Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4 (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    20% for being a prime member...
    Not in Canada anymore! I signed up for Prime to get the 20% and they dropped it about a month ago down to 10%. I'm probably not going to renew in November as a result. Shipping is fast near me although I will have to deal with minimum thresholds more. Not watching Prime TV at all either lately. The big thing was getting 20% off and that is gone.

While I'm still rotating multiple games, I'm getting back into this for a second playthrough. I was going to do a playthrough on PS4 using mods, since I already played vanilla with no mods once on Xbox One, but then I found out just how restricted mods are on PS4 due to Sony restrictions.

I was still able to find some really good mods on PS4, but then just looking in comparison, I found a lot of the same mods in addition to many superior and better mods on Xbox One thanks to them being able to use scripts and manipulate or change game files, which can't be done with PS4 mods

So ultimately going with a modded playthrough on Xbox One. I have basically completely overhauled the game with something like 60 mods active. Most of it is stuff like overhauling the settlement building menus, adding a ton of new things you can build in settlements, overhauled Warwick to fix the broken walkways, overhauled the weather to add new storms and other weather systems, made some changes to companions to improve them, added new settlement building options like new generators, guard posts, expanded the length of power lines, some unofficial patches and bug fixes, some new radio stations, made enemy AI smarter, improved the Pip Boy map, added some new weapons and made it so the hills around Sanctuary are a fuck ton full of Raiders (what a surprise I got leaving Vault 111 the first time, only to immediately come under fire from 5 or 6 Raiders), as well as a mod that makes settlement raids larger. So now settlement raids will be essentially an army of enemies attacking, exponentially larger than the base game settlement raids.

Also added 5 new enemy factions. One adds over 100 snipers to the game, a lot of them on top of overpasses and buildings. Another added new exotic enemies, one adds new deadly bosses, another, Last of the Jackals, uses the lore of the Jackals fleeing New Vegas and heading east, eventually running into the BoS in DC. Fleeing the BoS, the last remnants of the Jackals ends up settling into the Commonwealth as a new faction of enemies to fight.

Then there is the Tribals of the Commonwealth mod. Adds three new tribal based factions, similar to those found in past Fallout games, all with their own distinct identifying markings (specific colored face paint) and certain weapons. And holy shit are they tough! I ran into two or three white faced Tribals at the Red Rocket after first leaving Sanctuary, damn it was a battle. Took about 10 shotgun blasts to the face to kill each of them and 5 or 6 stimpaks to keep me alive. I fear of think of how tough they'll be as I get further into the game and level up.

Only made it to Concord, at the start of the street leading to the museum and the first meeting with the minutemen, when I called it a night Sunday night, but haven't had time to play since then. Hoping to put some more hours into this weekend.

Thankfully so far everything seems to be working. It took me two full days of tweaking and retweaking the load order in Excel to hopefully avoid any conflicts. Haven't had any problems so far so hopefully I got the load order right. Also was very careful to make sure mods didn't straight up conflict with each other in terms of affecting or altering the same thing or item in the game.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Granted it was over 6 months ago but I found a lot of the bigger mods would crash/glitch the game. I may need to try these out again.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Granted it was over 6 months ago but I found a lot of the bigger mods would crash/glitch the game. I may need to try these out again.
    Yeah, I've been keeping a close eye on any potential issues with the mods I'm using.

Listing the massive overhaul mods that change things that I'm using:

Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch (which is supposed to help fix some of the bugs and glitches and improve the base vanilla game).

Simple Seasons (I can change the color of the trees and grass to make it look like spring, summer or fall or I can enable the winter version and have snow on the ground).

True Storms: Wasteland Edition, which adds a bunch of new storms, radstorms, dust storms, rain, etc.

USO (Unlocked Settlement Objects), which completely redoes and reorganizes the settlement building menus and adds a ton of new things you can build in settlements.

UCO (Unified Clothing Overhaul), which overhauls clothing in the game as an all in one solution for customizing armor and clothing, greatly expanding your clothing customization options.

And Scrap That Settlement, which let's you scrap a crap ton of extra things in your settlements other than buildings, walls or setpieces).

Then I have a bunch of smaller mods that change minor things or one thing only.

If I get a chance, I can type up my list of mods I'm using and post the full load order that I'm using. I guess a lot of the issues when it comes to bugs and glitches with mods can possibly be due to load order, one mod might be conflicting with another mod.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, I've been keeping a close eye on any potential issues with the mods I'm using.

Listing the massive overhaul mods that change things that I'm using:

Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch (which is supposed to help fix some of the bugs and glitches and improve the base vanilla game).

Simple Seasons (I can change the color of the trees and grass to make it look like spring, summer or fall or I can enable the winter version and have snow on the ground).

True Storms: Wasteland Edition, which adds a bunch of new storms, radstorms, dust storms, rain, etc.

USO (Unlocked Settlement Objects), which completely redoes and reorganizes the settlement building menus and adds a ton of new things you can build in settlements.

UCO (Unified Clothing Overhaul), which overhauls clothing in the game as an all in one solution for customizing armor and clothing, greatly expanding your clothing customization options.

And Scrap That Settlement, which let's you scrap a crap ton of extra things in your settlements other than buildings, walls or setpieces).

Then I have a bunch of smaller mods that change minor things or one thing only.

If I get a chance, I can type up my list of mods I'm using and post the full load order that I'm using. I guess a lot of the issues when it comes to bugs and glitches with mods can possibly be due to load order, one mod might be conflicting with another mod.

