Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Division 2

• Facebook
  • Display

The Division 2

More info (and presumably release date) coming at E3.

Ubisoft has posted a content release schedule for the original The Division and it goes through September of this year.

Keep in mind Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming October 26. COD: BO 4 has announced a 10/12 release. I would think other titles are working to get out ahead of RDR 2 or else go way later. Competing too close to that date equals a death sentence IMO.
    Last edited by cdj; 03-08-2018 at 03:13 PM.

We've got a release date. March 15, 2019.

Kotaku has an article with some more stuff.

https://kotaku.com/the-division-2-fe...-by-1826743075

Some of the highlights:

• “Our end-game for The Division is going to be an accessible, deep and varied gear game,” he said.
    • “Of course we can experience the whole game in solo. But it really starts shining when you play with a group of players.
    • “We want the activities to always be rewarding. So we will always acknowledge the time that you spent on an activity and will reward you accordingly. Those activities will have clear goals.
    • “We want you to be able to identify what activities you should jump in in order to progress as you want.
    • “The endgame, people sometimes think is just for hardcore players, but we’re committed to deliver on day one content for all of our players.
    • “And when you complete the content we’re saving an inventory slot for you to be able to showcase your greatest feats in the games to other players.”
    The big sequel, slated for release next March, moves the series storyline ahead seven months, from the winter in New York City right after a chemical weapons attack in New York City to the summer in Washington D.C. It’s hot and the city is both battered by factional strife and wracked by bad weather. Some parts are overgrown with vegetation while a heat wave smears the city.

“There’s blistering hot east coast weather, I mean, come on,” Terry Spier, one of the game’s creative directors atRed Storm Entertainment told me. “Storms. Lightning. Thunder. Rain.” That’s all in there? “Oh yeah!”
    The map is bigger than the first game’s by about 20 percent according to El-Zibaoui. He said the game will have several types of environments or biomes—commercial areas and residential areas like the first game had but also overgrown jungle-like areas, governmental areas, the suburbs of Georgetown, the Washington Mall.

“It’s an almost one-to-one recreation of a city using real data,” El-Zibaoui said. “If you know the city, you’ll be able to find your bearings.”
    Civilians are more than the shuffling survivors asking for bottles of water that they were in the first game. The Division 2’s D.C. appears to be filled with civilian encampments and the player is apparently encouraged to help them. “The living world is a big aspect of it,” Spier said. “ There are settlements of civilians and they all have needs. As you assist them, as they progress toward recovery you’ll see that represented in the world, their recovery.” Would structures change? “You will definitely see changes in the world,” he said, going no further.
    The game’s E3 demo is set up in an area near the crashed Air Force One. That zone is considered a “control point,” an area enemies will initially hold but that can be seized by players. As players do that, civilians will come in to assist. If a special civilian survives then they take up position and request supplies. Give them supplies and that somehow affects the rebuilding. A glimpse of the game at Sunday’s Xbox press conference included a mention of “theater resources,” but Spier didn’t want to elaborate on that or anything else players might be rebuilding.

Control points that players free for civilians can still be overrun by enemies again, shades of those bases in Far Cry that players could never quite keep cleared. Could that be frustrating? “The impact of what happens will vary based on the activity,” he said. “You will see lasting changes based on your actions, and in some cases those changes can be reverted by the enemy factions.”
    The first game’s excellent, free 1.8 update late last year introduced a new way for PvE to work in that game, generating new missions for solo players repeatedly to keep them entertained. It seemed like a preview of what was to come and Spier confirmed that it would carry into the new game. “If PvE is your focus, there’s going to be a lot of that dynamic happening in the whole world.”
    “The goal is definitely to unite,” Spier said. “And build D.C.. We’re working hard to make sure that factions feel like enemies and good guys feel like good guys and bring everybody together and bring this sort of tyranny these factions are holding over D.C.—they’re all locked in a power struggle, because they all want it. You’ll be able to feel that.

Anybody else get into the beta? It's still downloading here but I'm looking forward to playing it later.

Here is a blog talking about building DC in the game.

Downloaded it but I feel like I'm chasing my tail trying to sign into Ubisoft to get the friend passes. Constantly being redirected and then re-logging in. Not a good setup at all.

Jaymo and Smooth, I sent you beta codes via Ubisoft friends. Have you tried this yet? I haven’t but may try it later. More for my son.

Sweet, thanks man! I honestly wasn't even expecting to receive a code or get into the beta. But I'll definitely download it and get some play time in! I loved the first The Division and without even having touched 2 yet, I'm already planning on pre-ordering it here in the next week or two. Definitely a day one game for me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Where do I find the code at?

Sorry. Been away most of the day. Yo should have received an email I think. Or log into Ubisoft and check your account management.

It was a pain for me to even find it on the Ubisoft website since it wasn’t working right. I had to select desktop option from my iPad to see it since the mobile page wasn’t working.

Yeah, I can't find it anywhere. I checked through the Ubisoft Club app, got on my laptop and actually looked through account, messages and friends info on the Ubisoft website, and nothing on my email.

At this point, it's too late for me to bother anyways. From what I saw, the beta was only from the 7th through the 10th (today), so by the time I got the beta downloaded (assuming I ever found the code), I'd get maybe a couple hours of play time, if I'm lucky.

Sorry. The Ubisoft website has been terrible at times too. It was a real pain to login and figure out some stuff. Way more difficult than it had to be. I hate it when you have to get a third party website code to then activate the PS4 code.

It's all good, I wasn't really too concerned with playing the beta. I already know I'm going to be pre-ordering and buying The Division 2 since I loved and played the hell out of the first The Division, I just haven't gotten around to actually making the purchase yet.

Amazon Canada had the pre order for $20 off so I got the beta code with it.

Open beta is March 1-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Sorry. The Ubisoft website has been terrible at times too. It was a real pain to login and figure out some stuff. Way more difficult than it had to be. I hate it when you have to get a third party website code to then activate the PS4 code.
    Thanks for the offer Rudy. Sadly I was away with work but I appreciate you considered me. The game looks like a lot of fun.

- Open beta now available to download ahead of this weekend.

- Year one content trailer:

Sitting down for some open beta action! Got about an hour and a half before I gotta head to work to get my Division 2 fix.