Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Season Recruiting Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I needed every one of those points in hopes of catching the teams in front of me as well.
    I've been debating on whether or not I should drop some of my players off my board. I'm behind on some but I think I can still make up the deficit.

im pretty sure you get the recruiting adviser random bonuses whether u recruit on the web or in the game.

yea i hit double recruiting week on 3 of my most coveted recruits, very happy. Had two 900s and a 860.

Tech gets it's first recruit:

**** WR Gerald Chavez

alot more anxiety this year in recruiting, never sure when the computer is going to dominate me :/, and picking visit dates is tougher as well.

Seeing Tennessee inviting recruits for their Week 3 showdown with Florida was all the proof I needed that recruiting has drastically changed this year.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I had quite a few recruits in house for our 49-17 creaming of Iowa including two players ranked #1 in their position.. wouldn't be surprised with a couple commits, maybe from the #1 C.

I signed a 4* HB Jeremy Mackey in week 1.

I have been trying so hard to solidify my top 10 on my board that I have turned a blind eye almost to the back end of my board. This year the recruiting is much more intense and adds some more excitement for me.

I brought in a couple of recruits to watch that beatdown against Kent State actually just to see what their rating of the trip will be since I would be a very strong favorite in this out of conference game. Looking forward to seeing how their trip went.

The Hokies pick up their 2nd recruit yesterday evening by signing

Bo Booth
    #14 DE
    6'-6", 230 lbs
    Waltham,MA

Run Stopper
    4-star (top 150)
    B+ PUR, B+ FIN Moves, B- Blk Shedding

Booth chose the Hokies over West Virginia and Auburn

Hopefully we lock up a few more recruits next week after their visits after ECU

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    im pretty sure you get the recruiting adviser random bonuses whether u recruit on the web or in the game.

yea i hit double recruiting week on 3 of my most coveted recruits, very happy. Had two 900s and a 860.
    dont like to hear that.

Agreed recruiting is different and way harder to set up visits. Had 3 ppl ready in another dynasty and wanted to go ahead and get them in the game I was playing and they all were going somewhere else that week not used to that.

I am loving recruiting this year. From the increased difficulty, to the way calls go, to being able to see how many points you are behind a team and most importantly the way recruiting against another team is set up.

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    Agreed recruiting is different and way harder to set up visits. Had 3 ppl ready in another dynasty and wanted to go ahead and get them in the game I was playing and they all were going somewhere else that week not used to that.
    60% of my recruits were ready for visits so I scheduled them for my past game lol. It was either that or wait until week 6 against Central Michigan which is another out of conference game.

Hopefully it didn't hurt me bringing them in this early.

I am bringing in all the recruits I can for Michigan State (week 6), hopefully it won't backfire.

Agreed, Oneback, the recruiting against opponents is a great improvement. Considerably better, and easier to understand, than last year's attempt.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I just noticed I only have one 5-star recruit I'm in the running for lol. The rest are all 4-star recruits. I added another 5-star just now but I know I won't get him as FSU is up by a huge amount.

i have noticed that some of you all are still going for guys not in your top 10, i will be interested to see if you guys can pull it off, i have tried a few times in my offline OD and had 0 luck :/

haha skip, now i need to do some research and make sure i dont slack off on whoever ur talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    i have noticed that some of you all are still going for guys not in your top 10, i will be interested to see if you guys can pull it off, i have tried a few times in my offline OD and had 0 luck :/

haha skip, now i need to do some research and make sure i dont slack off on whoever ur talking about!
    Haha I made it point not to mention his name but I'm sure you will find out soon enough when i offer that scholly lol. Every one of my recruits had me in their top 10 except the 2-star punter Im after haha

A tip... do not recruit for an Online Dynasty during an electric storm or possible power outtage. I was recruiting last night during a storm and my power went out. When I got back on today, it had used all of my proper time, however none of the changes to my list were saved (ie adding, removing, and reorganizing my list). As well, two players that I had set to come in on a visit are no longer set for a visit, instead they're still listed as Ready. My assumption is that none of my call results were actually saved... instead it logged that I used that time but didn't log my results.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    A tip... do not recruit for an Online Dynasty during an electric storm or possible power outtage. I was recruiting last night during a storm and my power went out. When I got back on today, it had used all of my proper time, however none of the changes to my list were saved (ie adding, removing, and reorganizing my list). As well, two players that I had set to come in on a visit are no longer set for a visit, instead they're still listed as Ready. My assumption is that none of my call results were actually saved... instead it logged that I used that time but didn't log my results.
    wow, i guess that is to keep ppl from 'quitting game' inside of the recruiting screen to redo their recruiting, its to bad EA has to fix things do to people like that :/

If you notice when you first call a recruit it says "Reporting call to server".

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Wow, this is ironic but guess what I just picked up this past weekend from BB?

I would have random outages a few months ago that would of course turn power off the PS3 (which is a no-no). Well I wanted to get one of these bad boys so I could plug the PS3, modem and router into so I can still stay powered up. Only thing I'd have to worry about is powering the plasma. Haven't checked to see how much power it would draw (currently the 3 devices I have in now draw 35% load or around 220 watts)

I know it doesn't totally pertain to your situation but wanted to share