Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 83

Thread: Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4, PS3, XB1, 360, PC)

  1. #1
    Heisman morsdraconis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Posts
    8,299
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: morsdraconis Steam ID: morsdraconis

    Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4, PS3, XB1, 360, PC)




    Claudia Black (Morrigan voice actress) is back!!! YAY!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    All-American Kingpin32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,842
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: TheKingpin32
    Here's some new gameplay footage:



    Looks amazing.

  3. #3
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    6,943
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    I got Dragon Age Inquisition and it's pretty good. I've played about 5 or 6 hours and I feel I'm still lost lol. It's daunting with how many things you can do and upgrade. Still not quite sure what I'm doing with fighting. I can really see how people can put 100 hours into this game though. The game got great reviews although I don't see why the graphics got such high scores. They are average for next Gen imo. This is my first true RPG.

    Who else has played this?

  4. #4
    Heisman souljahbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    6,629
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: souljahbill14 PSN ID: souljahbill Wii Code: 3329 - 8987 - 9492 - 9939
    *waits impatiently for the next Mass Effect*

    I played the demo for DAII many moons ago I and wasn't a fan. DAIII is suppose to be a drastic improvement but I have no interest in it.

  5. #5
    Heisman jaymo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,947
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jaymo1976 PSN ID: jaymo12476
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I got Dragon Age Inquisition and it's pretty good. I've played about 5 or 6 hours and I feel I'm still lost lol. It's daunting with how many things you can do and upgrade. Still not quite sure what I'm doing with fighting. I can really see how people can put 100 hours into this game though. The game got great reviews although I don't see why the graphics got such high scores. They are average for next Gen imo. This is my first true RPG.

    Who else has played this?
    I love the games that have massive open worlds. Sadly though I am not much into fighting as I would much prefer to explore and go on adventures. It seems that the sole basis of this game is fighting so I don't see myself picking it up.

  6. #6
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    6,943
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I love the games that have massive open worlds. Sadly though I am not much into fighting as I would much prefer to explore and go on adventures. It seems that the sole basis of this game is fighting so I don't see myself picking it up.
    I think you are wrong about that part Jaymo. Story, adventure and side quests are a huge part of this game. I've barely been in the Hinterlands so I can't comment completely but I haven't done much fighting so far. It is certainly a part of the game but I thought some had complained because of too many fetch quests etc. Plus when you come across areas with enemies you can go around. I think this game is geared more towards the people who like to collect and explore than fight.

  7. #7
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    6,943
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    I kept track of some things for a newbie like myself to learn more about the game.

    Read this to familiarize yourself with the background. http://kotaku.com/a-beginners-guide-...age-1658487212

    Also read this for tips. http://kotaku.com/tips-for-playing-d...ion-1660270767

    Tips on how to play and manage inventory: http://www.idigitaltimes.com/dragon-...wcomers-397203

    PS4 user manual: https://d2ro3qwxdn69cl.cloudfront.ne...ion%204_en.pdf

    L3 - this triggers a search function to help find loot easy

    Tactical strategy: most people say to set your range players (mage, archer) to Follow Themselves. It helps them to stay away from the heavy action where they get hurt badly. One guy recommends setting ALL your players to follow themselves while some recommend the tanks (heavy damage, close range guys) to Defend themselves as it puts them VERY close to the action. If you want a tough character to defend another you can use the Defend X person as well. Lots of options but I think I will try follow themselves for everyone for now.

    Don't start a fight with a ranged character. Let a heavy character lead the charge.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9bbmH5CYnU

    R3 lets you toggle between the main enemies in tactical view (can use cursor too). The enemies will also show their level and stats.
    You can select a target using "X" and then hit L1 to bring up radial menu and have everyone attack that target too. When a member dies you can actually give another member of your party a command to revive them (they can still do it automatically too).

    Really good IGN video on tactical controls/commands where a lot of this info came from:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ-asPRTixI

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYzZvuG-aCE


    Multiplayer Video - looks like you have to use different characters

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EwUMJGE-nk

  8. #8
    Heisman jaymo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,947
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jaymo1976 PSN ID: jaymo12476
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I think you are wrong about that part Jaymo. Story, adventure and side quests are a huge part of this game. I've barely been in the Hinterlands so I can't comment completely but I haven't done much fighting so far. It is certainly a part of the game but I thought some had complained because of too many fetch quests etc. Plus when you come across areas with enemies you can go around. I think this game is geared more towards the people who like to collect and explore than fight.
    Interesting. I will have to look more into this.

