Thread: NCAA 14 Demo sliders

• Facebook
  • Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NCAA 14 Demo sliders

Heisman Off This is an absolute must if you want the CPU to be consistent on Offense. The playmakers shine on this setting
    Heisman Def Gives the greatest challenge while also not allowing the CPU players on my User team to play so brain dead
    Fast game speed The game of football is fast and decisions need to be made quick plus the animations play out quicker
    Speed threshold at 15 This gives some separation for those speed differences that are 10 or more
    Home field Adv On I like the missing WR icons and squiggly routes adds a challenge
    Ice Kicker Off Gimmick feature that doesn't work for me so I prefer it off

Penalties default except facemask 55, Def PI at 90, Clipping 55, Roughing the Kicker 10

User/CPU
    QB Acc 10/70 This helps keep the CPU passing game on full throttle and with 10 the User has occasional poor throws
    Pass Blk 25/25 This setting allows for more realistic pass protection and allows good pass rushers to shine
    WR Cth 40/40 College kids drop passes and this setting allows for the occasional drop especially after contact
    RB Ability 50/60 Default for the User allows for more break tackle animations and 60 gives more moves to the CPU ball handlers
    Run Blk 50/50 The default setting gives your lineman an occasional pancake block
    Pass Cov 60/60 I boosted it slightly because of how easy curls, ins, outs, drags, slants, and posts are to complete, the defenders need help
    Interceptions 30/30 Way too many Int's above 30 college defenders drop Int's even more than the pros do, but at 25 every Int is dropped
    Run Def 40/60 Slightly lowered to delay reaction of User defense and 60 CPU makes them react quicker on outside runs
    Tackling 30/30 Lowering this setting to bring down the unrealistic tackling ability of small DB's
    FG Power 25/25 Still can hit 55 yd FG's for powerful kickers
    FG Accuracy 0-100/40 No accuracy setting made a difference for the User, but 40 feels about right for CPU too low and they miss extra points
    Punt Power 50/55 Default for the User felt right and slight bump to the CPU to help them kick it deeper
    Punt Accuracy 90/90 I have at least not seen every punt bounce forward 20 yards with this setting
    Kickoff Power 50/50 Default is fine but didn't really notice any difference when I lowered it to try and get more returns

For those of us who like to play around with the sliders give them a try. Tweak them however you want but at least give the Pass Blocking sliders the adjustment they need to bring about a more realistic pass rush.

***EDIT*** For those that are having too much success running the ball
    After thoroughly dominating Alabama 250 yds rushing between VT QB and HB I need to tone down the rush offense for the User.
    User Running Back Ability change to 40 to decrease the ball carriers moves, break tackles, and speed a small amount
    User Run Blocking change to 40 to limit the length of the blocks a little
    CPU Run Defense change to 70 to help limit the consistent big run plays nearly every run I was getting 7+ yards

Volume Settings In order to get the crowd to sound more like a big time college football game on a fall Saturday
    Master Volume 100
    Play by Play Announcers 40
    PA Announcer 40
    Crowd 100
    On the Field Chatter 40

Making these changes during the pause menu at the start of the game really brings out the crowd. After making the changes simply un-pause the game and adjust the volume on your TV, Sound Bar, or Sound System in order to get Herbstreit and Nessler at a normal volume then the crowd sounds 1000X better, enjoy.
    Last edited by WolverineJay; 06-21-2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Minor adjustments for a tougher challenge and added volume settings to bring out the crowd