Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Playbooks Site Information

• Facebook
  • Display
    So, I grossly underestimated the amount of time it would take as I'm still entering team playbook information for NCAA 13. I'm making good progress each day however it still takes about 30 min per playbook. At the rate I'm going the site should be up and running this weekend as there is a few minor items I need to clean up first.

In comparing NCAA 13 and NCAA 14 plays not a lot changed, so I'll be coping the NCAA 13 plays over to NCAA 14 and filling in the blanks, this way everyone can use the site as a reference while I enter NCAA 14 playbooks.

I apologize for the delay - hopefully the wait will be worth it.

Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    This shows you how long I've been out of the loop, when did Utopia go away? When I click on my bookmark it takes me to OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligerborn View Post
    about 6 months ago

ther is a new Utopia though... but it is mainly the same issues as before only aggrandized...
    I was the same way. I got busy and stopped playing NCAA last year. With the release coming up, I went looking to freshen up on Ligerborn's Shootbone and about cried when I couldn't find it! I had this site bookmarked only because there were a few references from Utopia to this site, and I am thinking this might be my new home for Xs and Os. Between the new playbook site and this forum... hopefully I can get my act together and play some decent football!

I am working on a new Shootbone writeup, will be a pdf this time available at multiple places so it doesnt get lost or broken cause the pic links no longer work due to a dead site. I am hoping to have it ready end of the month.

Oneback,
    A couple of years ago you posted a scheme to use with Alabama when Jim McElwain was the offensive coordinator. I am thinking NCAA 2011 was the platform being used at the time. Is there a possibility you still have that scheme or could you point me in the direction on the internet where it is. The scheme was very successful online. Thanks in advance.

AlabamaFan1973

Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaFan1973 View Post
    Oneback,
    A couple of years ago you posted a scheme to use with Alabama when Jim McElwain was the offensive coordinator. I am thinking NCAA 2011 was the platform being used at the time. Is there a possibility you still have that scheme or could you point me in the direction on the internet where it is. The scheme was very successful online. Thanks in advance.

AlabamaFan1973
    It was on Utopia - I don't have it on my computer anymore unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligerborn View Post
    I am working on a new Shootbone writeup, will be a pdf this time available at multiple places so it doesnt get lost or broken cause the pic links no longer work due to a dead site. I am hoping to have it ready end of the month.
    I assume you had those links to the old playbooks site, which was moved in august of last year when I took over - it will move one final time but should be up by this weekend.

Thanks for all the hard work Oneback! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I assume you had those links to the old playbooks site, which was moved in august of last year when I took over - it will move one final time but should be up by this weekend.
    yeah the main links I have and got its was all the pick links inside the write up that got daunting, and by that point I was so discouraged with the game that I just didnt try to change them. There was prolly well over 200 pic links in the writeups, that when things changed servers were broken.

So this time I will do the writeup as a pdf and post that in the writeup section of the new site. as well as other communities, Of course it wouldnt be possible with out the hard work done by yourself and previously will and others for the images.

The playbooks site is up at simsports.net. I've only got the NCAA 13 plays displaying right now, however I'm about 80-85% done with entering NCAA 14 plays and should be done early this upcoming week. I've only got a third of the NCAA 13 team playbooks inputted thus far, however after registering for the site you're free to start moving your NCAA 13 playbooks over and browsing the site - if you choose a default team playbook that hasn't been loaded yet you'll have to enter all the formations/plays manually until I finish getting all the playbooks in.

Additionally, things are functional, however I still have a laundry list for things I'm working on.

Thanks for your patience while I continue to work on the site.

Best,

Oneback

The playbooks site is up at simsports.net. I've only got the NCAA 13 plays displaying right now, however I'm about 80-85% done with entering NCAA 14 plays and should be done early this upcoming week. I've only got a third of the NCAA 13 team playbooks inputted thus far, however after registering for the site you're free to start moving your NCAA 13 playbooks over and browsing the site - if you choose a default team playbook that hasn't been loaded yet you'll have to enter all the formations/plays manually until I finish getting all the playbooks in.

Additionally, things are functional, however I still have a laundry list for things I'm working on.

Thanks for your patience while I continue to work on the site.

Best,

Oneback
    Thank you sir for your time and effort in moving this over. I can't imagine the amount of time it's taking, there must be a lot of things to type in.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    Thank you sir for your time and effort in moving this over. I can't imagine the amount of time it's taking, there must be a lot of things to type in.

Thanks again!
    Thank you very musch - there has been just a little bit, no biggie though, I used the old site all the time and couldn't fathom seeing it die which is why I offered to take it over.

thanks oneback I will be using it for sure.

All of the NCAA 14 plays have been uploaded and NCAA 14 is now active on SimSports.net. Just a reminder that I will be going through and double checking all of my work so there may be some changes/plays misplaced, etc (hopefully not many). You're free to start making NCAA 14 custom playbooks, however since none of the team playbooks have been inputted you will need to build your playbook from scratch until all the team playbooks are inputted.

All of the NCAA 14 plays have been uploaded and NCAA 14 is now active on SimSports.net. Just a reminder that I will be going through and double checking all of my work so there may be some changes/plays misplaced, etc (hopefully not many). You're free to start making NCAA 14 custom playbooks, however since none of the team playbooks have been inputted you will need to build your playbook from scratch until all the team playbooks are inputted.

Outstanding my man! Guys we don't just have a guy in "oneback" that works the Playbook site, we have a FOOTBALL GUY in "oneback" that works the Playbook site! What an outstanding job!

irish

Thank you very much!

can someone post a link to the new playbook site . I cant seem to find it

simsports.net

It looks like (and IS) a forum, but there is a link at the top that says "Playbooks".
    http://www.simsports.net/showthread....books-tutorial

Why can't I view the playbook tab? I have setup and account, but tells me that I don't have permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
    Why can't I view the playbook tab? I have setup and account, but tells me that I don't have permission.
    You need to activate your account, when you registered you should have received and email with an activation link, click on the link and that should take care of the problem - if not let me know.