Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden 25 Next Gen (PS4, XB1)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Looking forward to actually seeing what theses sidelines look like. How interactive is interactive?

I'm still holding out hope for the return of a weekly wrap up show but I just don't know if Tiburon can pull it off. I know 2k can do it because they are great at that type of stuff but Tiburon really struggles with depth of immersion.

I read on OS that apparently an EA?tiburon "ghost team" has been working on next gen madden for almost two years. Based on the preview trailer I just don't see it. So much of the game shown thus far looks like current gen madden.

I have no real expectations for next gen to be this great and new experience. I do expect it to be very similar to current gen with updated visuals. I don't buy any of the marketing hype right now. I need to see it to believe it - things like smarter computer AI.

I bet we won't see any improvement in Madden until like maybe 16 or 17. They will be slow mofo's like always. I just want a better mode and improved mode for creater player / imported player from NCAA guy.

OS is reporting that SEASON TICKET will NOT be available for PS4/XBOX1. Season ticket is only a current gen product. There is no word as of yet if next gen will have this product available in future years.

Take it for what it's worth and consider the source... but... one of the mods at OS says he has an "inside" contact who is recommending to pass on Madden 25 for PS4/1. He didn't elaborate on why. Another person said he had also had a few minutes with the all-running build at E3 and it felt... "rough."

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Take it for what it's worth and consider the source... but... one of the mods at OS says he has an "inside" contact who is recommending to pass on Madden 25 for PS4/1. He didn't elaborate on why. Another person said he had also had a few minutes with the all-running build at E3 and it felt... "rough."
    This is what I was afraid of. I wish EA Sports would just skip that initial launch period. Though it seems that FIFA will come out well, but Madden hasn't fared well during console launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    This is what I was afraid of. I wish EA Sports would just skip that initial launch period. Though it seems that FIFA will come out well, but Madden hasn't fared well during console launches.
    I'm really struggling with this one because I am on the fence with this game. I will get it but only one copy, not two. I want to hear more about the ps4 edition. I may wait until Christmas again this year???

Jaymo, Best Buy in Canada is offering a $60 credit on current gen Madden if you upgrade it towards next gen. It makes it an easy decision. Future Shop is also doing it and the promotion is for both Madden and Fifa.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/Marketing/Prom...p.aspx?Id=7867
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/.../10239960.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Jaymo, Best Buy in Canada is offering a $60 credit on current gen Madden if you upgrade it towards next gen. It makes it an easy decision. Future Shop is also doing it and the promotion is for both Madden and Fifa.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/Marketing/Prom...p.aspx?Id=7867
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/.../10239960.aspx
    That's a pretty good deal. Thanks for posting Rudy. However, if your CFM doesn't transfer over it would be a tough sell for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Well when EA gives no info about a title before a release there is ALWAYS a reason (and the reason is the game SUCKS and they know it). We've seen next to NOTHING about this game for PS4/XB1 and the game launches in 2 months and some change. I've played the Season Ticket on PS3 and I'm not that impressed so I'll wait and see about PS4 but most likely its a rental or pass while I play other solid PS4 titles this year in stead. I'm just tired of shelling out $60 to EA for titles solely b/c they are the only option and I want a sports video game.

Its just not enough for me anymore to justify a purchase when there are other genres of titles that are a much better value for my $.

Teaser of a video coming on Monday...
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100471247797813

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    First, 5 billion to one odds its nothing but close in shots showing off the graphics which will be eerily similar to the CGI stunt they pulled last gen.

Mark your calendar, here's a taste of what you'll see from Madden 25 on Xbox One and PS4 on Monday
    Second, I didn't know EA was even allowed to mention the words Sony and/or PS4. MS will not be pleased with all that money they gave them.

Is this a "teaser" for the "teaser" coming on Monday

Supposedly this is next gen... if so, ugh

Hmmmm....would ESPN be using next-gen stuff already?

I'm kinda happy that MUT cards are carrying over. This is the most I've played MUT in a while.
    The dude abides.

Supposedly this is next gen... if so, ugh

Agreed! Presentation/voice seems better but the game play graphics do not.

I downloaded the video and whoever generated that, didn't do any favors visually... it's only 720p (should be 1080p for next gen) and it's only 3mb/s bitrate which is pitiful.

Yikes, if that is next gen footage. That has to be current gen, look at the sidelines and the same camera guy being used multiple times in the end zone shot.

Borrowed from a Neogaf

Last edited by bdoughty; 09-30-2013 at 05:51 PM.