Thread: A Bit Of Confusion

• Facebook
  • Display

A Bit Of Confusion

Sorry if this has been asked already, but considering that the TeamBuilder site just launched for NCAA Football 14 I figured I would ask. Within the logos several of the FCS are selectable. I have rarely looked through the logos on TeamBuilder, and was wondering if this was any indication that teams like Stephen F. Austin State University will be in the game, or only by creation within TeamBuilder?

There are no fcs teams in the game (outside of the generics like fcs east...). The only way to add them is by teambuilder. Sadly though, if you create an fcs team you have to remove an fbs team. I have wanted to see fcs since last gen but clearly this is something that EA/Tiburon sees no value in.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    There are no fcs teams in the game (outside of the generics like fcs east...). The only way to add them is by teambuilder. Sadly though, if you create an fcs team you have to remove an fbs team. I have wanted to see fcs since last gen but clearly this is something that EA/Tiburon sees no value in.
    Thanks for the clarification. I just don't get why they don't add in the FCS teams, it adds so much more to the game IMO.

I agree 100% but we are in the minority. My only hope at this point is that the PS4 will see the return of this feature. However, EA dropped the FCS license last year so it doesn't look like fcs will be returning anytime soon, if ever.

I agree 100% but we are in the minority. My only hope at this point is that the PS4 will see the return of this feature. However, EA dropped the FCS license last year so it doesn't look like fcs will be returning anytime soon, if ever.
    *sigh* I didn't know they did that. Yeah we may never see it again as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPete7978 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. I just don't get why they don't add in the FCS teams, it adds so much more to the game IMO.
    they say in part that's team builder is for people that want some lower division schools. But you can of course take creation further then that.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    they say in part that's team builder is for people that want some lower division schools. But you can of course take creation further then that.
    Very true. I just need to find an updated roster now since I am having to create SFA..... They don't have their rosters updated on their main site.

I dunno if dropping the license is necessarily an indicator. Why keep it if you're not using it? If you want to use it, re-acquire it.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    But what EA needs to do to let us really utlilize that is create 120+ generic FCS teams with 15 generic FCS conferences for us to swap teams with on the game, and add an FCS season and 20-team playoff.

Then, they need to add (among other things on Teambuilder) a stadium creator and conference creator. Let the gaming community create the teams, just give us the tools to do it.