Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAA 14 Demo sliders

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NCAA 14 Demo sliders

Heisman Off This is an absolute must if you want the CPU to be consistent on Offense. The playmakers shine on this setting
    Heisman Def Gives the greatest challenge while also not allowing the CPU players on my User team to play so brain dead
    Fast game speed The game of football is fast and decisions need to be made quick plus the animations play out quicker
    Speed threshold at 15 This gives some separation for those speed differences that are 10 or more
    Home field Adv On I like the missing WR icons and squiggly routes adds a challenge
    Ice Kicker Off Gimmick feature that doesn't work for me so I prefer it off

Penalties default except facemask 55, Def PI at 90, Clipping 55, Roughing the Kicker 10

User/CPU
    QB Acc 10/70 This helps keep the CPU passing game on full throttle and with 10 the User has occasional poor throws
    Pass Blk 25/25 This setting allows for more realistic pass protection and allows good pass rushers to shine
    WR Cth 40/40 College kids drop passes and this setting allows for the occasional drop especially after contact
    RB Ability 50/60 Default for the User allows for more break tackle animations and 60 gives more moves to the CPU ball handlers
    Run Blk 50/50 The default setting gives your lineman an occasional pancake block
    Pass Cov 60/60 I boosted it slightly because of how easy curls, ins, outs, drags, slants, and posts are to complete, the defenders need help
    Interceptions 30/30 Way too many Int's above 30 college defenders drop Int's even more than the pros do, but at 25 every Int is dropped
    Run Def 40/60 Slightly lowered to delay reaction of User defense and 60 CPU makes them react quicker on outside runs
    Tackling 30/30 Lowering this setting to bring down the unrealistic tackling ability of small DB's
    FG Power 25/25 Still can hit 55 yd FG's for powerful kickers
    FG Accuracy 0-100/40 No accuracy setting made a difference for the User, but 40 feels about right for CPU too low and they miss extra points
    Punt Power 50/55 Default for the User felt right and slight bump to the CPU to help them kick it deeper
    Punt Accuracy 90/90 I have at least not seen every punt bounce forward 20 yards with this setting
    Kickoff Power 50/50 Default is fine but didn't really notice any difference when I lowered it to try and get more returns

For those of us who like to play around with the sliders give them a try. Tweak them however you want but at least give the Pass Blocking sliders the adjustment they need to bring about a more realistic pass rush.

***EDIT*** For those that are having too much success running the ball
    After thoroughly dominating Alabama 250 yds rushing between VT QB and HB I need to tone down the rush offense for the User.
    User Running Back Ability change to 40 to decrease the ball carriers moves, break tackles, and speed a small amount
    User Run Blocking change to 40 to limit the length of the blocks a little
    CPU Run Defense change to 70 to help limit the consistent big run plays nearly every run I was getting 7+ yards

Volume Settings In order to get the crowd to sound more like a big time college football game on a fall Saturday
    Master Volume 100
    Play by Play Announcers 40
    PA Announcer 40
    Crowd 100
    On the Field Chatter 40

Making these changes during the pause menu at the start of the game really brings out the crowd. After making the changes simply un-pause the game and adjust the volume on your TV, Sound Bar, or Sound System in order to get Herbstreit and Nessler at a normal volume then the crowd sounds 1000X better, enjoy.
    Last edited by WolverineJay; 06-21-2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Minor adjustments for a tougher challenge and added volume settings to bring out the crowd

Thanks for taking the time to post them.

Your welcome. I figured some people would like to mess around with the sliders to keep the demo fresh over the next week or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    Heisman Off This is an absolute must if you want the CPU to be consistent on Offense. The playmakers shine on this setting
    Heisman Def Gives the greatest challenge while also not allowing the CPU players on my User team to play so brain dead
    Fast game speed The game of football is fast and decisions need to be made quick plus the animations play out quicker
    Speed threshold at 15 This gives some separation for those speed differences that are 10 or more
    Home field Adv On I like the missing WR icons and squiggly routes adds a challenge
    Ice Kicker Off Gimmick feature that doesn't work for me so I prefer it off

Penalties default except facemask 55, Def PI at 90, Clipping 55, Roughing the Kicker 10

