View Poll Results: What camera angle do you think you will use most in NCAA 14?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regular

14 41.18%
  • Coordinator

8 23.53%
  • Zoom

7 20.59%
  • Wide

5 14.71%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EA SPORTS: NCAA Football 14 Sights and Sounds

• Facebook
  • Display

EA SPORTS: NCAA Football 14 Sights and Sounds

EA SPORTS has posted a new blog detailing some of the improvements coming to the "sights and sounds" of NCAA Football 14.

The blog notes the team's focus on getting accurate uniforms into the game (including getting them into the game as soon as possible), the addition of Seven Nation Army & Kernkraft 400, and also includes screenshots from some of the new playable camera angles coming to the game.

Click here or continue on to read the entire blog.

College is a time to express your true identity, and collegefootball teams seem to be embracing that mantra wholeheartedly. Alternate uniforms, base layers, team-specific gloves and more have become commonplace (word choice) in the college game, and the team behind NCAA Football 14 is working feverishly to keep up with the nation’s new looks.

Those new uniforms go a long way to nailing the college stadium atmosphere. The NCAA Football franchise has moved even closer to replicating the real thing this year, with the introduction of two stadium anthems.

“When You Look Good, You Play Good”

The above quote comes from former University of Oregon running back Kenjon Barner, who took a few moments while he was visiting the EA SPORTS Orlando studio to talk about Oregon’s love of trend-setting uniforms. While alternate and throwback jerseys have been around for years, it’s hard to think of uniform variety without thinking of the Ducks. The team has been tinkering with its look since 1998, providing a staggering number of combinations of jerseys, helmets and pants.

It seems these days everyone is getting in on the action, and the NCAA Football 14 team has been working closely with Adidas, Nike, Russell, and Under Armour to keep up with all the new looks and get them into the game. Teams will be debuting new uniforms every week of the upcoming season, and the goal is to get the new looks into the game as quickly as possible.

Building a Seven Nation Army

The familiar strains of Jack White’s guitar-turned-bass and the chant of “Oh… Oh-OH-oh oh OHH OHH” is probably a sound you’ve heard a million times at sporting events, and when Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes kicks up you’re ready to join in the refrain with more than 100,000 of your closest friends. The song, which came to America via Penn State’s Blue-White scrimmage in 2006, has become a staple in the sports world, and you’ll hear that chanted bass line echoing around football stadiums every weekend in the fall.

In a similar vein, many fans are also familiar with Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation, the electro-funk song that has been getting crowds jumping and chanting for over a decade. Traditionally, Kernkraft 400 has been used to pump fans up during timeouts or as a way to keep the crowd hot after a big play, making it hard for visitors to regain their composure.

This year NCAA Football 14 will be bringing that same emotion to the virtual gridiron, firing up virtual crowds with both Seven Nation Armyand Kernkraft 400. One of our goals was to keep these experiences authentic to how they’re used in actual NCAA stadiums, so expect to hear the crowd get particularly loud and imposing right before a kickoff or during a key 3rd down situation. Like our other crowd chants, these audio clips were taken from actual games and live crowds. The team traveled to more than 30 different FBS games last year, and every time one or both of these songs played to fire up the crowd.

For those with school spirit to spare, don’t worry. You’ll still get to hear “Rocky Top,” “Glory, Glory,” “Buckeye Battle Cry” and all your other favorites, but there will be yet another layer of realism to the crowd.

Gaining New Perspective

Another new feature is the ability to play games from one of three new camera angles. First up is the Wide camera, which presents the game from an angle akin to the “All 22” coach’s film. This full shot of the field keeps all players in frame and will allow players to keep tabs on all players at all times.

There is also the Zoom camera, which starts off from tackle-to-tackle and stays close to the ball throughout. If you want get the perspective of the QB or one of the backs then this is a good choice.

Last but not least is the Coordinator camera, which provides a view of the whole field initially, but dynamically zooms in during the play to follow the action. Traditionalists can still enjoy the Standard camera, but the new camera offers additional perspectives for anyone that wants to experience the game from a new angle. In addition, all these cameras will also be available in Road to Glory.

The new uniforms, stadium sounds and camera angles make NCAA Football 14 the most immersive in the series to date.

To keep up with the latest on NCAA 14, visit The Gaming Tailgate's NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...hts-and-Sounds

Crowd color, MUCH improved.

The grass and field texture looks better than last year, IMO. I'm also digging this camera angle. The other two are a little too far back for MY liking. I'm sure others prefer the higher/wider angles.

Looks good but I hope one of these years they can address the painted concrete field. I will surely try out the new coordinator cam but the wide camera has some potential for seeing the whole field.

I would love to see these things in motion. I thought that the coordinator cam was more at an angle?

I like the picture cam that LeeS posted. i would enjoy that too. Graphics are looking much nicer.

This shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but I hate how they still have players wearing the long sleeves that conform to their arms perfectly.

Only question I have: Why is the Texas crowd in the Oklahoma end zone, and vice versa?

I can't wait to see how "quick" they update uniforms. And if they get them ALL in. Last year was a joke. They came out too late and only a handful even came out at all.

I'm guessing that the Coordinator Cam will be the most playable, but I'll give the wide one a shot. All 22 is overdue.

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2

I like the new big zoomed out cam. Just wish they had a side scrolling feature of it. I'll be curious to see how it works.
    Last edited by Rudy; 05-01-2013 at 05:58 AM.

I will for sure be trying them all out. Can't wait to try them out actually

with each new blog, I find my anticipation level growing a little bit more. Been a long time since a NCAA game has done that.

Very much looking forward to July 9th

Not that I care but its still unclear: Will these uniform updates by pay for DLC or free updates throughout the year?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Not that I care but its still unclear: Will these uniform updates by pay for DLC or free updates throughout the year?
    I'd imagine we will get some free and others that will be pay. Just a guess here though.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Crowd color, MUCH improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post

Only question I have: Why is the Texas crowd in the Oklahoma end zone, and vice versa?
    Good catch, also why on earth would they show this game off at dusk?

Spoiler: show
    Attention to detail people.

Can someone PLEASE Tell EA if they can get every little detail to Michigan right to give the same respect for the OU/Texas game. It's NEVER played at night. NEVER. It's a 11 AM or 2:30 kick only. Oklahoma gets the endzone with the tunnel EVERY YEAR. The fans NEVER ROTATE. This is so annoying. CDJ, can you PLEASE pass this along? I know they can make simple changes like this at the last minute. They did it for Florida State one year.

My only questions is....will I be able to use the different camera angles online? More importantly in OD user vs user games?

I probably spend most of my time in the zoom camera, but I like the coordinator camera angle, I can see that being useful.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    My only questions is....will I be able to use the different camera angles online? More importantly in OD user vs user games?
    Yes. Each user can use different camera angles as well.