Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Playbooks Site Information

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Playbooks Site Information

On July 9th, possibly slightly before hand, the Playbooks site will be moving from playbooks.ncaaplaybook.com to www.simsports.net - I've redesigned and added a few more features which include Madden playbooks, playbook searches on both default and custom playbooks, the ability to see single play information and similar plays, as well as an intergrated forum. Future improvements will include a League Manager (much like League Daddy) which will archive data across game versions and give the ability to get previous seasons stats unlike the EA website, and a scouting application which will work much like a virtual coordinator. The League Manager and scouting application won't be available at launch as they are still in development however.

The bad news is that the database will not be moving over from this site, once simsport.net goes live please feel free to move any playbooks over from here as all the NCAA 13 data is currently being loaded, I will keep this site up and running until Jan 1, 2014 however I will not be adding the NCAA 14 data here.

Thank you,

Oneback

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    On July 9th, possibly slightly before hand, the Playbooks site will be moving from playbooks.ncaaplaybook.com to www.simsports.net - I've redesigned and added a few more features which include Madden playbooks, playbook searches on both default and custom playbooks, the ability to see single play information and similar plays, as well as an intergrated forum. Future improvements will include a League Manager (much like League Daddy) which will archive data across game versions and give the ability to get previous seasons stats unlike the EA website, and a scouting application which will work much like a virtual coordinator. The League Manager and scouting application won't be available at launch as they are still in development however.
    So will this be the next Utopia? and I like how you it says we will build something awesome,Lol
    The bad news is that the database will not be moving over from this site, once simsport.net goes live please feel free to move any playbooks over from here as all the NCAA 13 data is currently being loaded, I will keep this site up and running until Jan 1, 2014 however I will not be adding the NCAA 14 data here.

Thank you,

Oneback
    So will this be the next Utopia? and I like how you it says we will build something awesome,Lol

Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
    I don't know that it will be the next Utopia - when I took over the playbooks site last year I had a lot of ideas on how to improve the site and items I wish that were available for Powerhouse OD, so I set out to create them and needed a place to put it all.

nice work bro... appreciate the work

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I don't know that it will be the next Utopia - when I took over the playbooks site last year I had a lot of ideas on how to improve the site and items I wish that were available for Powerhouse OD, so I set out to create them and needed a place to put it all.

You have done a great job oneback, we appreciate everything you have to offer to the community.

One back let me know if there's is anything I can do to help. I know that a lot of work needs to get done to get the all the playbook art work for all the teams. I know that not all playbook art was up for every tesm last yeae

Thanks for all of the effort you've put into this site. It's great to see that it's going to be better than ever.

I miss ncaastrategies like u don't know!

Just a little update, I'm running behind entering all the play data from NCAA 13, hoping to catch up by the end of the weekend and launch the site on July 9th, if there are snags I see EOD Wednesday, maybe early Thursday before the site launches. I'll start entering NCAA 14 data hardcore on the 11th as I took that Thursday and Friday off.

Can't wait Oneback! As a former Utopia lurker when I first started playing NCAA, I can't wait to see this . Perhaps then I'll finally be able to get away from using Google Cache results to read Utopia strategy content .

Utopia was a gem... just depressing for the most part outside of strategy talk...

OB let me know if you need anything from me to help

Oneback, looking forward to the new site, if you need any help let me know....

yes GG it was a gem.... Pretty much unbearable now....

Thanks guys - unfortunately I'm running alittle bit behind as I didn't have as much free time as I thought I would over the weekend. I'm hoping to have the site live by EOD Thursday and the bulk of the data put in for NCAA 14 by EOD Sunday.

No worries Oneback. Good things come to those who wait .

Quote Originally Posted by jolson88 View Post
    No worries Oneback. Good things come to those who wait .
    Well said.

Sent via Tapatalk

Tell that to the people waiting for rosters. They could take a lesson from you two gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Tell that to the people waiting for rosters. They could take a lesson from you two gentlemen.
    I know. You have to learn sometime though. I feel like waiting for rosters is more of a blessing in disguise because I get to test out a bunch of stuff without knowing I can start my dynasty now.

Sent via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GBRNation View Post
    I know. You have to learn sometime though. I feel like waiting for rosters is more of a blessing in disguise because I get to test out a bunch of stuff without knowing I can start my dynasty now.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Yep. I'm running test dynasties for now working on sliders with my dynasty team, and trying to relearn recruiting and build new methods since my old methods are completely unusable with the new changes. So rosters don't make the least bit of difference to me right now. It's a nice place to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    Utopia was a gem... just depressing for the most part outside of strategy talk...

OB let me know if you need anything from me to help
    This shows you how long I've been out of the loop, when did Utopia go away? When I click on my bookmark it takes me to OS.

about 6 months ago

ther is a new Utopia though... but it is mainly the same issues as before only aggrandized...