Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4, PS3, XB1, 360, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Plus with DAI you generally don't level up your powers. Once you get an ability that's it. Some of them have a toggle where they can do one of two things but they simply grow stronger as you level up. They don't have levels to abilities.

I played for about 2 1/2 hours. It's pretty fun. I'm getting the hang of combat. After I joined the Inquisition, I was suppose to meet some old lady but I went around the forest fighting, collecting, and land marking. I'm a level 4 Human Rogue archer. I need to use stealth more often. The evade roll keeps me alive. I see that I'm going to need the pincushion skill because as of right now, enemies are arrow sponges. All in all, I'm liking it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear. What difficulty did you start on? Did you try Nightmare or just keep it to Hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Glad to hear. What difficulty did you start on? Did you try Nightmare or just keep it to Hard?
    Normal. I tend to play these types of games multiple times. I have a save file for all 6 classes in Mass Effect and I've beaten all 3 games at least twice with each class. On following playthroughs, I'll know what to do so I'll be able to step the difficulty up.

If you are a completionist you may find the game getting really easy on Normal as you level up. You have another option in that there are "trials" with the DLC that also help. You can choose to have the enemies automatically level up to you so they aren't under powered. I would definitely recommend that if you find combat too easy.

Call me the Inquisitor as I made it to Skyhold last night.

Holy crap! That was fast!

What companions do you use? I imagine you don't use Varric much as you are an archer.

Skyhold can be abut frustrating at first since it's so big. Don't worry. You will learn where things are.
    Last edited by Rudy; 12-24-2016 at 09:22 AM.

Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4, PS3, XB1, 360, PC)

Holy crap! That was fast!

What companions do you use? I imagine you don't use Varric much as you are an archer.

Skyhold can be abut frustrating at first since it's so big. Don't worry. You will learn where things are.
    Cassandra, Vivienne, and Cole (who gets swapped out for 2-handed Iron Bull on occasion).

Who did you romance? I already have my sights set on Josephine. #HotAccent

Last edited by souljahbill; 12-24-2016 at 01:37 PM.

I romanced Cassandra both times lol. I don't like Cope or Solas so I didn't use them. I rarely used Iron Bull either because he was too similar to me. I liked Sera a lot and almost always used her. I switched between Dorian and Viv as my mages. Cassandra was almost always my tank although I liked Blackwall too and would use him once in awhile.

When I fought dragons I often brought in Iron Bull with a dragon rune weapon.

My third play through I was a female Qunari rogue and romanced Sera who is ***.

Still haven't played this yet. This summer it's on my priority play list.

I romanced Cassandra both times lol. I don't like Cope or Solas so I didn't use them. I rarely used Iron Bull either because he was too similar to me. I liked Sera a lot and almost always used her. I switched between Dorian and Viv as my mages. Cassandra was almost always my tank although I liked Blackwall too and would use him once in awhile.

When I fought dragons I often brought in Iron Bull with a dragon rune weapon.

My third play through I was a female Qunari rogue and romanced Sera who is ***.
    Funny story.

I helped Dorian deal with his daddy issues at the Redcliffe bar. He confessed to enjoying the company of men. Afterwards there's a convo back at Skyhold where we talk about what went down. Near the end of the convo, he asks what I think of him now. I selected "Good things" so quickly that I didn't notice the heart icon. Well, it caused Dorian to start making out with my character! I had to cut the PS4 off immediately before it Autosaved. I redid it afterwards, being careful not to make the same mistake.

Lol. I never fixed his daddy issues in the one play through and he was disappointed. But he's funny in the party. Viv is a bitch but I like her and Sera interacting because Sera hates her. Leads to some funny dialogue.

I just saw you earn a ton of trophies. Did you finish the story? Definitely do the Trespasser DLC story but have another save file as you can't go back and finish stuff later.

I just saw you earn a ton of trophies. Did you finish the story? Definitely do the Trespasser DLC story but have another save file as you can't go back and finish stuff later.
    That's what I was about to ask you. I've recruited that final ally and can start the final mission but wanted to know if I can keep doing missions post-game or do I need to do it all before starting the endgame?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can do the final mission of the regular game and go back and get everything else you missed. But the DLC Trespasser you can not. That's because things will happen to characters in the game. I won't say anymore.

You can do the final mission of the regular game and go back and get everything else you missed. But the DLC Trespasser you can not. That's because things will happen to characters in the game. I won't say anymore.
    I don't know what missions are DLC and what isn't. What starts the Trespasser mission?

Sorry. I can't remember the exact names of the DLC. One is the Deep Descent which you have probably visited along with the other area. But I believe Trespasser doesn't open up until after you complete the main story. You have to fight Coripheus in the main game first. Once you finish that you can still do everything else and finish rifts and stuff. it will unlock The final DLC and there will be a warning that you can't go back with that save file if you start it.

Doom Upon the World is the final, main story and you can go back and do everything other than special party member side quests that may disappear. Can't remember the name of the story for Trespasser.
    Last edited by Rudy; 12-30-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Sorry. I can't remember the exact names of the DLC. One is the Deep Descent which you have probably visited along with the other area. But I believe Trespasser doesn't open up until after you complete the main story. You have to fight Coripheus in the main game first. Once you finish that you can still do everything else and finish rifts and stuff. it will unlock The final DLC and there will be a warning that you can't go back with that save file if you start it.

Doom Upon the World is the final, main story and you can go back and do everything other than special party member side quests that may disappear. Can't remember the name of the story for Trespasser.
    Ok. If it becomes available post-game, I'm good. I didn't want to start it accidentally.

I'm 96 hours in. I've killed 3 or 4 dragons. I've also learned that a guy in Skyhold sells influence so I've been spending my gold on that. I think I've finished all the friendship stuff for my team and I get to make out with Josephine whenever I want.

Question: Did you drink from the well or did you let Morrigan do it? That decision was tough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a guy in Skyhold that sells influence? I didn't know that. Wow. That would help unlock a lot of perks. I didn't buy a ton of things from vendors. I did buy herbs at the Crossroads in Hinterlands and at Crestwood (rashvine). My favourite potions were regenerate, jar of bees, antivan fire and sticky grenade. I never tried the mighty offence potion I don't think. That's a pain to find the recipe for. I did it once.

The first time I played I let Morrison drink from the well. Second time I drank. It was a tough decision but it doesn't have a big impact on the story or events but more on your relationships with your teammates iirc. It may change the next story a bit. Can't really remember.

The dragons can be hard. I think they range from level 12 to 23. I had my own way of dealing with them.
    Spoiler: show

I didn't use any ranged characters. Just two tanks and two high dps like a two hander or dw rogue. If you max out regeneration potion and use resistance potions like fire against a fire dragon they help a lot since a maxed potion helps your entire party.

There are ten dragons in the main game and I think 3 are near each other in the One board. The Storm Coast one is one of the hardest.
    Last edited by Rudy; 12-31-2016 at 04:15 AM.

Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4, PS3, XB1, 360, PC)

1) All throughout the game, I kept saying that The Iron Bull sounded like James Vega from Mass Effect 3. I was right. Same guy (Freddie Prinz Jr.)
    2) I didn't know the voices of female Commander Shepard (Jennifer Hale) and Liara T'Soni (Ali Hillis) were in the game.
    3) I use male Inquisitor voice 2
    https://youtu.be/nhhIbiMUpm0