Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2010 Season Recruiting Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Here's our four-stars so far, will do the 3s later.

[espnu150][4star] Brett Muse - WR - 6'3", 183lb - Picked over A&M and LSU.
    >> B+ SPD, B AGI, C+ JMP, C BTK, C+ CAR, C- CTH, C- SPC, C+ CIT, C- RR, C- RLS

Muse will obviously need work on his catching abilites but he could be a RB/WR in disguise and has ESPNU150 potential. His size with probably high 80s or low 90s SPD could be a factor on the inside routes.

[4star] Corey Parsons - TE - 6'4", 232lbs - Picked over Penn St. and Notre Dame
    >> B- SPD, D+ CTH, C CIT, C RR, C RLS, C PBK, C+ RBK, B- PBF, C+ PBS

Parsons is mainly a blocker with good speed for a TE and a 6'4" size, if he works on his catching, he could have some fine mid-20 reception seasons for the Sooners.

arent WR's juke/elu/truck/spin move/ etc... all nerfed in the recruiting pool for WRs? might be tricky to make him a HB

His Juke / ELU might be decent, but his CAR will probably suck bigtime.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I finally got the double points day that I needed on a receiver to take him away from Houston. He's been soft committed to them for about 3 weeks now.

[2star] K Shawn Gordon 6'0 175lbs Paterson, NJ
    Originally a target as a concern for lack of future recruits in the kicking department, once the fortune tellers in Madison said, "not to worry... I foresee strong legs in the future", the Badgers backed off a bit but still kept an interest. Gordon never received any other real attention so the Badgers will welcome him with open arms to Wisconsin. With two seniors next year, he can redshirt and possibly develop into a starting kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    I finally got the double points day that I needed on a receiver to take him away from Houston. He's been soft committed to them for about 3 weeks now.
    nice, i have not had a x2 since week 1 or 2 i believe.

Wisconsin's signed recruits after Week 1 of the offseason:

Deonne Wyatt [3star] ATH 6'3 211lbs Gilroy, CA
    With really no discernible skills other than his speed, Wyatt comes in as a project. He'll be redshirting his first year and most likely assigned to special teams for his freshman & sophomore years, but the Badgers are hoping that by his Junior year that he can develop into a solid contributor.[/table]

James Luke [3star] OLB 6'0 213lbs Goldsboro, NC
    Like Wyatt, Luke comes in as a project signee. While he played OLB in high school, the Badger defensive staff will have to evaluate him and potentially move him to defensive end as a rush end. Regardless though, it will take several years to develop him into playing time. He had offers from ECU & Maryland.

Terrence Fine [3star] TE 6'5 216lbs Sweetwater, FL
    One of Wisconsin's needs this season was that of a receiving Tight End. The previous coaching staff just consider their TEs as glorified Tackles but Fine certainly breaks that mold with decent speed as well as hands to boot. He might even find himself in some packages lined up as a slot WR. Fine had an offer from Alabama and interest from Michigan.

Brandon "357" Mangum [3star] 6'0 217lbs Bayton, TX
    While Mangum is not the speed demon type of halfback, he more than makes up with it with his ability to elude defenders, primarly with his juke step. Over time, the Badgers expect him to develop into a quality back that can contribute game in and game out. As well he has potential to see game time in his freshman year depending on if the coaches decide to redshirt Junior Montee Ball in the upcoming season. Mangum chose Wisconsin over an offer from Miami.

Josh Nobles [3star] WR 6'1 172lbs Ridgewood, NJ
    Look for Josh to be primarily used on third down as well as goalline situations. His natural ability to come down with amazing catches will be very beneficial when the Badgers need a play. He'll have the opportunity to showcase that talent his first year on campus as WR is a definite need in Wisconsin. Nobles chose Wisconsin over Pittsburgh.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 08-26-2010 at 08:39 AM.

