Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Playoffs Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

2013 NBA Playoffs Talk

Melo having a tough game after starting 4-4 (2-10 since then).

Jeff Green is showing more of what he's given the Celtics since Rondo went down (20 points in the 1st half so far).

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    53-49 Celtics at halftime

Celtics shooting 54% so far.

Todays finals.

NY 85
    Boston 78

Denver 97
    Golden St. 95

Brooklyn 106
    Chicago 89

In progress
    2nd qtr
    LAC 40
    Memphis 35
    Last edited by bjrod9; 04-20-2013 at 10:35 PM.

I want to know what dumbass made up the playoff schedule. It is so stupid. Looking at just Golden State-Denver for example, they played game 1 last night. They don't play game 2 until Tuesday and game 3 until Friday. How the hell is either team supposed to build up any momentum when it's three days before they even return to the damn court for the next game?

Celtics-Knicks are just as stupid. They played game one yesterday. If they go the entire length, they won't play game 7 until Sunday May 5th, two entire damn weeks after the start of the series. All of the series are that way. Start either yesterday or today, end two weeks from now on either May 4th or May 5th. There is no reason for them to be that spread out all to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I want to know what dumbass made up the playoff schedule. It is so stupid. Looking at just Golden State-Denver for example, they played game 1 last night. They don't play game 2 until Tuesday and game 3 until Friday. How the hell is either team supposed to build up any momentum when it's three days before they even return to the damn court for the next game?

Celtics-Knicks are just as stupid. They played game one yesterday. If they go the entire length, they won't play game 7 until Sunday May 5th, two entire damn weeks after the start of the series. All of the series are that way. Start either yesterday or today, end two weeks from now on either May 4th or May 5th. There is no reason for them to be that spread out all to hell.
    TV, sir. They want as many games on tv as possible. You can only play a few during the weekdays because people gotta work.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    TV, sir. They want as many games on tv as possible. You can only play a few during the weekdays because people gotta work.
    True. Still stupid as hell. How the hell are the Warriors or Nuggets supposed to gain momentum when it takes an entire full week to play three damn games? Any momentum you gain from the previous game will be lost by waiting three days just to play the next game. The fact that it's going to take nearly two whole months just to get through the entire playoffs is a joke.

They should do double headers during the week. Wednesday for example, they have Rockets-Thunder on TNT at 7pm, Hawks-Pacers on NBA TV at 7:30pm and Lakers-Spurs on TNT at 9:30pm. Put a fourth game on NBA TV at 10pm Wednesday night. Do the same thing for all weekdays. A double header each day, 7/9:30 on TNT, 7:30/10 on NBA TV. Then once you get to the conference semis, you can work the schedule better so each game is in their own time slot. Problem solved. The games are closer to each other in the first round so teams can actually build up and keep momentum throughout the series, it doesn't take two weeks to play a whole 8 series, and it doesn't take two months to play the entire damn playoffs.

True. Still stupid as hell. How the hell are the Warriors or Nuggets supposed to gain momentum when it takes an entire full week to play three damn games? Any momentum you gain from the previous game will be lost by waiting three days just to play the next game. The fact that it's going to take nearly two whole months just to get through the entire playoffs is a joke.

They should do double headers during the week. Wednesday for example, they have Rockets-Thunder on TNT at 7pm, Hawks-Pacers on NBA TV at 7:30pm and Lakers-Spurs on TNT at 9:30pm. Put a fourth game on NBA TV at 10pm Wednesday night. Do the same thing for all weekdays. A double header each day, 7/9:30 on TNT, 7:30/10 on NBA TV. Then once you get to the conference semis, you can work the schedule better so each game is in their own time slot. Problem solved. The games are closer to each other in the first round so teams can actually build up and keep momentum throughout the series, it doesn't take two weeks to play a whole 8 series, and it doesn't take two months to play the entire damn playoffs.
    I'm sure the NBA could give a damn about momentum. I'm sure they'd prefer for every series to go 7 for the "drama." A team getting hot and sweeping means less eyes on that series. Less eyes, less moolah. From a common man's POV, yeah, it's dumb to play 3 or 4 days later but for the NBA, getting you to watch every game of every (hopefully drwn out) series is far worth the long breaks.

I'm sure the NBA could give a damn about momentum. I'm sure they'd prefer for every series to go 7 for the "drama." A team getting hot and sweeping means less eyes on that series. Less eyes, less moolah. From a common man's POV, yeah, it's dumb to play 3 or 4 days later but for the NBA, getting you to watch every game of every (hopefully drwn out) series is far worth the long breaks.
    Which is exactly why, outside of Denver Nuggets games, I couldn't give two shits about the NBA or the rest of its playoffs. Because Stern is a fucktard and runs the NBA like one. The only way I even know what is going on is from the scores page on ESPN.com. Otherwise, the NBA gets 0 viewing time from me outside of Nuggets games.

Surprise, surprise, Miami is moving on. Up 3-0, Bucks have no chance. Bulls-Nets still battling for the 2-1 lead with a couple seconds left. Now to see if the Grizzlies can hold on for the win tonight and get back in the series, or if they'll fold.

Well, the NBA not giving a damn about momentum screwed Denver the other night. Their shooting was off all night and ended up getting whipped because of that douchetard Stern.

Edit - Wow, somehow I managed to get an NFL draft post in the NBA thread.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 04-27-2013 at 02:27 AM.

Can the Denver / Golden State series be best of 21? So fun to watch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

Very good game!

made it...for 4 or 5 games...
    5? That's more generous than I'd be.
    I rest my case.

I wish. It would be even better, in my opinion, if they played more than every 3 days.

See you next year Lakers!

I can honestly say i'm glad this season is over. It's been a total nightmare from day one. If it could go wrong, it did and then some.

Kenneth Faried took it out in the Golden State visitor's locker room last night after the Warriors delivered a beatdown.

After the Warriors knocked off the Nuggets to advance into the second round of the playoffs . Mark Jackson‘s old buddy Reggie Miller went back into the Warriors locker room to congratulate his friend and team on the their success. In what was probably the coolest Reggie Miller moment in a long time cause he said “sh!t” on TV.
    http://hoopeduponline.com/

D-Wade rocking Grandma's couch for a jacket tonight.

The dude abides.