Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are the best playbooks to use on NCAA 2011

• Facebook
  • Display
    Freshman
    I have been working with the Stanford playbook. It has a multiple of formations.

Quest! Welcome!
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Last week's game between Stanford and Oregon showed a great contrast between two entirely different schemes. I found it interesting that Harbaugh told the announcers that their playbook has 350 plays and that he brought all of them to be used in the game. Take that Madden gameplan!

Hopefuly EA will notice this and give us a "Global Playbook".

Freshman
    yes, the stanford playbook is very tough, I am leading my league in time of possession having the ball nearly 2/3 of the game. Plus it gives you a lot of 3rd and short situations so you can't guess if it will be a pass or a run.

I have grown partial to LSU's not because i play with them all the time, but because i like the ace, i form, pistol, shotgun. you get a little of everything. keeps your opponent guessing. i can spread it out or grind it out. all with 1 playbook. i use others. example.. Florida. Tennessee, and occasional texas

I have been experimenting with Utah's and man is it something else. I played as Utah with their playbook against Florida State and scored 28 points online ranked game. Never was worried about not scoring, never felt like he could stop me.

While PSN is down....I'll use this time to ask for some suggestions for what offense I'll be running in powerhouse OD this season.

I have used Boise State, Alabama, Arkansas, and Stanford. I have had a pocket passer through the first 6 seasons (Garrett Gilbert and a generated Peyton Manning rated type)....now I finally have a QB who is capable of running the ball.

QB has about 99 power, 88 accuracy....with about 84 speed, 82 acceleration.

RB is a beast....99 overall....every running back attribute (moves, trucking, speed, acceleration, etc. is in the 90s)

FB....about 85 overall....below average runner....very good blocker

Elite WRs....a Randy Moss type along with a 5'10'' possesion type....2 slot guys are pretty solid.

TEs....2 really good guys....good blockers....6'5''....6'7''....the 6'7'' guy has average speed but good receiving skills.....6'5'' guy reminds me of Jason Witten

OL.....elite strength and acceleration.

I love the ace, I, and Gun....lookin' for a playbook with some under-center option....and plenty of playaction. Just lookin' for some suggestions....it will be greatly appreciated.

I guess I should've read the thread before posting....lol. I'm gonna pick the best out of Fresno State, NC State, and Southern Miss. Thanks guys!

EDIT: annnnd Wake Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    I guess I should've read the thread before posting....lol. I'm gonna pick the best out of Fresno State, NC State, and Southern Miss. Thanks guys!

EDIT: annnnd Wake Forest

No, see, guys -- we want Papa to use the worst playbook. Not the best. You're not helping!

Yea Papa doesn't need any help, this is where everyone should lead him down a different path :-) and yes that'd be the wrong path if possible. hahaha

I think I'm going to mix up my offense this season in Powerhouse as well. I'm leaning towards Fresno State right now.

what is this powerhouse OD? when will you guys start?

While PSN is down....I'll use this time to ask for some suggestions for what offense I'll be running in powerhouse OD this season.

I have used Boise State, Alabama, Arkansas, and Stanford. I have had a pocket passer through the first 6 seasons (Garrett Gilbert and a generated Peyton Manning rated type)....now I finally have a QB who is capable of running the ball.

QB has about 99 power, 88 accuracy....with about 84 speed, 82 acceleration.

RB is a beast....99 overall....every running back attribute (moves, trucking, speed, acceleration, etc. is in the 90s)

FB....about 85 overall....below average runner....very good blocker

Elite WRs....a Randy Moss type along with a 5'10'' possesion type....2 slot guys are pretty solid.

TEs....2 really good guys....good blockers....6'5''....6'7''....the 6'7'' guy has average speed but good receiving skills.....6'5'' guy reminds me of Jason Witten

OL.....elite strength and acceleration.

I love the ace, I, and Gun....lookin' for a playbook with some under-center option....and plenty of playaction. Just lookin' for some suggestions....it will be greatly appreciated.

Been using Wake Forest from the outset. Honestly one of my favourite playbooks of all time. I not 100% happy with the deep passing game but all of the I formations meet my style well. With 12 a good chunk of Wake Forest will be in my custom book.

Quote Originally Posted by zacattak View Post
    what is this powerhouse OD? when will you guys start?
    Hosted right here on TGT: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...werhouse-(PS3). PS3 OD though.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Hosted right here on TGT: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...werhouse-(PS3). PS3 OD though.
    Copy sir. I have a 360. any good continuing dynasties for 360? if not ill gladly start one when i get back from my deployment

I greatly appreciate the suggestions. Fresno State it is. If Southern Miss gave me an I formation with 2 tights....it would have won EASILY.

I greatly appreciate the suggestions. Fresno State it is. If Southern Miss gave me an I formation with 2 tights....it would have won EASILY.
    Fresno State is what I ran with last season... as you saw it produced three different 1000 yard rushers