Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA 14: Pre-Planning

• Facebook
  • Display
    I dislike that idea, I want to play with South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    How many actual powerhouse schools do you see in that list? I see 1 elite and 4-5 average/above average and then a bunch of teams that will take most of the dynasty to catch up. I think whatever we choose, it needs to be fairly level just to keep people from losing interest because they cannot compete on the field or off.
    I think you would be in the same boat with Miami. They haven't been a powerhouse for years. Wisconsin could be considered a powerhouse considering they won the Big Ten last year and have been in the running for years. Arkansas, Oregon, and Texas Tech were teams we started off with this year, so the talent disparity would be the same.

Oregon was a 6* team to start were they not

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    Oregon was a 6* team to start were they not
    True, but I was saying we had a talent disparity with the teams we started off with last year so this year would not be too much different. Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, and a horribly underrated Texas A&M team (who some stated would be a disadvantage before we picked teams) were teams that we started off with last year that didn't match up with the likes of LSU, Bama, or Oregon talent-wise. Or with Texas recruiting wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    True, but I was saying we had a talent disparity with the teams we started off with last year so this year would not be too much different. Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, and a horribly underrated Texas A&M team (who some stated would be a disadvantage before we picked teams) were teams that we started off with last year that didn't match up with the likes of LSU, Bama, or Oregon talent-wise. Or with Texas recruiting wise.
    Yeah, but they were a 4* at worst. Many of the teams on that list are 2* and 3* and when going against 4 or 5 teams that are 5* or 6* it would be a much bigger gap in talent. If we did it we would be best served removing the Power teams from that list IMO and would be doing a small school dynasty that the majority has voted against.

Edit: Miami is a 5* and I have no problem being a 5* compared to some 6*'s. I want Miami but with how young they are I want to see how the rosters look before I completely decide to roll with them.
    Last edited by ryby6969; 05-30-2013 at 06:12 PM.

My non-roster viewing early top 4 are Texas, Florida, Stanford, and Ole Miss....I can't wait to see the rosters on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    My non-roster viewing early top 4 are Texas, Florida, Stanford, and Ole Miss....I can't wait to see the rosters on the website.
    Ditto. Im most interested in how Arkansas, Stanford, UCLA, Michigan St and
    Oklahoma St look this year.

I might go homer and see what I can do in Martinez's last season. Guess like everyone else, depends on what the roster looks like.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The dude abides.

What does everyone think of picking teams that were once Powerhouse teams but have slipped recently or teams that are right on the cusp of becoming a dominant team again or just excluding teams that have been in the top 10 a minimum of three out of the last five years - this would exclude:

Alabama
    Oregon
    Ohio State
    Stanford
    Boise State
    TCU
    Florida

Sounds good to me as I'll probably stay consistent and would like to roll with USC

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    What does everyone think of picking teams that were once Powerhouse teams but have slipped recently or teams that are right on the cusp of becoming a dominant team again or just excluding teams that have been in the top 10 a minimum of three out of the last five years - this would exclude:

Alabama
    Oregon
    Ohio State
    Stanford
    Boise State
    TCU
    Florida
    I am down with whatever is decided, I just want to play the game already lol

What does everyone think of picking teams that were once Powerhouse teams but have slipped recently or teams that are right on the cusp of becoming a dominant team again
    I'd be down with that.

I'm good with that and I'm a strong lean to go back to PSU

What does everyone think of picking teams that were once Powerhouse teams but have slipped recently or teams that are right on the cusp of becoming a dominant team again
    would fit that mold too. I kinda like the idea of re-establishing a Powerhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    Yeah, but they were a 4* at worst. Many of the teams on that list are 2* and 3* and when going against 4 or 5 teams that are 5* or 6* it would be a much bigger gap in talent. If we did it we would be best served removing the Power teams from that list IMO and would be doing a small school dynasty that the majority has voted against.
    That's why it's a challenge

FYI, I'm sure most of you had been assuming this, but I will not be returning this year.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Alabama
    Oregon
    Ohio State
    Stanford
    Boise State
    TCU
    Florida
    !!!!!

That's been my personal desire for years, and is where the coaching changes idea came from. Returning Colorado to glory has always been on my list of to-dos. I think that would be the best starting point, and if you guys went that route I'd love to help on thinking up the list of schools.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 06-01-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'd be down with that Oneback. I could get rid of Brady Hoke and bring the option back to Michigan.

I would love to do a team builder and use the default roster and program ratings (starting pitch grades, prestige, etc. as the team I end up drafting. I've been itching to bring my LoneStar College (LSC) Outlaws back. That one year that we all had 'em for about 5 advanced weeks was fun. I remember picking the Rose Bowl as my stadium....used the bowl game instead of UCLA and ALL of my home games had a split crowd....lol

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    !!!!!

That's been my personal desire for years, and is where the coaching changes idea came from. Returning Colorado to glory has always been on my list of to-dos. I think that would be the best starting point, and if you guys went that route Is love to help on thinking up the list of schools.
    Colorado was my first thought as well. Its a shame what has happened to them in the last decade.

Here are the teams that are 90+ OVR in NCAA 14 and have not been ranked in the top 5 three or more years in the last five.

Clemson
    LSU
    Notre Dame
    Texas
    VA Tech
    Florida State
    Georgia
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    North Carolina
    Oklahoma
    Oklahoma State