Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A: Dynasty

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A: Dynasty

Not sure when we can begin answering your questions but you can certainly begin asking them. That said, none of us have been back to Orlando since March so some of the info may be fuzzy or may have changed. We'll do our best to answer when we can.

How was the off-season recruiting? Did you see alot of players switching schools/schools getting leap frogged?

Any changes to the offseason other than recruiting being shortened?

Any changes to progression?

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    How was the off-season recruiting? Did you see alot of players switching schools/schools getting leap frogged?
    I don't think there were too many schools getting leap frogged due to the new lock system; where the recruit will get to a certain point where all schools but a few get locked out of recruiting based on how many points they're within the leader.

You'll get a larger pool of points for the off-season recruiting so you can try to charge for one guy or try to fill out your roster, depending on what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryhard Nation View Post
    Any changes to the offseason other than recruiting being shortened?

Any changes to progression?
    Not really any other changes.

Do your Coaching Skills carry over if/when you change jobs (i.e. OC at small school to your 1st HC job at another school)?

Can you discuss how the number of recruiting points available to a school is determined? Does it reset each week? Can it change from week to week during the course of a season?

Do CPU coaches level up?

Are promises still present?

Quote Originally Posted by coogrfan View Post
    Can you discuss how the number of recruiting points available to a school is determined? Does it reset each week? Can it change from week to week during the course of a season?
    To add on to this: Does Alabama have a bigger bank of points than South Alabama?

Quote Originally Posted by coogrfan View Post
    Basically the points you allocated the week before are automatically the same in the next week, but of course you can change the allocations. It can change during the season if you unlock specific bonuses in the Coach Skill Tree.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Do CPU coaches level up?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Tryhard Nation View Post
    Are promises still present?
    No

To add on to this: Does Alabama have a bigger bank of points than South Alabama?
    Yes

To add on to the bank of points of Alabama to South Alabama, there are also bonuses based on the recruit's top categories. The better the school is rated, the bigger the bonus, so the better schools will have a leg up.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yes if you're moving to the same job HC to HC. No if you're going from OC to HC. If you're a level 15 OC, you'll be a level 1 HC.

(I'm going to double check on this to make sure)
    I guess I didn't pick up on the skills being different between OC/DC and HCs.

What about unused XP accumulated as a OC/DC but you get/accept a HC position will that XP carry over or do you start with 0 XP again?

Can you give an example of 'unlocking special bonuses' for a coach? Is this by running for 100 yards in game and stuff like that?

Gotta be honest this sounds a bit gimmicky to me. Did you feel it was gimmicky or does it feel 'right' to you? ...I know that's subjective.

Typed by thumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    To add on to the bank of points of Alabama to South Alabama, there are also bonuses based on the recruit's top categories. The better the school is rated, the bigger the bonus, so the better schools will have a leg up.
    Is the flip also true. Say a kid has Academics as his "Most" category. Will have a huge leg up on the other BCS schools?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I guess I didn't pick up on the skills being different between OC/DC and HCs.

What about unused XP accumulated as a OC/DC but you get/accept a HC position will that XP carry over or do you start with 0 XP again?
    I do not recall 100%. I think you go back to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Can you give an example of 'unlocking special bonuses' for a coach? Is this by running for 100 yards in game and stuff like that?

Gotta be honest this sounds a bit gimmicky to me. Did you feel it was gimmicky or does it feel 'right' to you? ...I know that's subjective.

Typed by thumbs.
    It's not all just running up the score. I don't remember all of the triggers, but there might be a screenshot somewhere with them.

Is the flip also true. Say a kid has Academics as his "Most" category. Will have a huge leg up on the other BCS schools?
    Just the one category won't give them a leg up.

I think I'm going to correct myself on this one. The base set of points isn't much of a change from one school to the other, it's based on the Coach Skill unlocks, and other bonuses.

This may help answer some questions... information taken from the OS Press Row Podcast with Ben Haumiller

• Dynamic Pitches still in the game
    • Deal Breakers - if you are below a certain level for a pitch that a recruit considers most important, you won't even be able to recruit him.
    • Dynamic Pitches can help you overcome Deal Breakers (ie build up championship team rating through season)
    • Competitive/Complimentary visits... you have to be more strategic as to when you invite guys. If you invite a QB, you'll get a bonus for inviting an OL or WR that same weekend but two QBs in the same weekend will have a negative effect.
    • The later in the season your visit, the more bonus you'll get.
    • Set your points, can tweak from week to week or "set it and forget it"
    • Every team has the same number of recruiting points each week.
    • There are limits on how many points you can offer a player each week but through coach skills, you can increase that number.
    • Bonus points become the separator... bonus points come from the old recruit pitches.
    • Scouting uses the same pool of points as calls do. Will have to balance your budget with calling vs scouting.
    • Wanted to get Playoffs into the game but details still aren't ironed out... eg what criteria selection committee will use, will teams be seeded so as to avoid home field advantage (ex. LSU in the Sugar Bowl)
    • HC Skill Trees: Game Management & Recruiting. Trees individual to Offensive Coordinator and Defensive Coordinator
    • Earn XP for coach skills based on events in the game (on the field, recruiting, etc.)
    • Can use skill tree to help shore up some of your dificiencies...
    • HC Skills include: Kicker De-Icer, Overcome HFA effects, Player Motivation boosted in big games, can build recruiting style as start season strong vs end strong, Instant commit is a skill now,
    • Coordinator skills center around boosts to player ratings in the game: Can boost carry rating, QB guru teaches better THP/THA
    • CPU will utilize their sets of skills
    • Users can edit the coaching file just like a roster file... can edit coaches to match how you think their skill should be
    • You can see what coaches are rated so that you can see how you stack up in recruiting & game
    • When you move from a Coordinator to HC, you get to apply your rank points to your HC skills.
    • In the offseason, if you want you can re-spec your skill tree and/or your assistants.
    • 27 18 total Head Coach skills
    • 9 skills for each coordinator
    • When you create your dynasty, you can set your preset skill level... if you want all users to start off high, you can do so.
    • New version of the match-up stick is in the game (unlocked with skill tree)... gives ability to compare strengths/weaknesses on the field
    • All applies to Online Dynasty as well as offline dynasty
    • Coaching contracts now based on program recent history vs projected (ex. Alabama expects to win 10 to 11 every season)
    • Contract screen now tracks 30 years of each schools history... shows real life results (ex what did Wyoming look like in the 80s)
    Last edited by gschwendt; 05-28-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Good stuff there

Do your Coaching Skills carry over if/when you change jobs (i.e. OC at small school to your 1st HC job at another school)?
    From the podcast....

When you move from a Coordinator to HC, you get to apply your rank points to your HC skills.

Freshman
    Is there any changes to the Custom Conferences feature? Or do we have to wait until tomorrow?