User/CPU
    QB Acc 10/70 This helps keep the CPU passing game on full throttle and with 10 the User has occasional poor throws
    Pass Blk 25/25 This setting allows for more realistic pass protection and allows good pass rushers to shine
    WR Cth 40/40 College kids drop passes and this setting allows for the occasional drop especially after contact
    RB Ability 50/60 Default for the User allows for more break tackle animations and 60 gives more moves to the CPU ball handlers
    Run Blk 50/50 The default setting gives your lineman an occasional pancake block
    Pass Cov 60/60 I boosted it slightly because of how easy curls, ins, outs, drags, slants, and posts are to complete, the defenders need help
    Interceptions 30/30 Way too many Int's above 30 college defenders drop Int's even more than the pros do, but at 25 every Int is dropped
    Run Def 40/60 Slightly lowered to delay reaction of User defense and 60 CPU makes them react quicker on outside runs
    Tackling 30/30 Lowering this setting to bring down the unrealistic tackling ability of small DB's
    FG Power 25/25 Still can hit 55 yd FG's for powerful kickers
    FG Accuracy 0-100/40 No accuracy setting made a difference for the User, but 40 feels about right for CPU too low and they miss extra points
    Punt Power 50/55 Default for the User felt right and slight bump to the CPU to help them kick it deeper
    Punt Accuracy 90/90 I have at least not seen every punt bounce forward 20 yards with this setting
    Kickoff Power 50/50 Default is fine but didn't really notice any difference when I lowered it to try and get more returns

For those of us who like to play around with the sliders give them a try. Tweak them however you want but at least give the Pass Blocking sliders the adjustment they need to bring about a more realistic pass rush.
    you gonna make some when it comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
    you gonna make some when it comes out?
    I always work on sliders, but never really post them. From time to time I have PM my sliders to others on here and other sites like the old Utopia. I will try to post them in here when I get the game (not sure when that will be since I got expensive bills to pay in early July). I expect to get it by the end of the month though.

These are nice to play with thanks, hopefully they will still work without to many adjustments needed once the game is released.

Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    These are nice to play with thanks, hopefully they will still work without to many adjustments needed once the game is released.
    Thanks. I made an edit to my OP that helps tone down the User run game if you feel it is too successful. I also added my volume settings to bring out the crowd noise(really adds to the atmosphere).

did u have any sliders for 13 that you can post I still play and would like to see your work.

Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
    did u have any sliders for 13 that you can post I still play and would like to see your work.
    I sent you a couple private messages (pm) they contain the sliders that I used in NCAA 13.

Not to overtake your thread here Jay just thought I'd add another for people to mess around with and help tweak if they so desire to help the community.

Heisman
    Heisman
    Heisman
    On
    On
    On
    Fast
    On
    On
    57 offside
    59 false start
    58 holding
    57 facemask
    95 offensive pass interference
    95 defensive pass interference
    85 kr/pr interference
    57 clipping
    100 intentional grounding
    53 roughing the passer
    75 roughing the kicker
    15 QB accuracy
    25 pass blocking
    35 WR catching
    35 RB ability
    40 run blocking
    80 pass coverage
    25 interceptions
    65 rush defense
    60 tackling
    40 fg power
    30 fg accuracy
    40 punt power
    30 punt accuracy
    45 kickoff power
    20 QB accuracy
    35 pass blocking
    35 wr catching
    60 RB ability
    60 run blocking
    80 pass coverage
    25 interceptions
    70 rush defense
    60 tackling
    40 fg power
    40 fg accuracy
    40 punt power
    40 punt accuracy
    50 kickoff power

No problem psusnoop, not sure how many people are messing around with sliders in the demo but options is never a bad thing. I tried yours and they play pretty good with somewhat tighter coverage, and I had couple more face mask penalties and clipping calls but no other penalties during the game. I am really disappointed that penalty sliders really don't matter outside of face masking and clipping( holding doesn't get called even at 100 ).

After about twenty games I have come to the conclusion that the sliders are for the most part, noticeably unnoticeable. Here are a few examples.

All penalties at 100... seven penalties the entire game (versus four I just had with default sliders)
    Threshold at zero (on very slow). No major changes in speed differences between players
    Hum QB acc. set to 25... last game 16-21 211 yards and 1 td

I'm still 100% committed to getting this game but sliders don't appear as though they will add a lot to the game this year IMO. I really want to see sliders on steroids to demonstrate differences but EA/Tiburon doesn't take the same approach as I would like.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    After about twenty games I have come to the conclusion that the sliders are for the most part, noticeably unnoticeable. Here are a few examples.