Yes the load order for sure is a huge issue. I really liked the Boston Interiors mod where basically all interiors you could enter. However, it made things super glitchy. I also like the campfire mod where you could make settlements where you like but again it didn't always work as intended.

Yes the load order for sure is a huge issue. I really liked the Boston Interiors mod where basically all interiors you could enter. However, it made things super glitchy. I also like the campfire mod where you could make settlements where you like but again it didn't always work as intended.
    Yeah, I was really tempted to try out some of those mods, like the Boston interior and stuff, but knowing how much the risk of glitches and bugs are with certain mods, I stayed away from anything that allowed you to make settlements or scrap stuff anywhere in thevcommonwealth. And while I have the Boston Interiors mod downloaded, I left it disabled for now.

Yeah, I was really tempted to try out some of those mods, like the Boston interior and stuff, but knowing how much the risk of glitches and bugs are with certain mods, I stayed away from anything that allowed you to make settlements or scrap stuff anywhere in thevcommonwealth. And while I have the Boston Interiors mod downloaded, I left it disabled for now.

Have you tried the mods for Skyrim? I still haven't finished the game as I love the side quests but I hear there is some good stuff to be had there.

Have you tried the mods for Skyrim? I still haven't finished the game as I love the side quests but I hear there is some good stuff to be had there.
    I have not. I actually still have to pick up Skyrim for One/PS4. I had it back on 360, but never got it for current Gen. That is on my to do list, pick up Skyrim GOTY for current Gen.

I have not. I actually still have to pick up Skyrim for One/PS4. I had it back on 360, but never got it for current Gen. That is on my to do list, pick up Skyrim GOTY for current Gen.

Oh it's such a great game. I don't plan on finishing it anytime soon. It's a great game to just disappear into and explore hours on end.

Oh it's such a great game. I don't plan on finishing it anytime soon. It's a great game to just disappear into and explore hours on end.
    Yeah, I don't remember ever finishing it on 360, so I plan to pick it up eventually, likely for Xbox One, so I can get fuller use of mods in the future, since PS4 mods are so limited by Sony.

The leading horses in the field are either a 10 year anniversary remaster of Fallout 3 or an upcoming announcement of Fallout 5 at E3. If it is Fallout 5, I'm guessing a October-November 2019 release date, which would be four years after the release of Fallout 4.

I had to read a few of those tweets and this one was worth the time spent.

Skyrim on the Pip-Boy in FO4
    I remember when they announced Fallout 4 it was at E3 June 2015 and the game released on October 2015. So there is a possibility, if it is Fallout 5, we could be seeing it sooner than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I had to read a few of those tweets and this one was worth the time spent.

I remember when they announced Fallout 4 it was at E3 June 2015 and the game released on October 2015. So there is a possibility, if it is Fallout 5, we could be seeing it sooner than expected.
    Yeah, it certainly could be an announcement for Fallout 5 as soon as this fall. It just seems really short, it'll only be 3 years this November since Fallout 4 released. That just seems too fast to have an entirely new Fallout game out unless they recycle the Fallout 4 map ala Far Cry 4/Primal.

If it is Fallout 5, I'm thinking more along the lines of a Fall 2019 release since at least then it'll be four years since the Fallout 4 release, which is more believable of a time frame for an entirely new Fallout game to be built and made.

There is always the theory that another team has been working on it and it might not be called Fallout 5. Fallout 3 which was developed by Bethesda came out Oct 2008 and Fallout New Vegas which was developed by obsidian came out in Oct 2010.

I just hope it is not a remake of those two. Played the crap out of both and all the expansions. Unfortunately with the success of Skyrim Remastered and the mods for consoles, it seems the likely scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    There is always the theory that another team has been working on it and it might not be called Fallout 5. Fallout 3 which was developed by Bethesda came out Oct 2008 and Fallout New Vegas which was developed by obsidian came out in Oct 2010.

I just hope it is not a remake of those two. Played the crap out of both and all the expansions. Unfortunately with the success of Skyrim Remastered and the mods for consoles, it seems the likely scenario.
    The leading horses in the field are either a 10 year anniversary remaster of Fallout 3 or an upcoming announcement of Fallout 5 at E3. If it is Fallout 5, I'm guessing a October-November 2019 release date, which would be four years after the release of Fallout 4.

I would be shocked to see another FALLOUT before at least 2020. As much as I want to see it, I just don't think it's going to happen for a few more years at the earliest. I could see a Falloutesque game spinoff from another publisher but I'm not sure how to feel about that...

Turns out there's also a Twitch live stream of a monitor with the same message and a bobble head, that 140,000 people have at one pointed tuned into.

And Kotaku is saying it's supposedly a new game in the Fallout universe that will take the series in a brand new direction and they think it's going to be announced as soon as today (Wednesday), within 24 hours of the teaser tweet going out, since Bethesda has apparently done that in the past, tweet or release a teaser, then make the full announcement a day later.

https://kotaku.com/over-140-000-peop...d-o-1826397799

Still 70,000 people watching the stream and now there is a cupcake and a watch that says 9:45.

https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

Cupcake, balloons (there was one earlier) and this being the 10 year anniversary of Fallout 3. I think Kotaku got this one wrong. Now at over 15 million views. Todd Howard is off in a corner furiously masturbating at that view count.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 05-30-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Cupcake gone, watch has been moved slightly since people can't read analog anymore. Pete Hines tweeeted at the sadness of this. Looks like a reveal in under 30 minutes.

Don't judge me this is the most excitement I will see all day.

Watch is now face down. I do realize that I am talking to myself. It is okay.