Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4 (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Anyone try out Nuka World DLC? It is now available on xbox1 (ps4 too?)
    I think it is downloaded but I am waiting on someone to finish/fix a couple mods before I jump in. The best mod in the game (KeyNuker) is apparently glitched and will require an update from the author due to the latest update (Nuka Cola DLC). The guy making the winter mods is making a few changes and offering one with more ground snow, plus he just added one that covers the streets. That looks great but you have to use another mod (Vivid Weather + Winter) to have snow fall. Problem is that falling snow falls inside most buildings, so I am hoping someone figures it out. The snow was the main one I was waiting for and plan to run through the whole game and dlc's again with it.

One of the biggest problems with mods is every time they update for the DLC, it breaks a bunch of the mods.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-31-2016 at 12:23 AM.

Well I am done with Fallout 4 mods. I had to strip most of them just to make it to Nuka World without crashing. 5 crashes in a row and I just ended up deleting them all. I am just going to start a non-modded character and play it all one more time.

Minor spoilers in regards to the DLC.

I read a review of Nuka World and it basically tells you that if you are going play the good guy, you might get to play a small percentage of the DLC. It forces you to play the bad guy and side with the Raiders (there are three factions you have to deal with) settling a conflict between them and then once that is done, you start an assault on settlements in the Commonwealth that you spent so much time building. Got to play the first part which is a gauntlet of things designed to kill you. I got through it but had modded combat gear that never made it an issue. It could be difficult if your character is not a fan of heavy radiation, fire and lasers.

Guess I will build up the Commonwealth one more time and then burn it to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Well I am done with Fallout 4 mods. I had to strip most of them just to make it to Nuka World without crashing. 5 crashes in a row and I just ended up deleting them all. I am just going to start a non-modded character and play it all one more time.

Minor spoilers in regards to the DLC.
    That's really sad. I love my settlements. Why would I turn them over to Raiders?

If these mods are that bad, how will this feature be when Skyrim releases? I think I will wait a while before buying that game (if I do). RPGs are big and often buggier than most. Might as well wait.

Wanting to try Nuka Cola... but... my kids have "misplaced" the disc. This may push me exclusively into digital from now on!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    If these mods are that bad, how will this feature be when Skyrim releases? I think I will wait a while before buying that game (if I do). RPGs are big and often buggier than most. Might as well wait.
    Some are great but some try to do too much based off the power of consoles. I like some of them but overall I turned them off after a few weeks. I think the idea is great but I guess not all that realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    The big advantage to the Skyrim mods are the fact there will be no DLC to screw up a bunch of mods. Plus it is a remaster so that alone will get me to play it with the graphical updates and fixes alone.

I just traded in Fallout 4 to Amazon for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Tried to finish Nula World but got bored and did not feel like running through it again. I do hope Obsidian is in charge of the next Fallout game (so it is more of an RPG and better story) but keep the settlement building feature.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 09-03-2016 at 07:22 PM.

The big advantage to the Skyrim mods are the fact there will be no DLC to screw up a bunch of mods. Plus it is a remaster so that alone will get me to play it with the graphical updates and fixes alone.

I just traded in Fallout 4 to Amazon for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Tried to finish Nula World but got bored and did not feel like running through it again. I do hope Obsidian is in charge of the next Fallout game (so it is more of an RPG and better story) but keep the settlement building feature.
    Love the game and would not buy #5 IF settlements are not included.

Q. I was thinking of getting New Vegas as it's backwards compatible. You like that game a lot don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Love the game and would not buy #5 IF settlements are not included.

Q. I was thinking of getting New Vegas as it's backwards compatible. You like that game a lot don't you?
    It's the best of the series for the die-hard RPG gamer. It is more of a hardcore RPG in comparison to 3 and 4, plus the story is great. There is no building or settlements and power armor is not given to you. You will have to repair everything from armor to weapons (they break down) and even have to craft/manage ammo because there are different qualities of each type of ammo. The biggest selling point is the amount of ways you can tackle the game and that being good or bad (karma system) really does matter and impacts the story, early and often. The biggest snag is that the desert environment is vast, kinda fugly and makes you want to run straight to Vegas.

Also there are these things.

Spoiler: show

Before buying you might want to watch some gameplay videos. This may not be the game for you. Plus it has not aged well, at all.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 09-03-2016 at 08:25 PM.

Played Nuka World last night. Man, that gauntlet sure makes you work for entrance to the park. I'm surprised how large the map is for DLC. I think I will side with the Operators. They are most "logical."

It's kind of like a new game for me right now. I am currently involved with:

1. Vault 88
    2. Nuka World
    3. Far Harbour

It's going to be a long, long wait until Fallout V.

So I put this in last night for the first time in a while. Was thinking July or August, looked at the save file and it was March man how time flies. I had stopped when I had to make a choice between the Brotherhood and Institute and I created two save files. I proceeded with the Brotherhood path last night and got fairly far.
    The dude abides.

Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition has been announced with a release date of September 26th, 2017.

They're also bringing the physical Pip-Boy back into production again for the GOTY run.

Just the game (with all DLC and updates included) is $59.99.

The Pip-Boy Edition with the game and physical Pip-Boy will be $99.99.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Honestly I think Fallout 4 will go down as my most favourite (non football game) I have ever played. I've logged hundreds of hours and loved it! I especially love the building settlement angle. I'm still not finished everything but I will one of these days.

Thanks Brent,

Oh you are quite welcome Jaymo.

Thanks Brent,

Oh you are quite welcome Jaymo.
    Yeah I still remember you letting me try that out.

I went ahead and pre-ordered the GOTY edition. I was just thinking this week about buying FO4 for PS4, but between the game and season pass, it was still gonna be $80 ($30 for the game, $50 for the season pass), so I'll just pre-order the GOTY edition for PS4 instead!

Damn, I completely forgot this is releasing next Tuesday for the GOTY edition. I wouldn't have remembered if it wasn't for Amazon emailing me just now that it was being upgraded to release day delivery for free.

I actually ended up snagging one of the Pip Boy editions. It originally was $99.99 when they first announced it on August 11th, but it must have gone down in price since then, because my pre-order details on Amazon shows the price for the Pip-Boy Edition as $79.99.

I enjoyed the hell out of Fallout 4 on Xbox One, so now to play through and rack up some trophies on the PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Damn, I completely forgot this is releasing next Tuesday for the GOTY edition. I wouldn't have remembered if it wasn't for Amazon emailing me just now that it was being upgraded to release day delivery for free.

I actually ended up snagging one of the Pip Boy editions. It originally was $99.99 when they first announced it on August 11th, but it must have gone down in price since then, because my pre-order details on Amazon shows the price for the Pip-Boy Edition as $79.99.

I enjoyed the hell out of Fallout 4 on Xbox One, so now to play through and rack up some trophies on the PS4.

20% for being a prime member...
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    20% for being a prime member...
    Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that! That 20% is nice!