All penalties at 100... seven penalties the entire game (versus four I just had with default sliders)
    Threshold at zero (on very slow). No major changes in speed differences between players
    Hum QB acc. set to 25... last game 16-21 211 yards and 1 td

I'm still 100% committed to getting this game but sliders don't appear as though they will add a lot to the game this year IMO. I really want to see sliders on steroids to demonstrate differences but EA/Tiburon doesn't take the same approach as I would like.
    The passing is disappointing, from your results. However, 7 penalties in 3-minute quarters is alot. I play 9-minute quarters which would translate to 21 penalties.

All of that said, realize that I have not played the demo yet.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

If I bumped up the roughing the passer by 2 points which is where I had it before I posted the CPU and myself had 13 roughing the passers. That's crazy you had them all at 100 and only got 7 penalties all game.

With that said, I will be putting out a revised set come tomorrow night around midnight est. roughly.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    If I bumped up the roughing the passer by 2 points which is where I had it before I posted the CPU and myself had 13 roughing the passers. That's crazy you had them all at 100 and only got 7 penalties all game.

With that said, I will be putting out a revised set come tomorrow night around midnight est. roughly.
    Yeah I thought that too. Maybe it's the style of gameplay? I am low tempo, pound the rock, long possessions. FYI I only noticed more roughing the passer after I dropped cpu pass block to 40.

Yeah I thought that too. Maybe it's the style of gameplay? I am low tempo, pound the rock, long possessions. FYI I only noticed more roughing the passer after I dropped cpu pass block to 40.
    It could be gameplay, I'm more aggressive on Defense which was probably the reason so I had to back mine down because of the timing of the pass/rush/penalty slider for my style. Which again makes it very hard to get a base set for everyone's liking because while you can possibly get a good set for yourself it may not translate to a good set for all. Not an easy task ever with sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    It could be gameplay, I'm more aggressive on Defense which was probably the reason so I had to back mine down because of the timing of the pass/rush/penalty slider for my style. Which again makes it very hard to get a base set for everyone's liking because while you can possibly get a good set for yourself it may not translate to a good set for all. Not an easy task ever with sliders.
    Yup, sliders are a very personal matter. What people want/like/expect/need vary greatly from person to person. What I usually do is create my own base set and then look at what others have done and then tinker to come up with what feels right for me.

Yup, sliders are a very personal matter. What people want/like/expect/need vary greatly from person to person. What I usually do is create my own base set and then look at what others have done and then tinker to come up with what feels right for me.
    This, plus I'll look at stats over a season and tweak based on trying to get "realistic" numbers based on real NCAA stats.

In my last two games I decided to change to "SLOW" from "very slow" and for the last three games I have moved the threshold to "0" (which I did in NCAA 11). Both games have been OSU vs Mich. I take back my previous statement about threshold not making a big difference... on SLOW it does (but not so much on very slow). As of right now when 14 release on season ticket I will be using "slow" and "0." I am seeing some good separation from players and you really can't risk a player getting into open space or it's over!

This is what I have been using for the last few games. I really like the feel of slow and zero threshold. I am continuing to tinker but I am getting a little closer to my comfort level. One tough issue is that each game plays so differently that it's tough to get a feel. As mentioned earlier, sliders are very personal and these may not work for you but I have been enjoying them thus far.

Offense: AA
    Defense: Heisman
    Camera: Coordinator
    Speed: SLOW
    Threshold: 0
    (crowd and field noise turned to 100)

PENALTIES
    offside 55
    false start 55
    holding 55
    facemask 55
    offensive pass int. 100
    defensive pass int. 100
    kr/pr int. 100
    clipping 55
    intentional grounding 100
    roughing the passer 54
    roughing the kicker 100

SLIDERS (HUM/CPU)
    QB acc. 25/30
    pass block 50/30
    wr catch 45/45
    rb ability 50/50
    pass covg. 70/50
    ints. 25/25
    rush d 55/55
    tackling 60/50
    fg power50/50
    fg accuracy 45/45
    punt power 50/55
    punt acc. 50/50
    kickoff power 50/50
    Last edited by jaymo76; 07-05-2013 at 09:03 PM.