope the plays actually work this year.