Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 at E3

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Has this ever been policy? If not, I am not encouraged.
    Not that I'm ever aware of... anything of this generation has pretty much been open to everyone to record. That said, the impressions that I'm reading of Madden current-gen are all positive. I haven't seen any discussion of NCAA thus far though.

Thanks G!

Yeah I think that is new policy as I've always seen a ton of videos from the various community sites @ E3.

I may be wrong, but I think all EA SPORTS titles (PS3/360 & PS4/XB1) are in the same area, so it's probably easier to say no videos/photos at all instead of allowing them in one area and not another and then having to monitor closely.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think all EA SPORTS titles (PS3/360 & PS4/XB1) are in the same area, so it's probably easier to say no videos/photos at all instead of allowing them in one area and not another and then having to monitor closely.
    No... the PS4 & XB1 titles are in a closed off area by themselves; they're calling it the Ignite Lab.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    No... the PS4 & XB1 titles are in a closed off area by themselves; they're calling it the Ignite Lab.
    Then, I am surprised (& disappointed) as well.

Then, I am surprised (& disappointed) as well.
    Yeah, if this holds for the show and there is no demo, I think many of us will feel like this...........

They are getting this question as to why no vids of current gen games everywhere I know to look. No answers anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Looks like I wasn't entirely accurate... it's in a separate room, but its walls are glass.

E3-LOL its the geek Lollapalooza/Woodstock

I will never get this business model. NCAA is the next release........yet no promo/hype at all out of this show. Info has been anemic compared to last year but this is dumbfounding.........why not take advantage of free press??? Unless..............

Hold onto your jock straps ppl. It's early in the week and all the rage has been xboxone.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    It's no different any other year. No one besides the people that already buy NCAA Football, give a fuck about NCAA Football games. Just gotta face the facts, sadly. The real problem is the developers are still too worried about casual football fans to do anything with the franchise to offer any real substance besides the same shit every year.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    I will never get this business model. NCAA is the next release........yet no promo/hype at all out of this show. Info has been anemic compared to last year but this is dumbfounding.........why not take advantage of free press??? Unless..............
    I agree. There is no info out there and now no vids either. I guess just another year of NCAA stuck in a hot small corner of a back room while Ben sweats out his presentation to smaller crowds.

there may be basic reasoning behind it. Don't give any fuel to the lawuit/s

or pumping madden carries over to football freaks who buy both anyway and they expect plenty of trickle down

No reason Ram. EA has treated NCAA like this last couple years. Lets stop using the lawsuit for every possible explanation. EA is still making the game and shipping representative rosters. That alone thumbs their nose at the lawsuit. You can't undo the games they already made anyways.

Yeah no doubt after all these years of getting actual gameplay videos at E3, I am a puzzled as to why in 2013 EA decides to pull the plug on E3 videos. Who knows maybe they soften their stance in the next couple of days, but like many have said it is a bit disappointing.

It's definitely very strange. In Pasta's Madden vids, you can hear an EA rep telling him that he can't film up close and has to film it hand held over the shoulder. Then in the next vid you can hear him get told that he can't film at all.

It's a very weird stance taken by EA.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    It's no different any other year. No one besides the people that already buy NCAA Football, give a fuck about NCAA Football games. Just gotta face the facts, sadly. The real problem is the higher ups are still too worried about casual football fans to do anything with the franchise to offer any real substance besides the same shit every year.
    Fixed it for ya. Trust me when I say, the devs want the same game we do for the most part. Reality is, everyone has a boss.

Wonder how much these videos actually help EA? Does it do them any good to allow videos then have people dissect the shit out of them and create bad press? Maybe it plays better than it looks? Maybe they're trying to under promise and over deliver? Or maybe the game sucks?

Typed by thumbs.