Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Order 1886 (PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Sounds like there are God of War and Little Big Planet easter eggs in the game.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Watched more today - obviously w/o playing take these impressions for what they are worth however

+ - graphically its REALLY impressive

+ - sounds are pretty good and voice acting is done well

+ - story is good (NOT TLOU or UC good but entertaining)

- the pace in the game is AWFUL - just lots of dead time and apparently one chapter is nothing but a cutscene - one part i saw was particularly bad you went from a cutscene regained control to walk down a pointless hall only to end up at another cutscene

- - AI appears weak

- - no ability to see what collectibles you missed after playing through

- the battles against the half breeds are very weak was hoping they were difficult the ones i have seen were not

- no replayability - once you beat the game and collect all the collectibles there is just no reason to go back

I think there is potential with this series but its going to need to go back to the drawing board on mixing gameplay with the story.
    You just described the original Uncharted, which scored in the high 80s with most review sites. Much like Ryse, this game was destined to be crucified with how some of the trailers made it out to be a QTE fest. Much like Ryse, I have no doubts I'll immensely enjoy it. Plan on playing it tonight.

Reviewers have always been bad, IMO, but they're downright awful this generation. Not even worth reading.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    You just described the original Uncharted, which scored in the high 80s with most review sites. Much like Ryse, this game was destined to be crucified with how some of the trailers made it out to be a QTE fest. Much like Ryse, I have no doubts I'll immensely enjoy it. Plan on playing it tonight.

Reviewers have always been bad, IMO, but they're downright awful this generation. Not even worth reading.
    Yeah I try to look at the user metacritic scores, most times you can tell if they're legit or full of trolls.
    The dude abides.

Guys on OS generally like it. Beautiful game but slow paced and very story driven, almost like Heavy Rain. Not an action packed game at all so keep expectations in check. Mixed opinions on the gunplay. Some love it while others think it feels off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Guys on OS generally like it. Beautiful game but slow paced and very story driven, almost like Heavy Rain. Not an action packed game at all so keep expectations in check. Mixed opinions on the gunplay. Some love it while others think it feels off.
    I think that's fairly accurate its like a hybrid of Heavy Rain and UC. It's a 3rd person shooter like UC but more story driven and there are no choices which affect the story.

I think the complaints about gun play are due to the screen and having difficulty viewing enemies when you are in cover. Of course if it were "sim" you cannot see bad guys moving if you are covered behind a wall so I think I'd actually like that part as it leaves some room for surprise.

I'm unsure what else (if anything) was included with this update.

Finally picked this one up from GameFly on the cheap and finished the game. Its pretty much what I thought it was from my early viewing. I think it deserves a sequel but they are going to have to fix the # and length of cut scenes as well as have more gun fighting and a few less QT events.

Somehow missed a kill with at least one weapon so I'm going to have to go through chapter select again with a guide and just randomly pick weapons to get my