  9. #9
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    6,943
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    They do a lot to create lore and back story. There are tons of choices you make in the game that affect your path, your party and the story potentially. I don't know of how much the story changes but I heard there is a point in the game where you have to pick sides and that has a massive effect.

    I personally like to fight in these games but this isn't close to Shadow of mordor. That was all action, all the time. You wander around a lot in this game collecting herbs and stuff. You also talk to a lot of people. I am choosing to play on hard because I like the challenge of tough combat. I know many choose easy because they just want to get through the fights quickly and focus on the story.

  10. #10
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,244
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    I am on whatever the default difficulty is. Sometimes the enemies at the rifts can be challenging.
    The dude abides.

  11. #11
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    6,943
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I am on whatever the default difficulty is. Sometimes the enemies at the rifts can be challenging.
    I'm on hard and those guys generally kick my ass.

  12. #12
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    6,943
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    I will say this about DAI. The fast travel options are nice but it makes it feel like a slower pace Assassin's Creed and less epic open world. I'm getting tired of "reading" of lot of items to find. The worst was in this one mission (my first on the left side of the map) where I go to the Chantry place. So many things to read - child please! Instead of my companions being quiet 95% of the time why don't they read some of that stuff and discuss it in conversation. I just don't want to spend that much time on all the notes of history. And when I had to "fast travel" to get from the first floor to the second floor of the market in that location because there were no stairs I was annoyed. I don't understand that move.

    About 12 hours in total and it does feel like I'm just scratching the surface on this game. I think I'm going to only do maybe half the quests in an effort to get into a little more impactful story stuff.

  13. #13
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,244
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I will say this about DAI. The fast travel options are nice but it makes it feel like a slower pace Assassin's Creed and less epic open world. I'm getting tired of "reading" of lot of items to find. The worst was in this one mission (my first on the left side of the map) where I go to the Chantry place. So many things to read - child please! Instead of my companions being quiet 95% of the time why don't they read some of that stuff and discuss it in conversation. I just don't want to spend that much time on all the notes of history. And when I had to "fast travel" to get from the first floor to the second floor of the market in that location because there were no stairs I was annoyed. I don't understand that move.

    About 12 hours in total and it does feel like I'm just scratching the surface on this game. I think I'm going to only do maybe half the quests in an effort to get into a little more impactful story stuff.
    I typically don't read much of the history stuff. Just too much to take in. If it isn't pertaining to the current time via a note or something, then I just skim over it.
    The dude abides.

  14. #14
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    6,943
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    I saw someone comment that they wished the enemies would come to you. Rather than just traditionally clear out areas, those areas should still change over time.

    Anyone tried the multilayer? JB what character are you using?

  15. #15
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,244
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    I've tried multiplayer. Pretty fun. Basically co-op. Not sure on my character off hand.
    The dude abides.

  16. #16
    Varsity Marlowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    611
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: MPMarlowe

    Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4, PS3, XB1, 360, PC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Anyone tried the multilayer?
    Yep. It is like co-op; you get grouped with 4 other players. From what I remember there is no respec option in mp so you might want to look up a few builds beforehand so you're not wasting points.

    Basically a dungeon fight with 5 parts to it. You earn gold throughout and can use it afterwards to buy chest items for potions or better gear from the in game store.

    You can also dismantle items you loot for crafting ingredients. I believe you need to craft an item to unlock the secondary classes iirc.


    Posted With Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Varsity Marlowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    611
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: MPMarlowe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'm on hard and those guys generally kick my ass.
    The ones by the river in hinterlands will decimate a low level group. I think those guys are lvl 12? You might try doing the Druffy mission and have the druffalo help tank those guys. I skipped that rift and came back to it after I leveled up more.


    Posted With Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Heisman Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingsville, ON
    Posts
    6,943
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: rudyjuly2
    Thanks. I saw my my first dragon the other day. I got destroyed easily.

  19. #19
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,244
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Thanks. I saw my my first dragon the other day. I got destroyed easily.
    I saw one in the distance in that sandy wasteland area (can't remember the name) and definitely kept my distance
    The dude abides.

  20. #20
    Heisman jaymo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,947
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jaymo1976 PSN ID: jaymo12476
    So I have gotten mixed messages from some sites. Is this truly open world or is it open sections of a world? In other words, can you go anywhere at anytime ala GTA V and Assassins Creed or are you locked out of certain zones until you advance the storyline?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •