Thread: EA SPORTS: NCAA Football 14 Ultimate Team

• Facebook
  • Display

EA SPORTS: NCAA Football 14 Ultimate Team

If you’ve been playing EA SPORTS games over the years, you’ve likely gotten hooked on Ultimate Team mode in Madden NFL, FIFA or NHL. Well now you can get the same experience in NCAA Football 14. Let’s take a quick tour of the mode so you’re ready to create your own Ultimate Team on July 9.

WAKE UP THE ECHOES

The very first thing you’ll do after firing up NCAA Football 14 Ultimate Team is pick your school to get your base team.This determines your initial playbooks, as well as home and away uniforms, so choose wisely. You’ll get enough players in your initial pack to fill out your roster, and you might even receive one of the school's all-time greats.

Once you get underway, it won’t be long until you accumulate enough coins to start buying new packs and adding players to your team. Imagine a Tennessee team where Peyton Manning could throw the ball to Donte’ Stallworth, Jason Witten, or Cordarrelle Patterson, while also having the option to hand the ball off to Arian Foster. Or how about teaming up Dennis Dixon and LaMichael James at Oregon for an unstoppable option attack? With more than 1,400 former college players to choose from, the combinations of talent are nearly endless.

PLAY ALONE OR TAKE ON THE WORLD

NCAA Football Ultimate Team has a little something for everyone, allowing gamers to either play against the CPU in Solo Challenges, or against the community in the new Head-to-Head Seasons mode. Solo Challenges are a great way to learn the ropes and earn some cool rewards along the way, and some of them have special unlock requirements that encourages player to keep collecting and improving their team.

Head-to-Head Seasons puts a new twist on traditional online play. Players will compete in 10-game seasons and advance up eight tiers of opponents. Winning games during the season will give you a higher seed come playoff time. Emerge as the tournament champion to reap the most valuable rewards.

BUILDING A POWERHOUSE

One of the most addictive features in Ultimate Team is Collections, which reward devoted fans with big coin payouts, exclusive packs, special-edition player profiles and more. Every Collection will show exactly what you need in order to complete it, and new Collections will be available throughout the year. Also, be sure to look for special edition packs around rivalry games, bowl games and other major college football events for your chance to score some rare stuff.

So how are you going to keep your team straight? The powerful and user-friendly team manager makes things simple. Easily browse through your roster and select the perfect lineup for any situation, or simply select Choose Best Lineup and let the CPU handle it for you. The interface is designed to let you get in, make changes, and then get back on the field.

You can also put players up for auction if they’re just sitting on the bench, or if you need the coins. Set the starting price and then sit back and watch the bidding wars begin. Or, if you’re in the market for a new player, run a quick search to find exactly what you need to get your team over the top. If you’re not the bidding type, find a Buy Now sale to cut to the chase.

This is just a small glimpse of what you can expect in NCAA Football Ultimate Team, and we’ll be diving into some insight from the development team on the process of signing players for the mode.

NCAA Football will be available on Tuesday, July 9, for Xbox 360 and PS3, and fans can learn more at the NCAA Football website. Pre-order today to receive exclusive Conference Packs.

Fans can keep up to date by visiting the NCAA Football website, Facebook, and Twitter for exclusive assets and unique insights into all of this year’s new features. College football enthusiasts can also get involved in the conversation by tweeting with the hashtag #PLAYTRUE.

For the full press release, please see below.

EA SPORTS Announces NCAA Football 14 Playbook #3: Ultimate Team

Build an Unbeatable Roster Utilizing Over 1,400 Former College Players

May 15, 2013 – EA SPORTS has announced the latest NCAA Football 14 Playbook, “Ultimate Team.” The fan-favorite mode makes its way to NCAA Football 14, allowing the college faithful to assemble rosters they’ve only ever dreamed of with over 1,400 former college football greats available at launch. Create a powerhouse team utilizing the best of the best from not only your alma mater, but all of college football.

Ultimate Team players can put their squad through its paces both through Solo Challenges against the CPU and the brand-new Head-to-Head Seasons mode against other players. Head-to-Head Seasons puts a new twist on traditional online play, creating a 10-game season with eight increasing levels of competition. Achieve milestones along the way to earn rewards, and win games for the highest possible seed at the end-of-season tournament. Assemble a team dominant enough to bring home the championship and reap the biggest rewards.

Fans can also enjoy other staples of Ultimate Team, including collecting star players, setting lineups, and completing collections to earn coins, special packs or rare players and items. In addition to buying packs in the online store, players can post and bid on items from all players on the auction block. Throughout the season, players will find special challenges and rewards for rivalry games, bowl games, and more.

For more details fans can check out the NCAA Football Ultimate Team blog, which provides a full explanation of the mode and its features. Additional information will continue to be released in the coming days.

Fans are encouraged to keep up to date by visiting the NCAA Football website, Facebook, and Twitter for exclusive assets and unique insights into all this year’s new features. College football enthusiasts can also get involved in the conversation by tweeting with the hashtag #PLAYTRUE.

NCAA Football 14 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon, with trademarks licensed by IMG College’s The Collegiate Licensing Company on behalf of its partner institutions.NCAA Football 14 will be available on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on July 9. For more information about NCAA Football, please visit http://www.easports.com/ncaa-football.

EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSX™ and Fight Night boxing.

For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ficial-Release
    The dude abides.

notice how the Ark State logo keeps finding its way into some of these pictures

Freshman
    I think its gonna be solid with all the offenses to run Pistol,Option, and all the uniforms it could be some fun

It doesn't really explain whether there is any benefit to selecting say as your starter school over say

Perhaps its obvious but should the fans of lesser schools really be punished or forced to choose another school to get the best starter pack?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    It doesn't really explain whether there is any benefit to selecting say as your starter school over say

Perhaps its obvious but should the fans of lesser schools really be punished or forced to choose another school to get the best starter pack?
    who cares ? you start making coins/credits and it morphs into what you want...if you stick with it for a while

Oh man... I was hoping for some info hinting to another part of the game... nope... I couldn't possibly care less about this release. But to those that do, more power to you.

does season mode act like online dynasty? like can you play a season with only a select group of friends or are you playing against all kinds of randoms?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    does season mode act like online dynasty? like can you play a season with only a select group of friends or are you playing against all kinds of randoms?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    I am pretty sure the seasons is just like FIFA. You play random people that are in your tier. You have to have a certain record by the end of the season to be able to move up a tier. If you are not on the lowest tier and have a crappy season, you'd get relegated down a tier.

The playoffs work basically where say you're going to be searching for a match with someone who has a seed that matches yours in the first round I assume. Then it will match up players who have qualified for the 2nd round, 3rd round, and so on until you get to the championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I am pretty sure the seasons is just like FIFA. You play random people that are in your tier. You have to have a certain record by the end of the season to be able to move up a tier. If you are not on the lowest tier and have a crappy season, you'd get relegated down a tier.

The playoffs work basically where say you're going to be searching for a match with someone who has a seed that matches yours in the first round I assume. Then it will match up players who have qualified for the 2nd round, 3rd round, and so on until you get to the championship game.
    Wooo a mode I'll probably have to play to get trophies that REQUIRES me to mess with 12 year olds; and East Room randoms that know every glitch/exploit in the game. I cannot wait!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Wooo a mode I'll probably have to play to get trophies that REQUIRES me to mess with 12 year olds; and East Room randoms that know every glitch/exploit in the game. I cannot wait!!!!

Play early and fast before they get good teams, and figure out the glitches. That's the way I use to do any online achievements, now I just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Play early and fast before they get good teams, and figure out the glitches. That's the way I use to do any online achievements, now I just don't care.
    That's the way I'm gonna be. I have 100% every NCAA since '09 (first game after I jumped to 360), but if the achievements for Ultimate Team are more complicated than some very quick and simple ones, '14 will be the first NCAA I skip trying to get 100% achievements on. Not worth my time at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    That's the way I'm gonna be. I have 100% every NCAA since '09 (first game after I jumped to 360), but if the achievements for Ultimate Team are more complicated than some very quick and simple ones, '14 will be the first NCAA I skip trying to get 100% achievements on. Not worth my time at all.
    Meh I'll prob grind it out. I hope it won't take much and I can knock them out with Season Ticket like I whored out the Heisman ones last year. It was a boring grind but hopefully I can get them all knocked out during that weekend prior to release.

A game built on a population of fictitious players would have nowhere near the appeal of Madden, FIFA or Hockey Ultimate Team—just ask Diamond Dynasty, a variant of the format introduced by MLB The Show last year, which remains an outlier in terms of appeal. By contrast, MUT, FUT and HUT as they're known, have been enormous drivers of microtransaction revenue to EA Sports, and now—what, NUT?—will be expected to do the same.
    Diamond Dynasty isn't less popular because of generic players. They have pro cards too. Its less popular because it sells less then NCAA by about 20% of units and is only on one console and the baseball video game crowd isn't as large and hardcore as the football one. Its not like the-UTs are that popular to begin with. All you guys on my friends list hardly touched it-MUT- which is a pretty decent census of how the UTs compare to playing in other modes.

The concept of these modes are great...NUT dropped the ball not incorporating teambuilder LOL.But they lose steam as soon as the majority of freaks who turn it in to their obsessive hobby of getting every 99 they can hoping the AI just earns them another W. Its not fun anymore watching Superteams bang into each other and like someone said..Deion Sanders and Adrian Peterson pretty much able to do the same overpowered things each.

The closet thing to this Ultimate Team I've ever messed with was Madden 2000 where you collected cards, and used them boost player stats in game. I only collected and never used the cards then, I doubt I'd build teams out of them and play with them now. It does sound like a decent challenge though, you're restricted to what offense/defense and players you have in your deck. I was hoping though that through collecting these cards you could unlock old championship teams to use in the play now mode.

Guess my Direction and EA 's direction are going different ways... Modes like this really makes me doubt that I will even buy the game. I didn't even play 3 full games of NCAA13. Hope you guys have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
    Guess my Direction and EA 's direction are going different ways... Modes like this really makes me doubt that I will even buy the game. I didn't even play 3 full games of NCAA13. Hope you guys have fun!!
    I haven't kept up a whole lot with you on this. What are you looking for that isn't being worked on?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post

The concept of these modes are great...NUT dropped the ball not incorporating teambuilder LOL..
    That's true. The mode would've been better if you could design your own stadium and uniforms for your team as well as unlock other stuff through packs.