Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Week Two, 2010

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'm all done now. Just waiting on Papa.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    One word Escobar: Shit!

This is in regards to your Week 2 score.
    Buffalo must not have any speed on their Defense, because it was over at halftime. I was up 51-7. Their QB threw me a couple of pic sixes. Played 2nd string after the first drive of the 2nd half. Put in my 3rd RB, McDowell, who broke a 92 yard run, then chewed clock the whole 4th. I couldn't do anything to not score besides kneeling. Ellington had 11 carries for 98 yds and 1 or 2 TD's. Harper had 8-10 carries for over 150 yd's a 2 TD's. McDowell had 6 carries for over 100 yards and 1 or 2 TD's.

For those of you that played Jeff and tex how did the sliders work in a user vs user game?

Next year when I am making schedules I may think about throwing some harder teams in. I didn't change much this season as I wanted everyone to get used to how the game played. With that said Notre Dame and their hurry-up air raid offense was tough to contain (granted I am playing with a B defense).

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Here we go again ...

Through practice and a few games online I am not entirely comfortable unleashing my shotgun zone read offense with Tate Forcier at the helm. Next year when Devin Gardner takes over however things will be different. After Gardner departs it will depend on what I can find on the recruiting trail.

Man I have been missing TONS of stuff. I have been getting games in all weekend and spending time with the family only to hop back here this morning and realize how much I've missed.

I pounded Buffalo and yes they are very slow. Look at my stats and compare to Escobar. Royster was pulled in the first quarter of that game. Still had 3 backs over 100yds each.
    Then against Alabama I pulled Royster in the second quarter and all of a sudden McElroy catches lightening in a bottle and they quickly post 28 unanswered points on me. I still enjoyed a great day running, by putting up almost 500yds rushing on the ground against those elephants. Boy it did feel good after what you did last year with the Papa.

Crap....I should've played my game last night....I'll get it in between jobs....should kick off between 3:30pm-4pm central.

U still running two jobs Papa? I might be doing that for a bit as well, but I should be fine to keep going. It won't be that much different really, other then logging on about half an hour to an hour later then I normally do.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    For those of you that played Jeff and tex how did the sliders work in a user vs user game?
    Honestly, Oneback, that's the first time I've ever played a USER vs USER game and thought that the sliders may not be affecting it. I'm pretty convinced of that, actually. It's long been thought and rumored that was the case, but last night was the first time I actually thought it myself.

That said, if the sliders were influencing, they didn't feel the same as a CPU game, but it certainly felt even. Both teams had ridiculously good reaction times on pass plays, and we both got equally shredded by the running game.

Looking back, I wish I'd requested to play vs Notre Dame (they did play in 1995, after all), but all things considered I knew I needed to get comfortable first.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Yea Snoop....I gotta get this insurance switched over from the City of Dallas to FedEx. $580 to $60 will be good to me....lol....but I have to work 1000 hours to be eligible for the "part-time job....full-time benefits" thing....which will be about 9-10 months from now. If I decide to get my CDL and can drive for FedEx....I'll drop the City. They've been screwing us (so called city budget problems) since they approved to build that hotel.

I always wonder how it would be if Laura Miller didn't stand in the way for the Cowboys Stadium being built in Fair Park.
    Last edited by Papa LoneStar; 07-26-2010 at 07:38 AM.

The freaking word insurance is such a swear word, almost as bad as politics in my book. My ft job is 752 for a family just health no dental, no eye. My wife's company we pay 86 bucks for health, dental and eye. Unreal.

I'm looking at getting some extra $$ to help pay down some debt quickly so that we can upgrade a few things.

Yea jeff good game. George is a monster and after the pick6 i felt lost the whole game. Felt better late when I was in SG just tossing it around. That may be part of you easing up on me. If anyone has any 3rd and long defense that works let me know I suck at 3rd and really anything

I look forward to Nebraska tonight (hopefully)....we are ready to advance.

about time slacker! lol, would be sweet if you get to be a driver at fedex, they always seem like a good company to get in with when i read about them.

lol....I just HATE being last. I wanted to play last night....but I definitely ENJOYED laying down at 10:30pm....don't get to do that often....lol