Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: cnballard05321's strategy videos

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Yep, been complaining about the professor for awhile now to no avail . That is okay though as I am now more amused than ticked and will enjoy the trolling
    Here is what amuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by cnballard05321 View Post
    Thank you guys for being respectful with your criticism as I can see why it is deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Here is what amuses me.

No doubt!!

In the meantime, at least until the professor sees fit to teach us again...........I present the 10 hour extended version of this classic

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Not trying to troll, but your big new tip of the day is picking a pass play you like, sit there hot routing every single receiver to something different from their original routes, sit there moving players back and forth all over the place (you do realize there is a play clock in the actual game that would make half of what you spent multiple minutes doing impossible), all so you can break and then abuse the AI by fucking it up with multiple dumbass movements of receivers all over the field.
    \

This^^^

I have bitched about this till I am blue in the face with all of the "Let me see how much I can screw this play up wannabe's". I would like to know how many times these guys who feel they have to change every damn route with hot routing every receiver have actually decreased their chances of a successful play instead of improving it.

I watched a video on youtube the other day with some madden guru who wanted to share his formula for beating man coverage. The play, "MESH", we are off to a good start I thought, and then the wheels fell off as he proceeded to hot route every receiver AND HE DID AWAY WITH THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF THE PLAY! THE RUBBING OF THE RECEIVERS LOL!

Don't get me wrong I will hot route, but I place much more attention to detail with PROTECTION, PRE SNAP, and finally POST SNAP Reads. There are some great stock pass plays that many time I don't even touch like STICK, VERTICALS, CURL/FLAT, STRONG FLOOD, MESH, SMASH and of course Z SPOT. All of these plays can be run as is. Sure i Will Hot Route, but my ego is not so big that I feel I have to reroute every receiver every play, and I think often that many guys who will often do this actually do more harm to their offense than they do help it.

just my 2 cents

irish

Quote Originally Posted by irishfbfan1 View Post
    This^^^

I have bitched about this till I am blue in the face with all of the "Let me see how much I can screw this play up wannabe's". I would like to know how many times these guys who feel they have to change every damn route with hot routing every receiver have actually decreased their chances of a successful play instead of improving it.

I watched a video on youtube the other day with some madden guru who wanted to share his formula for beating man coverage. The play, "MESH", we are off to a good start I thought, and then the wheels fell off as he proceeded to hot route every receiver AND HE DID AWAY WITH THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF THE PLAY! THE RUBBING OF THE RECEIVERS LOL!

Don't get me wrong I will hot route, but I place much more attention to detail with PROTECTION, PRE SNAP, and finally POST SNAP Reads. There are some great stock pass plays that many time I don't even touch like STICK, VERTICALS, CURL/FLAT, STRONG FLOOD, MESH, SMASH and of course Z SPOT. All of these plays can be run as is. Sure i Will Hot Route, but my ego is not so big that I feel I have to reroute every receiver every play, and I think often that many guys who will often do this actually do more harm to their offense than they do help it.

just my 2 cents

irish
    Speaking of Stick and Z Spot, are there good tips out there on how to read the play? I don't feel like I have a read "system" in place yet so it always feels like blind luck when I make the read correctly and complete the pass. I also wish Mesh was more successful this year . Practically every time I try to run it this year (when it's man2man coverage), the routes gets mirrored so the defender is always one step ahead of my receivers. The rub also hasn't been that effective for me. And with the optional route (continue drag vs. sit), the WRs seem to always sit, even in M2M. .

The route mirroring has also taken away the effectiveness of Shallow Cross for me as well which is sad. When there is M2M coverage and I'm running Shallow Cross, I usually am passing to the HB more often than not (I primarily play against the CPU offline). Makes it a "meh" M2M beater.