VT picked up a few recruits so far 3 weeks into the off-season

[3star]
    TE
    Ron Thomas

6'-7
    213 lbs
    Portland, OR

Blocking

[4star]
    WR
    Frank Scott

6'-1
    208 lbs
    Rendon, Tx

Balanced
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 08-26-2010 at 09:04 PM.

Ratings:

Speed B+, Agility B-, Acceleration B, Jumping B, Hit Power C+, Pursuit C+, Man Coverage C, Zone Coverage C-, Press B-

Evaluation:

Long is a good sized cornerback prospect with some upside and scheme versatility when projecting for the college level. Tall with good length but is lean and will need to add some size and strength before making a major contribution at the next level. Shows some rigidness in his hips and turns but may be athletic and aggressive enough to play corner to start his career in Cover 2 schemes. Reads the quarterback well and shows solid underneath skill-set breaking on the perimeter pass. Displays more than adequate quickness jumping routes and physicality jamming and limiting yards after the catch. Utilizes his length to cover a lot of ground on his underneath run support and flashes good contact as a tackler. Needs to work on wrapping up more consistently instead of lunging as well as improving upper-body strength to shed the stalk-block quicker. As a deep zone defender he shows good range, coverage awareness and ball skills. Those attributes as well as his ability to get down into the box quickly on run support when deployed as a high-point defender make safety a good possibility if he adds the necessary size. Our main concern at corner or safety is his lack of great speed and smooth transitional skills. Does show the ability to flip his hips in man schemes and stay between the ball and receiver but we do not see great overall man-to-man ability at the next level without over the top help. Needs some overall polish in his footwork, consistent hip sink and knee bend. Overall, Long is a productive defensive back prospect whose best football is ahead of him. Versatile, rangy, aggressive and comfortable around the ball, just lacks some sought-after speed and smoothness.

Ratings

Speed C, Acceleration B-, Strength B-, Tackle C+, Power Moves B, Finesse Moves B+, Block Shedding B, Pursuit B+,

Evaluation

Jennings is a defender that displays the ability to force offenses to account for his whereabouts. He has a great frame with good listed bulk, but on film still looks to be a kid with a lean build and he has plenty of room to pack on more good size. Displays a good get-off, but can be more consistent and can help him self at times by crowding the ball more. He looks to have a good reach and displays the ability to use it well. He will shoot his hands coming out of his stance and create and maintain separation. He can be tough to block one-on-one as he uses his hands and displays the ability to keep leverage. Despite having a lean build he displays good strength and can hold his ground and stretch plays out laterally. While he can be tough to run at especially if you just try and base block him he can also be disruptive from the backside. He can seem a little gangly like he is still getting comfortable in is body at times, but once he knows where he wants to get and goes he can move and has the ability to run plays down from behind. He needs to work on squeezing down and staying square. He has a good motor and is a good tackler. He has ability as a pass rusher and seems best at this point when he can take a wide rush. Will flash the ability to use his hands and can get the body lean to turn the corner. He does need to be more consistent with his weapons and increase his pass arsenal. Jennings is a good defender. He displays the ability to be tough versus the run and pass and has nice continued upside physically and as a player.

Still trying to figure out if I am running a 4-3 or 3-4 next year. Jennings will find the field either at DE in the 4-3 or OLB in the 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Still trying to figure out if I am running a 4-3 or 3-4 next year. Jennings will find the field either at DE in the 4-3 or OLB in the 3-4.
    Depending on me moving a few players around, I'll waffling between a 4-2-5 & 4-3 next year. While I'd rather stay away from 425 due to the man cover bug, I see a potential for moving some players around (namely DBs) that could set the personnel up nicely.

im done recruiting for the year ready for training results and cut players!

[espnu150]
    [4star]
    DE
    Bill Arnold

6'-3"
    241 lbs
    Parkersburg, WV

Run Stopper

I was something like 560 points behind the CPU on my 3* DE target, but thanks to a X2 and a Visit, he committed. That's borderline insane.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

[4star]
    DE
    Tyson McLaughlin

6'-2"
    242 lbs
    Chillum, MD

Run Stopper